[Call of Cthulhu] CoC V6 character sheet based FW

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Re: [Call of Cthulhu] CoC V6 character sheet based FW

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I played the English version over christmas and it worked great. Thanks for all your hard work.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:I played the English version over christmas and it worked great. Thanks for all your hard work.
Wonderful ! I'm very glad it worked out for you. Let me know if you have any question about it.

Tarlock
Kobold

Post by Tarlock »

looks great. Planing on using it. are there any planes for updates?

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Tarlock wrote:looks great. Planing on using it. are there any planes for updates?
Thanks, I'm glad you plan on using it :)

Note that it works better with Maptool 1.3 b87 and Java 1.6. With b89 and Java 1.7, a change in the way HTML is handled caused the HTML cells to have thicker borders (still working, but kinda ugly).

I'm afraid I won't have time to update the FW for a while, unless I need to fix a crippling bug in the code (let me know if you find any). When the Mote project goes out of beta and is fully functional, I may start working on frameworks again.

Let me know if you have any question about how the FW works, I'll be glad to help.

Tarlock
Kobold

Post by Tarlock »

Do you know of any Converted "stories/adventures" which are available for free use? Just trying to optimize the free time I have during the week:)

Tarlock
Kobold

Post by Tarlock »

one small thing: the macro prop tooltip is still in frence:) Can still resd it but just as you know

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Ok, thanks for the heads-up. I'll fix that asap.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

1.91b is up for download, the only difference is the translated tooltip for the "Prop" macro. Cheers!

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

This looks wonderful. I may try to convert it for my Elric/Stormbringer game.

One thing: the character sheet dialog has the french label: "Fiche de Perso"
MapTools Forks: Thread

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

MeMeMe wrote:This looks wonderful. I may try to convert it for my Elric/Stormbringer game.
I'm glad you like it :). FYI I also created a Runequest/Legend FW that may be better suited for your Elric/Stormbringer game. It all depends on what set of rules you use for this game: if you use the original Chaosium Stormbringer system, then the CoC framework will probably be better suited. However if you use the Mongoose Elric rules, whch are using either the Runequest I or Runequest II systems, you'll start a lot closer from my RQ/Legend framework, which is located here.

Both frameworks have the same "philosophy," that is players are supposed to be able to do everything from the CS. The RQ has however a more automated combat system (I tried to speed up the combat by handling a lot of the technical aspect), but no Sanity management (if you're FW savvy, it would however be quite easy to copy all the macros and properties necessary for the SAN system into the RQ fw).
MeMeMe wrote:One thing: the character sheet dialog has the french label: "Fiche de Perso"
Duly noted, I'll fix that asap. Thx !!

Tarlock
Kobold

Post by Tarlock »

booga wrote:
Tarlock wrote:looks great. Planing on using it. are there any planes for updates?
Thanks, I'm glad you plan on using it :)

Note that it works better with Maptool 1.3 b87 and Java 1.6. With b89 and Java 1.7, a change in the way HTML is handled caused the HTML cells to have thicker borders (still working, but kinda ugly).

I'm afraid I won't have time to update the FW for a while, unless I need to fix a crippling bug in the code (let me know if you find any). When the Mote project goes out of beta and is fully functional, I may start working on frameworks again.

Let me know if you have any question about how the FW works, I'll be glad to help.

Sounds great:) How is Mote progressing?

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Tarlock wrote:Sounds great:) How is Mote progressing?
Slowly but surely. The main developper hurt himself pretty bad, which I'm sure slowed things down. However they just released a couple new betas. The backward compatibility for the macros needs a lot of work ,but they are at it :).

The built-in macro editor is really neat. Not having to copy back and forth into NP++ is pretty awesome.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Revision 1.191c is available for download. Only cosmetic changes.

MeMeMe
Dragon

Post by MeMeMe »

booga wrote:
MeMeMe wrote:This looks wonderful. I may try to convert it for my Elric/Stormbringer game.
I'm glad you like it :). FYI I also created a Runequest/Legend FW that may be better suited for your Elric/Stormbringer game. It all depends on what set of rules you use for this game: if you use the original Chaosium Stormbringer system, then the CoC framework will probably be better suited. However if you use the Mongoose Elric rules, whch are using either the Runequest I or Runequest II systems, you'll start a lot closer from my RQ/Legend framework, which is located here.

Both frameworks have the same "philosophy," that is players are supposed to be able to do everything from the CS. The RQ has however a more automated combat system (I tried to speed up the combat by handling a lot of the technical aspect), but no Sanity management (if you're FW savvy, it would however be quite easy to copy all the macros and properties necessary for the SAN system into the RQ fw).
MeMeMe wrote:One thing: the character sheet dialog has the french label: "Fiche de Perso"
Duly noted, I'll fix that asap. Thx !!
Thanks. I prefer the original Stormbringer/Elric mechanics, but i do plan to use some elements from the Mongoose update, so I'll check out your other framework too.
MapTools Forks: Thread

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

Would it be alright with you if I edited the character sheet to work with Call of Cthulhu V7?

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”