On one hand it seems to take longer and longer for us to release a new version, but on the other hand the releases get larger and larger (in terms of feats,fixes and changes).... anyway version 8.1.1 is out8.1.1 (8-okt-12)(B,P)Working team (besides me) for this release:
BS: BTS 1967
DM: Dave M (data entry of psychic powers)IMPORTANT NOTE:
Because of the Psychic Power Overhaul (see below) you will need to 'Repair and Upgrade' ALL psy related tokens (so also Navigators) you have in your game. However BEFORE you do this, make sure that you have the correct libraries turned on in settings. You can 'Repair and Upgrade' multiple tokens at once.
It has turned out that the former 'repair and upgrade' was broken… basically it breaks ALL the talents of a token when you run it. Our apologies for this. The bug concerned 1 letter: 's' talents weren't updated with groups but with group, where the latter is from the weapons...Big Changes
The biggest change for this build is a complete overhaul of the ENTIRE Psychic System. The overhaul focused on separating the use of either the Power Roll mechanics (DH) or the Focus Power test mechanics (RT, DW, BC, and OW). The original implementation mingled these together which could be confusing at times. This separation also allowed for greater depth in the automation of various skills, traits, talents, and various options in the use of psychic powers. Further, the existing implementation of rules were cleaned up and refined. To focus on a more friendly approach to powers, each token now has its own list of powers that works similar to Weapons and Armour. Finally, all psychic powers were scrubbed to allow for automated die rolls, value generation, and hyper-linked die macros.
In terms of hyper-linked die macros within power descriptions, random die rolls will no longer generate a die roll value in the power description when a power is successfully used. It will now generate a hyperlink that you can click on and generate the die roll. This allows for more flexibility, especially in cases where a power affects multiple targets or has a different result each round.
Please note, Navigator powers were rolled into the build as a type of psychic power; in effect they operate almost identically to psychic powers using the Focus Power test mechanics.
Another big change for this version is a stats parser for ships, similar to the one for character tokens, it allows to copy paste an entire ship description text in one text field and all the elements are grabbed and set on the ship. This means that you can build an entire ship token in less then minute. The parser set ALL stats, essential, supplemental and weapons components including their facing. For facing the weapon name needs to be preceded by their place e.g. Dorsal Macro Battery
Other notable changes:
FULL CHANGE LOG FOR VERSION 8.1.1. . . . Features
- Added Psyker powers from: Rogue Trader Into the Storm, Black Crusade Tome of Fate, Death Watch Rites of Battle, Death Watch First Founding, Honour the Chapter, and Only War Beta
- Added Tyranid Psychic Powers from DW Core and Mark of the Xenos.
- Added Ship Components for Rogue trader from : Core, Into The Storm, Battlefleet Koronus and Hostile Acquisitions
- Damage & Repair button for ships (replaces the former repair button). Allows to set damage type per component
- Ship Critical button added to campaign panel
- Settings has a new tab: system settings, where the non-house rules but system influencing settings can be found.
- Grapple has been fully overhauled with states seperate macro, combat macro rebuild and all
. . . . Changes
- You can now select 'thought of the day' instead of the whole splashscreen in the settings.
- Added extra settings where you can preset the thought of the day
- Ship Repair is completely overhauled into Damage & Repair, where you can set exactly what is damaged
- Ship Critical campaign button is added
- Heavily updated Warp Travel macro. Added a lot of verbosity to see what the warp results are. Also added new components AND the macro now checks the ship for those components
- New material added: ALL Ship components for Rogue trader from : Core, Into The Storm, Battlefleet Koronus and Hostile Acquisitions
- Grapple has been fully overhauled with states seperate macro, combat macro rebuild and all
- Stat Parser added for RT ships.
- (BS): Overhaul of the Psychic System implementation.
- Overhaul of the macros used to process powers to match against current mechanics (Power Roll per DH, Navigator Power Action test per RT, and Focus Power test per RT, DW, BC, and OW). This is managed through the campaign Settings.
- Every token now has a Psychic Class field and a Navigator field. These are set through Edit Chars. Button on the Macros Management tab. For Psychic Class a character can be None, Astartes Librarian, Bound (Sanctioned), Unbound (Unsanctioned), or Daemonic. The Psychic Class coupled with the Psychic Mechanics being used, determines how Push, PP modifiers, and other relevant options are handled.
- There is a Use Psy Power button on the Macros Combat & Actions tab that will prompt for the power to use followed by the selection of various Psy Use options based on the system being used.
- There is a Psy Powers button on the Macros Management tab. This launches a window that operates like Manage My Weaspons and Manage My Armour. It initially displays a listing of all powers the character has. From here the user can Add a New Power from the Compendium, Edit an existing power, Add a New Custom Power, Delete a Power, or Use a power.
- Automated the following Talents & Traits in relation to the use of psychic powers: Warp Affinity (RT & DW), Warp Conduit (RT & DW), Warp Conduit (BC & OW version), Favoured by the Warp (RT, DW, BC, OW), Warp Lock (BC & OW), Sacrifice (RT, DW, BC, and OW), Invocation (refined current implementation to be available only if the skill is being used), Blasphemous Incantation (BC & OW), Corpus Conversion (BC & OW), Child of the Warp (BC), Tyranid Trait (take damave vs PP or Perils) and Soul-Bound trait (BC & OW). Note that Rite of Sanctioning was already implemented.
- Global modifiers (such as fatigue), skill modifiers (for focus power tests using skills), and Skill rank (for focus power tests using skills) were automated.
- Enhanced various options that can be selected when attempting to manifest a power (aka identifying the number of Sustained Powers and whether the user has the Talented talent in the skill being used… if Psyniscience or Awareness).
- Navigator Mastery of Navigator powers was added as a new field; this defaults to Novice but can be updated via Edit Power. The modifier for the power is automated during the Use Psychic Power.
- Only War Minor Manifestation powers can be added by selecting a power, clicking edit, changing the name, and selecting the Minor Manifestionat as its Discipline. You will also want to rewrite the effect. Note that the Focus Modifier is automatically set to +30 and Focus Time is set to half Action when the edited power is saved. In use the Minor Manifestation will not generate psychic phenomena or perils of the warp; the framework overrides any effects that may be generated.
- Corruption Powers (those that use Corruption as the Focus Test per BC) will have their specific Psychic Phenomena added to the outcome of PP or Perils when such is generated. Note that some Corruption powers cause additional Phenomena or Perils; those need to be generated by the GM with the Psychic Phenomena tables on the the Campaign panel. Further Corruption powers will not allow fettered usage.
- (DM): Powers were added from Rogue Trader Into the Storm, Black Crusade Tome of Fate, Death Watch Rites of Battle, Death Watch First Founding , Honour the Chapter, and Only War Beta.
- For all powers additional fields were added: Type (Psyker, Arcana, Astartes Lib, Navigator, etc.), Discipline (Minor, Major, Codex, Telepathy, etc.), Mastery (Novice, Adept, Master), and SubType (None, Attack, Concentration).
- BC & OW Psychic Phenomena and Perils of the Warp tables were added to the Framework. To use these tables, select the use BC & OW Psychic Phenomena option in Settings.
- Using the following system, all powers from DH were assigned a characteristic and modifier for use in the Focus Power test system and for all Focus Power powers (RT, DW, BC, and OW) a Threshold was applied.
Power Roll to focusMod:
- Threshold 5 = Test Mod +40
- Threshold 6 = Test Mod +20
- Threshold 7-8 = Test Mod +10
- Threshold 9 to 15 = Test Mod 0
- Threshold 16 to 22 = Test Mod -10
- Threshold 23 to 29 = Test Mod -20
- Threshold 30 to 35 = Test Mod -30
- Threshold 36 + = Test Mod -40
FocusMod to Threshold:
- Test Mod +40 = Threshold 5
- Test Mod +20 = Threshold 6
- Test Mod +10 = Threshold 7
- Test Mod 0 = Threshold 12
- Test Mod -10 = Threshold 18
- Test Mod -20 = Threshold 24
- Test Mod -30 = Threshold 30
- Test Mod -40 = Threshold 36
- Refactored the application of unnatural characteristic bonus to apply the appropriate bonus. For example, if using a power that uses Awareness or Psyniscience, then the power will apply the bonus if the character has Unnatural Perception (the base characteristic of those two skills). In addition, the psychic power usage will now allow cross over of DH & BC unnatural traits (mix and match) between tokens via conversion based on whether the BC & OW system is being used (additive Unnatural Characteristic Value) or DH\RT\DW system (multiplier… x2 for example).
- If using BC & OW Unnatural Characteristics, 1/2 of the value is added to DoS on a successful test for all focus power tests.
- If using DH\RT\DW Unnatural Characteristics, the multiplier is added to PR (which will also add an additional +5 per multiplier) and the multiplier is added as a modifier to DoS in an opposed test.
. . . . Fixes
- (BS): further refinement on calling states to minimize unnecessary messaging for new state and in some cases change in state (such as cover).
- (BS): Update to Initiative to display the two die rolls for Lightning Reflexes when using BC Talents.
- (BS): Enabled a setting that will allow players to use the Fatigue button (was previously GM Only).
- (BS): Added a GM Secret Roll to Test vs Characteristic, Use Skill, and Use Talent that will send only to the token owner and the GM. Note this will also allow the GM to make tests for NPC's without revealing those tests to the players.
- Added New tab to the settings for 'system rules'.
- (BS): added tables for BC & OW Psychic Phenomena and Perils tables. This is controlled through System rule settings under Psychic Power settings.
- (BS): added +1 DoF when using BC & OW Success Rules; this was missed in the original implementation of the BC rules. If a test roll fails, there is an automatic +1 DoF for any roll that is 9 points or less away from the target.
- Changed Archeotech field into Class fields (Repair and upgrade required)
- Further optimizations on both melee and ranged attacks, they're a bit faster now
- ALL campaign macro code has been moved to lib:DH and a macro call is left instead. This ensures that future updates will be available in the campaign macros as well. Also some campaign macro bugs are fixed that I encountered during this transition.
- ALL Melee attacks will now ignore Deflector shields.
- endState allows for 3rd argument: token and a 4th auxilary
- newState also allows for an auxilary argument
- setfatigue allows for 2nd argument being the token
- Regex parser: the following weapon qualities will now automatically be added: mono, poor, good and best.
- Regex parser: the following armour qualities will now automatically be added: poor, good and best.
- Regex parser: the primitive weapon group is now parsed correctly (is prim within the FW).
- New tokens dragged to map can now also set the token owner, the default will be the GM.
- Rewrote TitleCase function, works better and significantly faster
. . . . Excel
- Owner ship of the grenade X was set incorrectly (v 8.0.1)
- Skill adjustment penalties were not used when using the 'useSkill' macro.
- (BS): BC use of Lightning Reflexes was rolling twice for everyone regardless if the user had the talent or not as long as the BC Talents rule was checked. Now only rolls if you have the talent.
- Vehicle embarkation didn't properly convey a message when no tokens were near
- Fixed embarrassing bug in opposed test
- (BS): Fixed hide throwing formatting error with H.
- (BS): removed display of a state change with no content in the message.
- The dice roll links created for the psy power roll was unintentionally executed for all clients
- Melee Attacks with a primitive weapon resulted in an error
- Fixed inconsistencies with unnatural bonuses with the various settings (DH/RT or BC/DW rules)
- Fixed issue in set state macro.
- Fixed timeout issue with Manoeuvre for ships
- Fixed: quickSheet 0,1,2, fullsheet and clearCache so 'repair and update' is not aborted when applied to multiple tokens.
- fixed minor argument bug in clearCach()
- Fixed small parser bug in the skill stat parser
- Fixed bug where accurate pistol did extra d10 damage (only basic wpns do this)
- Fixed Speed conflict bug between ship and Torpedos
- Fixed Horde range above 40
- Fixed cache update for faith powers
- Removed couple of redundant debug pauses()
- Fixed lastRangeAttack issue for hordes (you got one penMod pop-up for new hordes)
- Fixed naming issue for suppress
- Fixed pointer for show brace angle
- Fixed macro error for 'Roll Init'
- Fixed macro error for 'Upgrade Armour'
- Added error check for ship manouvre (in case the pilot does not have the right skill)
- Added error check for loading ship weapons (when you do not have any weapon to load)
- (DM): Added Psyker powers from: Rogue Trader Into the Storm, Black Crusade Tome of Fate, Death Watch Rites of Battle, Death Watch First Founding , Honour the Chapter , and Only War Beta.
- (BS): various tweaks to skills, talents, and traits.
- (BS): renamed Navigator talent to Navigator Gene talent. This was generating a conflict with the property setting.
- (BS + DM): scrubbed psychic power effects to mesh with new approach.
- (BS): added Tyranid Psychic Powers from DW Core and Mark of the Xenos.
- Updated Ship Component and Weapon tables.
- Added ALL Components from RT Core, RT-Into The Storm, RT-Battlefleet Koronus, Lure of the Expanse and RT-Hostile Acquisitions
- Changed Archeotech field into Class field for components
- Added sorting column to all the major tabs (first column)
GETTING STARTED WITH MAPTOOLS - TUTORIALS, DOCS, VIDEOS, TOOLS, ETC
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II and onMouseOverEvent
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS