[Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.5.1

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.3.5

Post by wolph42 »

IceShade wrote:edit: Posted a bug report, but GM was being silly and loaded an older version. Removed for now, will update later.
ok

IceShade
Kobold

Post by IceShade »

wolph42 wrote:
IceShade wrote:edit: Posted a bug report, but GM was being silly and loaded an older version. Removed for now, will update later.
ok
updated

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

IceShade wrote:Hello! Once again, amazing work with the template.

I'm coming up against an error message when I attack with modified / grenade launcher grenades. Let me explain, as that is very vague.

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h, if(Grenade && !stop), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [if(roll = modifiedChar): hitMissText = " ("+DoS+" DoS) "]  [if(roll>modifiedChar), CODE:{  [DoF = floor((roll - mod 
When I throw a standard frag grenade, it works as normal. The throw marker comes up, and the grenade lands/scatters/damages etc.

When using the standard Auxillary Grenade Launcher: The grenade marker is placed on the map, I hit attack and it throws that error. It does the same thing when I 'make' my own grenade launcher.

In fact, I think if you add the Grenade special property to any weapon it will mess up. Somehow the standard grenades seem to work fine with this Grenade property, but anything else is unable to use it properly.

Tested with 8.3.3 and 8.3.5
thanks for the report. Will dig into it.

cjchris
Kobold

Post by cjchris »

Hi, I came across this the other day when using psychic powers. When using powers that require an opposed willpower test it comes up telling me such a test is needed but when I do the opposed test using the macro panel no damage output is calculated from the power. Ones I have tested are telekinetic crush and the lidless stare powers.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

cjchris wrote:Hi, I came across this the other day when using psychic powers. When using powers that require an opposed willpower test it comes up telling me such a test is needed but when I do the opposed test using the macro panel no damage output is calculated from the power. Ones I have tested are telekinetic crush and the lidless stare powers.
this is the rogue trader system, you referring at?? There are many settings, so which did you use?

cjchris
Kobold

Post by cjchris »

Sorry, yes rogue trader.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

cjchris wrote:Hi, I came across this the other day when using psychic powers. When using powers that require an opposed willpower test it comes up telling me such a test is needed but when I do the opposed test using the macro panel no damage output is calculated from the power. Ones I have tested are telekinetic crush and the lidless stare powers.
ah, its been so long I actually had no clue what you're talking about. Now I have. What you mention is a feature, not a bug. Opposed test macro is completely unrelated to the psy powers, its a seperate test. What you do when you succeed the opposed test is click on the link:
Screenshot 2014-09-01 21.33.57.png
Screenshot 2014-09-01 21.33.57.png (36.18 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
in the pic its: 1d10+EPR and then the result is shown. That result also needs to be applied manually (using the damage button) to the target!!
If you fail the opposed check, you simply do not admit the damage to the target!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.3.6

Post by wolph42 »

NEW VERSION:

8.3.6 (01-Sep-14)(B)
(lib:DH need to be replaced)
. . . . Changes
  • - updated the bag of tricks to version 37g.
. . . . Fixes
  • - fixed issue with grenade launcher.

kanki
Kobold

Post by kanki »

I'm really new to the whole framework business in Maptools and I've only used the Warhammer Fantasy one and some really really simple d10 macros for WoD. I'm gonna run a Dark Heresy 2nd edition campaign and I'm trying to use your 40k FW with the BC/OW rules. When I add the BC/OW skills/custom rules from the settings I can't manage the skills on my tokens. And I get the following error:
Spoiler
Since I haven't found any recent documentation on troubleshooting your framework, can you give me some input on what could be the problem?
Last edited by aliasmask on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image link

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ah so that bug is bugging my framework too. Its a maptool bug due to stylesheets that was laid bare with the introduction with java 8.
Could you give me a description of where exactly it goes wrong (step by step). Preferably also upload your current framework (or link it through dropbox or such) and can you also give me a copy paste of the 'debug information' you can find that under the menu 'help'. Its a bit much but would help me a lot. Thank you!!

as for you now, you have 3 options:
1. try debuggin it yourself
2. uninstall j8 and install j7 (though I think you can have j7 and j8 both installed)
3. wait for me to fix this.

kanki
Kobold

Post by kanki »

Ok so in more detail I start by accessing the 'Settings' menu in the 'Utils' section and selecting everything from the Black Crusade/Only War Rules tab, and also the skills, talents, weapons, armor from Only War, Black Crusade, Deathwatch and Rogue Trader. I'm using the 8.3.6 version and I'm not sure what you meant with _my_ framework, but I'll give you a link to a copy of your framework's campaign file I've saved with it's own name (http://bit.ly/1zgTuHc - click the download icon above the file list, it should only download the campaign file).

After it's done uploading the new rules I get a stack overflow error. I have already set up the max mem to 1024, min 64 and stack size to 3, though I am running a 64-bit version of Java, if that has anything to do with it. At this time though the first time I chose skills for my NPC the skills were added to the list and the menu worked normally. After that, trying to access the same menu again I gotthe error (pictured in my earlier post) and a blank screen instead of a list of skills. Here is the debug information:
Spoiler
==== MapTool Information ====
MapTool Version: 1.3.b91
MapTool Home...: C:\Users\Aleksi\.maptool
Max mem avail..: 1 820M
Max mem used...: 1 509M

==== Java Information ====
Java Vendor.: Oracle Corporation
Java Home...: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25
Java Version: 1.8.0_25
Result of executing 'java -version':
............: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_25-b18)
............: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.25-b02, mixed mode)

==== OS Information ====
OS Name........: Windows 7
OS Version.....: 6.1
OS Architecture: amd64
PATH...........: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_25\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Web Platform Installer\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET Web Pages\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Backburner\;.
Number of Procs: 4
I didn't include the rest of the info, which were network and display related, since I didn't think they were important or should be shown to everyone. I hope this helps and I'll try your options, except the first. I'm not that code savvy. :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.3.6/7

Post by wolph42 »

There is a bug in maptool that is exposed when using java 8. This concerns stylesheets. To fix this I had to limit the styles in the style sheets which meant that the colors indicating the different systems (for deathwatch, only war and black crusade) are no longer there. However the alternative is that skill, talents, powers, etc. selection sheets no longer work...

Thus
IF (and only IF) you are using java 8, download this version instead. Its less pretty as I had to diminish the stylesheets due to a bug in maptool in combination with java 8. Else use version 8.3.6 !!! (there really is no difference between the two, except that 6 is more pretty and 7 runs with java 8)
W40K-RPG_FW_Wolph42 v8.3.7 JAVA 8 FIX.cmpgn (compatible with MTb91)

@Kanki: thanks for the input. Its now fixed. Unfortunately at the cost of some styles... You can still choose to use J7 and version 8.3.6
Ah and the stack issue: raise the stack to 4. With x64 it takes more memory, if it still bugs you then go to 5, if it still does not work at stack 6 let me know.

kanki
Kobold

Post by kanki »

Thanks for such a fast troubleshoot! 40k combat can get a bit convoluted when calculating all the penalties and bonuses so this helps to speed the play up a lot, so thanks for the awesome framework. Any chance of seeing 2nd edition Dark Heresy rules added to the FW?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

kanki wrote:Thanks for such a fast troubleshoot! 40k combat can get a bit convoluted when calculating all the penalties and bonuses so this helps to speed the play up a lot, so thanks for the awesome framework. Any chance of seeing 2nd edition Dark Heresy rules added to the FW?
well I said I will, but I first need to find the time. Note though that a lot of OW rules *are* DH2 so if you turn those on, your 90% there.

MafiaPUppet
Cave Troll

Post by MafiaPUppet »

Creating custom weapons hangs the game upon trying to recompile the library.

Creating custom armor doesn't work. There is no LegP and ArmP in the json it creates, and the limb values are all 0/1 instead of the Armour value.

I fixed the armour generation myself, but I don't know what needs to change with the weapons.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”