[Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.5.1

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
ribblle
Kobold

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.4.0

Post by ribblle »

Cool beans mate, that's it! :D

perpetual
Kobold

Post by perpetual »

I want to implement a (somewhat modified) version of WFRP 2e using your excellent 40k framework. It seems like a number of aspects would not be too hard to implement, and many features are similar.

I was wondering if you had any opinion / insight into the idea. I wouldn’t release anything unless you were cool with that and it was polished.

You also mentioned in a thread on here that you personally played a heavily modified version of WFRP. I was wondering if you ever released or summarized the changes? You seem to have a lot of experience with these RPG’s and I would value your thoughts and opinions.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

1. adapting my framework for a different system: I'm cool with it as long as you credit the people involved (that's thus not just me)
2. opinion...: it probly will be a LOT of work!!
3. My 'heavily adopted version' was actually based on the W40k rules as I've always seen those as the logical 3rd WFRP ed. Hence I mostly used the current campaign but with some WFRP material in place (like weapons). I've never documented that, I might have one version lying around, but I doubt it would do you much good as its based on a heavily outdated version of the current FW.

edit: here some links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5b3m66eas731 ... cmpgn?dl=0
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/905 ... ject.cmpgn
https://www.dropbox.com/s/al9ryui9fxfa6 ... cmpgn?dl=0

perpetual
Kobold

Post by perpetual »

Thanks for the links, that map campaign is especially interesting.

Spent some time looking through the code in the latest version and trying to implement WFRP stuff. That excel sheet is really handy!

Its interesting to look at how WFRP 2e and 40K do things differently, I'll let you know if I produce a worthwhile modification!

ribblle
Kobold

Post by ribblle »

One of my NPC's bugs out when i attack. He has a yellow arrow pointing right on his token, and when i click attack on his weapons i get:

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h       Statement Body : me = getName(token)

Also, where are mechandrites and MIU's located? Finally, and i'm not sure if you can help here but no one can connect to my server.

ribblle
Kobold

Post by ribblle »

Nothing doing. All the other tokens are fine.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Ok there should also be a repair token or something in the campaign menu iRc if that fails, share the campaign file here with e.g. Dropbox and ill have a look

ribblle
Kobold

Post by ribblle »

I can't find a repair token in the campaign menu. Here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/npostpv443oba ... cmpgn?dl=0

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ribblle wrote:I can't find a repair token in the campaign menu. Here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/npostpv443oba ... cmpgn?dl=0
some instructions would be nice... (like which token, which map, what did you do etc.)

edit
nvm found it. I knew it was something with the name and I was surprised diagnose didn't pick it up. Anyhoo, the token name has a trailing space: " " at the end. Remove it and then run 'repair and upgrade' (its really there in your campaign panel, so look harder). To be sure close the token menu (the one with the weapon attacks) and reopen it from the campaign panel.
I got it working.

Now ill start checking diagnose to see if it can handle this issue as well.

edit2: sigh... that means i have to update this:

Code: Select all

<!-- check the remaining tokens for any illegal character -->
        [h:regResult    = strfind(tokListC,"[^,]*([^,\\w\\s.\\-_]+)[^,]*")]
        [h:numWrong        = min(1000,getFindCount(regResult))]
        [h,if(numWrong), CODE:{
            [count(numWrong): hasWrongTokName = json.append(hasWrongTokName, getGroup(regResult, roll.count+1,0))]
        ''
        }]

ribblle
Kobold

Post by ribblle »

Thanks! :D

ribblle
Kobold

Post by ribblle »

I can't select dead tokens. What am i missing?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Dead npcs are moved to the object layer

btw, I've updated the diagnose macro in the BoT. Remove the ontokenmove token and download the new one here: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16066 (just the rptok file not the entire campaign) and drag and drop it.

TheHobbler
Kobold

Post by TheHobbler »

Quick question, I take it the Dark Heresy supported is the first edition. How goes 2nd edition implementation, and is there anything I can do to help that along? I have hard copies of the books but would love to use this framework for 2e games.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”