[Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.5.1

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Felis
Kobold

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.1.2

Post by Felis »

I really appreciate this :)

lavabeast
Cave Troll

Post by lavabeast »

how does healing work, for deathwatch with the apothecary and his eq. is there a macro in the works? also i notice that when in armour the strength space marines don't get +20 added just the bonus is this wrong?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lavabeast wrote:how does healing work, for deathwatch with the apothecary and his eq. is there a macro in the works? also i notice that when in armour the strength space marines don't get +20 added just the bonus is this wrong?
Hi, the Deathwatch part of the framework is done by BTS, not me and I also do not have very intimate knowledge of the DW rule system and hence can't answer your question. BTS is on hiatus due to RL currently, I can email him and maybe he can find the time to answer your question. In all I think it will be a while before any updates on this framework will pop-up, save an occasional bug fix.

lavabeast
Cave Troll

Post by lavabeast »

i hate to do this to you again there are a few more bugs, notice on force weapons the pr is not being added to pen, the error that keeps coming up is invalid path, some of the librarian powers are what appears to be hard coded in?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Don't worry about it. The whole reason its on this forum is so I can get some feedback either positive or negative from others. And bug information is the best!

lavabeast
Cave Troll

Post by lavabeast »

who do i remove a token that has the dead state on it?

Felis
Kobold

Post by Felis »

Its moved to the... object or background layer. Just switch to that (or the other) to remove it.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lavabeast wrote:i hate to do this to you again there are a few more bugs, notice on force weapons the pr is not being added to pen, the error that keeps coming up is invalid path, some of the librarian powers are what appears to be hard coded in?
lavabeast wrote:how does healing work, for deathwatch with the apothecary and his eq. is there a macro in the works? also i notice that when in armour the strength space marines don't get +20 added just the bonus is this wrong?
Hi Lavabeast,

it seems that BTS is caught up in RL so its on me. However I have very little knowledge of both the DW system and that part of the framework, hence a couple of questions:
- 'apothecary': there is a general healing macro already for all characters, can you elaborate on what this healing type should do?
- '+20 S': can you elaborate on this? Do I get it correctly that when they put on power armour that the +20 is not added. Should the +20 always be added? Do you have an example token which shows this?
- 'PR not added': do you have a prepared token for me that shows that this is not working (upload it with your answer)
- 'invalid path': these are usually tricky to recreate when debuggin, so I will need again a token or an entire campaign file with a step by step description of how to recreate it, it can be very subtle and seemingly unrelated settings that trigger this which makes it nigh impossible to debug this out of the blue
- 'power hard coded in': AFAIK no single power is hard-coded in, can you give an example which I can check

lavabeast
Cave Troll

Post by lavabeast »

i can put the server up and you can join me and my friend and see what we are talking about. If you like.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

Just started playing some Deathwatch recently (absolutely dig the Black Templars). I can help answer a few of the questions, as far as the actual rules go. Power Armor grants a +20 bonus to the Strength Attribute whenever its worn, but this bonus is calculated -after- the Unnatural Strength modifiers.

Example: Strength of 50 would have a Mod of 5. After Unnatural Strength, the Mod would be 10. The suit would increase the Strength 50 to 70, yielding a mod of 7, and after Unnatural strength, a mod of 12 (since the +20 from the suit does not increase the benefit from Unnatural Strength).

If any of this is updated in errata, then I'm clueless - just using the corebook.

Secondly, I believe the Apothecary add 1d5 extra healing to their medicae tests when performing 'First Aid.' I assume that is what's being asked about.

On a separate note, just wanted to say thanks for the framework Wolph - the attention to detail is insanely appreciated.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Xaelvaen wrote:Just started playing some Deathwatch recently (absolutely dig the Black Templars). I can help answer a few of the questions, as far as the actual rules go. Power Armor grants a +20 bonus to the Strength Attribute whenever its worn, but this bonus is calculated -after- the Unnatural Strength modifiers.

Example: Strength of 50 would have a Mod of 5. After Unnatural Strength, the Mod would be 10. The suit would increase the Strength 50 to 70, yielding a mod of 7, and after Unnatural strength, a mod of 12 (since the +20 from the suit does not increase the benefit from Unnatural Strength).

If any of this is updated in errata, then I'm clueless - just using the corebook.

Secondly, I believe the Apothecary add 1d5 extra healing to their medicae tests when performing 'First Aid.' I assume that is what's being asked about.

On a separate note, just wanted to say thanks for the framework Wolph - the attention to detail is insanely appreciated.
thanks!

@lavabeast, thnx for the offer to join on your server, but my time is extremely limited atm and I think were also in different timezones. mine is CET.

lavabeast
Cave Troll

Post by lavabeast »

i will get the whole list and post the reply on tuesday

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”