[Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.5.1

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
GECorser
Kobold

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.2.2

Post by GECorser »

I get an error when downloading from your website, "File not found". Reupload?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.2.2

Post by wolph42 »

in case people were wondering: the files were off-line for a day. Reason: frak-up with dropbox. All has been fixed and the files are available again.

edit:
(ha, ninja'd by new user)
GECorser wrote:I get an error when downloading from your website, "File not found". Reupload?
links have thus been fixed. Try again.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.2.4

Post by wolph42 »

- Fixed force quality in weapons
- Fixed several issues concerning 'replacestatacronyms'
- Fixed bug with special damage (e.g. power fist and force weapons)
- Fixed bug in the ongoing fire state calculation also added a tooltip
- Added 1 level of fatigue for ongoing fire as is RAW

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

I've appeared from nowhere to ask if anyone has a Only War customization of this framework they'd be willing to give out. The reason I ask is a group of friends and I have recently started an Only War game, and we'd love to use this framework but the differences between RT/DH and Only War are quite numerous in places. If not then that's okay too, just looking to save us some wasted effort in making the changes ourselves if someone has already taken the trouble.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Gilson wrote:I've appeared from nowhere to ask if anyone has a Only War customization of this framework they'd be willing to give out. The reason I ask is a group of friends and I have recently started an Only War game, and we'd love to use this framework but the differences between RT/DH and Only War are quite numerous in places. If not then that's okay too, just looking to save us some wasted effort in making the changes ourselves if someone has already taken the trouble.
the 'OW' in the title stands for 'Only War' I would like to write it in full, but the length is limited. In other words: this framework supports ALL w40K systems. BUT you do have to set the correct rulesystem in the settings. Another 'but' is that upto now we haven't given OW much attention and mainly cross-reffed it with Black Crusade. Most rules (if not all) are the same between these two. There are however a couple of things like vehicles and the 'buddy' thing that is not yet implemented.

If you like to implement further changes to reflect the OW system, then let me know and I'll invite you to our dev team.

edit: btw, what on earth gave you the idea that this FW only supports DH and RT ? Its not in the title, nor in the OP als if you open the FW you get a splashscreen that clearly states the support of all systems and if you look at the initial map you see space marines (indicating at least also DW support). So what gave you the idea that this FW is limited to DH and RT only?

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

Oh wow, I completely missed the Dark Crusade / Only War tab in the settings... Like five times. I'm feeling a bit of a idiot now. Thanks for the wonderful framework regardless, and if we add add/change anything with Only War our end, I'll let you know, as it stands we've done away with the Comrade buddy system for ease of use.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Gilson wrote:Oh wow, I completely missed the Dark Crusade / Only War tab in the settings... Like five times. I'm feeling a bit of a idiot now. Thanks for the wonderful framework regardless, and if we add add/change anything with Only War our end, I'll let you know, as it stands we've done away with the Comrade buddy system for ease of use.
ok.

Im still curious though: what gave you the idea in the first place that its DH/RT only ?

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

Misreading, I was trying to get everything to work at like 2-3am after a long day.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Gilson wrote:Misreading, I was trying to get everything to work at like 2-3am after a long day.
check. ok. It helps me in getting the message clear if there is anything unclear, hence the question.

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

Noticed something while going through the framework, the Only War skill "Athletics" is in the library file, but inside the framework isn't recognised. It isn't anything major or breaking to play in any meaningful way, just noticed it. In the same vain, if you've added things to the library, do you need to do anything special to make the additions show up in the framework, or will they be read automatically next time the campaign file is loaded?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Gilson wrote:Noticed something while going through the framework, the Only War skill "Athletics" is in the library file, but inside the framework isn't recognised. It isn't anything major or breaking to play in any meaningful way, just noticed it. In the same vain, if you've added things to the library, do you need to do anything special to make the additions show up in the framework, or will they be read automatically next time the campaign file is loaded?
what exactly do you mean with 'isn't regocnised'? do you mean that it does not show up in the 'select skills' form? Cause i think you'll need to set that in the settings, last tab.
As for adding... depends how you add it, you mean through the xls sheet or do you mean through the library macro or do you mean through the token macro ?
The first is the most robust but if you miss it its better if I have a look to see where it is and add it to the core FW. But first check whether its not just a settings thing.

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

Yeah, it's not showing up on the show skills form, despite being in the xls sheet, I checked the last tab's settings, and made sure that's not the problem. Also, yeah I'm adding through the xls sheet because it seemed to make the most sense.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Gilson wrote:Yeah, it's not showing up on the show skills form, despite being in the xls sheet, I checked the last tab's settings, and made sure that's not the problem. Also, yeah I'm adding through the xls sheet because it seemed to make the most sense.
well I just checked and it shows, so it seems you *are* forgetting something. Note that in the settings you *do* need to check the blue line (on the last tab) did you do that? Cause I did and athletics shows up in the list.

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

The blue option in the last tab is ticked and everything else is showing up, just not Athletics.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”