[Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.5.1

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
theblackalchemist
Kobold

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.4.0

Post by theblackalchemist »

Thanks for the upload and the tip for weapons wolph!

Another quick question..have you explained "cover" mechanics anywhere? I seem to be not able to find it, but then again I might have missed the obvious.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

quite possible that i didn't. but you select the token. hit the cover button. set the type of cover and the locations it covers. when shot at it automatically reduces cover if that location is hit. if the token moves away you need to manually remove the cover with the same cover macro.

theblackalchemist
Kobold

Post by theblackalchemist »

wolph42 wrote:quite possible that i didn't. but you select the token. hit the cover button. set the type of cover and the locations it covers. when shot at it automatically reduces cover if that location is hit. if the token moves away you need to manually remove the cover with the same cover macro.
Ah, so the cover is attached to the player token and not an object token. Gotcha.

ARTillery
Kobold

Post by ARTillery »

thank you for your work, I'm very new to this so excuse me if i missed anything.

I'm following the youtube tutorial, created a character using malleus.dk website as a test, here is the info

Code: Select all

Saloninus Bernotas
WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel
23 28 25 31 27 32 24 41 24
Wounds: 11
Corruption Points: 0
Insanity Points: 0
Psy Rating: 
Fate Points: 2
Psychic Powers: 
Skills: Common Lore (Adeptus Arbites, Imperium), Inquiry, Literacy, Scrutiny, Speak Language (Hive Dialect, Low Gothic).
Talents: Basic Weapon Training (Primitive, SP), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive), Pistol Training (Las), Quick Draw, Sound Constitution.
Traits: Accustomed to Crowds, Caves of Steel, Hivebound, Wary.
Armour: Chain Coat (Body 3, Arms 3, Legs 3, Head 0).
Weapons: Club (Melee; 1d10+3 I; Pen 0), Shotgun (Basic; 30m; S/-/-; 1d10+4 I; Pen 0; Reload 2 Full; Clip 2; Reliable, Scatter), Knife (Melee; 3m; S/-/-; 1d5+3 R; Pen 0; Clip 1; Thrown).
Gear: n.a.
now when i paste the info into the parser i get this message
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2 error executing expression lookingFor = substring(notFound, length(notFound)-4, length(notFound)-1).

this message appear after the armour is loaded. thanks for help

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.4.3

Post by wolph42 »

ok fixed. That was a genuine bug, that for some reason *did* spawn an error, but was completely ignored by MT on my end. It just continued, so I never saw it.

You can download the new campaign file, save the lib:DH token. Then in your campaign, remove lib:DH and drag the new one in.
(or just use the new campaign file, whatever suits you)

Thank you for reporting!

Rm33077
Kobold

Post by Rm33077 »

Hi Worlph,

Could you upload again your FW? When I try to download it, I have a Dropbox Error 404...

Thank you in advance

Rm33077
Kobold

Post by Rm33077 »

Perfect! You are the boss :D

TheNewCecilo
Kobold

Post by TheNewCecilo »

My apologies sir, I have been enjoying your framework quite a bit, but I have been having problems with several of the macros in the RTWar module, I keep getting these messages and I do not know why, any help you can provide would be great.

Unknown macro "Show Range@lib:RTWar".
Unknown macro "armyInfoPanel@lib:RTWar".
Unknown macro "Show suppress angle@lib:RTWar".
Unknown macro "PDamage@lib:RTWar".
Unknown macro "commitOrders@lib:RTWar".
Unknown macro "combat@lib:RTWar".

I have not come across anything else like this up until now, I do have enough memory (2 Gigs allowed, and 5 Mb to stack), and I havent had much in the way of problems besides this.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Hi,

yes...I started this project and was quite well on the way when i realized I was never gonna use it...go figure. hence i abandoned it with the idea that maybe I pick it up sometime. I never did. So the errors you're getting are references to macro that I've simply never build. Its a bit confusing though to leave it there for users like you, but on the other hand I poored quite some time in it to get it as far as it is to simply throw everything away. So here we are...

edit: I did create the info panel though, just named it wrong in the macro panel. I fixed that one, so that macro will work.

TheNewCecilo
Kobold

Post by TheNewCecilo »

Ah, No worries, I was just going nuts, figuring I had frakked up something on my end.

The Framework is a joy to use otherwise, and I really do appreciate you having made it in the first place.

Thanks again, and for the quick response.

theunforgiving
Kobold

Post by theunforgiving »

I am absolutely blown away by this framework. It does...well, everything (or just about) that you would need to run a 40k RPG and puts the other MT Frameworks I've used to absolute shame. Seriously, this is some quality work you've put in.

However, I've got a bunch of homebrew content I'm looking to add and I find myself stymied by the near-impenetrable level of complexity this degree of comprehensive automation necessitates. I keep getting bogged down in trying to trace the macro calls as I work out what I need to read and hook into/modify to get it all implemented. Do you have any documentation written up I could use as reference material? Failing that, do you have any tips to help me more easily understand and modify the code you've written?

If it helps you narrow things down, this is the stuff I'm looking to add:
Spoiler
[*] New Talents and Traits
[*] New Psychic Powers list
[*] Shadowrun-style Drain mechanic: After using a psychic power, the psyker takes Fatigue damage based on the Difficulty of the Focus Power test; this damage is reduced by a Willpower test made as a Free Action.
[*] Star Wars d20 Saga Edition-style Condition Track: Taking damage equal to or in excess of your Toughness Bonus applies cumulative penalties to tests.
[*] New weapons and weapon groups
[*] New armor and armor groups
[*] New weapon upgrades and special qualities
[*] Special qualities and upgrades for armor
[*] New vehicles and starships
[*] Alternate RT starship construction rule: instead of discrete weapon slots, each part of the ship (port, starboard, prow, etc.) has its own allotment of Space that can be used to mount weapons (which would be given a Space cost like other starship components).
Unrelated: I've run into an odd quirk regarding the Space Marine option of the "Roll Stats for Token" macro. After using this macro on a token to make it a Space Marine, attempting to modify the Marine's weapon loadout results in multiple text field popups appearing that each ask for the value of the "numHands" variable. I think it's asking me to set the handedness (mounted, one-handed, two-handed) for each weapon on the Marine's person, however the popup doesn't note which weapon I'm being asked to modify. This only occurs when the token has been flagged as a Space Marine by the Roll Stats macro, though. If I set up a token manually or with the parser, these popups don't appear.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

hi, i don't have much time currently but most stuff you mention is easy to implement and is done through the excel, I have this documentend but its been 2 years since I've really worked on this so...a bit stale in my head. First I would check out the excel file to see whether it contains documentation.

New rules and 'specials': that might be tricky but I might be able to help you out by pointing in the right direction.
ship update: that might actually be horrendous to do. I've created this on my peak of MT macro comprehension and did some really advanced stuff that keeps me scratching my head everytime I look back at it. Nonetheless I should be able to point you in the right direction.

The space marine issue sounds like a bug, so if you can give me a detailed description of the process to reproduce the issue I'll check it out.

o and additionally I can give you acces to the onenote DEV docs. the too are no longer in use as the dev team disbanded over time but at least there is a tutorial section with a LOT of information concerning the framework. Send me a pm with (IRC a windows) email address.

theunforgiving
Kobold

Post by theunforgiving »

wolph42 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:51 am
I've created this on my peak of MT macro comprehension and did some really advanced stuff that keeps me scratching my head everytime I look back at it.
Yeah, I'll say. I don't envy anyone who has to maintain code or script in a language that doesn't really support comments or have a good IDE.

Unfortunately, the Excel sheet doesn't seem to have the documentation. I've sent you the PM with my email as requested.

As for the Space Marine issue, it happened as follows:
  1. Import a map containing a few plain .png tokens (exported from an unplanned one-off DW session the night before)
  2. Manually set up a token by changing it to a Character in its config tab
  3. Assign the token's stats, skills, talents, traits, gear, etc. using the Token Macro Frame
  4. Use the "Roll Stats for Token > Space Marine" macro on the token; this resets the token's gear, talents, traits, and skills to the default for any Space Marine under the DW rules.
  5. In the Token Macro Frame, click the "Weapons" Macro to add back the weapons that were removed by the reset. Clicking this macro is what spawns the numHands popups.
  6. After entering values for numHands, the "Choose Weapons" window functions normally.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”