[Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.5.1

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: [Dark Heresy-RT-Deathwatch-BC-OW] W40K-RPG_FW v8.2.4

Post by wolph42 »

ok I:
  • opened the online version of the framework
  • ran the settings
  • ticked the blue box
  • ok, ok
  • select nihilus faine
  • goto management tab
  • click skills
    Untitled picture.png
    Untitled picture.png (87 KiB) Viewed 1315 times
I really can't make any more of it. So what did you do different then the above steps?

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

No idea what I did before, but I redownloaded the framework and ran through that check-list and it's now showing up. Thanks for your help, and your patients dealing with my tardness. Much love.

BTS1967
Cave Troll

Post by BTS1967 »

Hi Gilson, I am the one who did most of the BC implementation. I did a mapping to the OW Beta but have not repeated the effort with the OW standard release; BC rules are the baseline that OW was created from... the beta was a near exact duplicate of BC. I can tell you though from reading the OW rules here are a couple differences that will be addressed sometime in the coming months (time has been limited of late for me).
- comrades (not an issue for you though)
- adding Indirect, Ogryn-proof, and Corrosive qualities (though corrosive may be a bear to implement)
- vehicle differences (the FW as it stands now covers most of the rules in OW but there are some new variations such as Damage conditions)
- data entry (lot to upload there)

One other difference between BC and OW is Twin-linked; they reverted the rule back to the DH\RT\DW way of how twin-linked weapons are handled. Just leave Twin-linked unchecked and you will be good to go.

Cheers!
BTS

Gilson
Kobold

Post by Gilson »

Awesome, thanks :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Just so you know:

During testing I've encountered a stack overflow while using psychic power with a stack of 2. Apparently to use the psy attacks the stack must be raised to 3. I might look into this later to see if it can be
lowered.

THEGOBBLER
Kobold

Post by THEGOBBLER »

Hello!

Possible bug report for 8.2.4.

When using the token parser, it seems that any unnatural characteristic as well as the multiple arms trait adds 10 to the value inputted so long as it is below 10 e.g. unnatural agility (4) will become (14), 7 will become 17 etc. When the value hits 10 it reverts to normal.

I am using BC/OW unnatural characteristics rules (both for tests and levels) and all of the packs minus the Deathwatch stuff. The conversion value for unnatural characteristics doesn't seem to affect how much/little is added when I import using the parser.

As an aside, my group has been using the template for over a year and are very happy with it. Thanks to all chaps who contributed and continue to do so.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

THEGOBBLER wrote:Hello!

Possible bug report for 8.2.4.

When using the token parser, it seems that any unnatural characteristic as well as the multiple arms trait adds 10 to the value inputted so long as it is below 10 e.g. unnatural agility (4) will become (14), 7 will become 17 etc. When the value hits 10 it reverts to normal.

I am using BC/OW unnatural characteristics rules (both for tests and levels) and all of the packs minus the Deathwatch stuff. The conversion value for unnatural characteristics doesn't seem to affect how much/little is added when I import using the parser.

As an aside, my group has been using the template for over a year and are very happy with it. Thanks to all chaps who contributed and continue to do so.
Thanks for the report and the kind words. I'll have a look at it!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

TO ALL W40K GM's OUT THERE !!

I hope you actually read (and answer) this forum once in a while and can answer us (me and BTS) the following question: IF a player is attacked AND she may dodge WHAT should the message convey. I've started a poll here check that one and we also would appreciate it if you could leave some comment here (and if you do what your type of play is: face to face (F2F) or over the internet/peer to peer (P2P)

dharkus
Kobold

new token poup gone

Post by dharkus »

Hey - I've recently started using this framework and it works great - there's just one thing I can't work out
When you drag and drop a picture (e.g. .bmp) it usually asks what kind of token it is (NPC or PC, character, ship etc) and then upon clicking on the token the macro frame contains all the macros. Ocasionally though it stops doing this for a while, I have managed to manually add the macro set to a token before (but I can't remember how), I seem to recall a setting somewhere that tells the framework to always show the popup box when you create a token but can't remember where the setting is (checked the settings and MT preferences). Could you please tell me either how to tell the framework to show the popup again, or manually add the macros to the token or both

Thanks

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

it only works when the macro panel (where the token macros are) is open. To open that panel you'll need to hit the big black macro button on top of the campaign panel.

dharkus
Kobold

Post by dharkus »

unfortunately that's not the case - I always have the macro frame open (the black button at the top and bottom of the campaign frame open this)
Here's a link to a screenshot to show this https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wzodzhvkcuzh ... %20map.bmp

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

dharkus wrote:unfortunately that's not the case - I always have the macro frame open (the black button at the top and bottom of the campaign frame open this)
Here's a link to a screenshot to show this https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wzodzhvkcuzh ... %20map.bmp
ah, in that case its also possible that the token is 'broken' use the 'repair and update' button on the campaign panel. the point is is that I use 'onchangeselection' on that macro panel, so a macro runs every time you select a new token (which is why the panel shows different macros per token). IF however one token is broken THEN that macro is no longer called for all the tokens that you select afterwards. To fix this you need to repair and update the token and (maybe) run the big black button once again.

Just to be sure (although I don't think thats the case): im not talking about the stuff from the 'bag of tricks' nor the 'big black button' attached to that. Im solely talking about the token macros

dharkus
Kobold

Post by dharkus »

I've tried that - upon clicking the repair and upgrade button, I'm asked 3 times for Value For DHFWVersion (to which I respond v8.2.4), then for the Value For Weapons (no idea what to respond, so i clicked ok with the default value being 0), then I'm then asked for Value For DHFWVersion again (same response), nothing appears to change, I clicked the Token Macro Frame Button and nothing changes also

on a side note do we know when MT will properly support Java 7? and also therefore when will this FW also support it? oracle have stopped supporting j6 and have stopped updating it, latest and last build of j6 is build 43

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

If it asks for the version then one of the following is with the token:
1 it's REALLY old in which case it won't work
2 somehow it's property set got changes (so its NOT a character, horde or vehicle)
3 it's corrupt

Try the following:
Close The macro frame
Drag new token onto map
Run the big black button
Select the token.

(the last step might not be necessary )

This should cause the popup. If it doesn't then send me you current campaign file and I'll have a look.

Edit:the dhfwversion is stored onto the token the moment you drag it onto the map. This is used by repair and update to know what to update.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

[quote="dharkus"
dharkus wrote:I've just tried the same with the dragon token (and the popup appeared) - then tried with the Esha Raine pic again and it didn't work again - I've attached it, I've just tried to drag on a pic that previously worked and it didn't work again. I copied the pics into the folder that I use for the resource library and restarted, then dragged the pic from the library window and it didn't work
if the above is unclear - worked = popup appeared; didn't work = popup didn't appear
I've linked the Esha Raine pic
btw my mt.cfg file contains the following:
MAXMEM=2048
MINMEM=64
STACKSIZE=8
JVM=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw
PROMPT=true

perhaps the maxmem is too high?

This is almost my first time GMing DH, I GM'd in person before, the 3rd Haarlock's legacy scenario, over a year ago, but it's my 1st time GMing with MT, I'd much appreciate the maps if you wouldn't mind
[/quote]

Ok I figured it out. You have a special character in the name. In this case a comma: ','. I thought I mentioned this somewhere but I can't find it anymore: do NOT use ANY special characters (that is anything else then alphanumeric) in a tokens name or bad things happen.

In this particular case I check whether you have multiple tokens selected and if you do then the init token is not run. IF you have multiple tokens selected then the 'getSelectedNames()' function returns a csv list (comma seperated values). While you use a comma, the macro thinks that two tokens have been selected... and thus does not run.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”