RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:05 pm 

Forum rules

This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Kobold

Post subject: Rumble's framework - Attack/damage macro question
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:23 pm 
Hello, I'm currently trying out Rumble's framework for my face to face games. My players like to roll the dice, and I like to automate my monsters' attack. The only customization available is a global option to have everyone (including monsters) roll a d20 and have the framework add the necessary bonus. Is there a way to set specific tokens (like the PC tokens) to declare their own attack and damage and I could just type it in. Thanks.

User avatar  Offline
Dragon

Post subject: Re: Attack/damage macro
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:43 pm 
I honestly don't understand your players... there's absolutely no difference from typing [1d20+6] and [1d8+4] for attack and damage and using the macro's. The only thing they're doing is slowing down the game by doing that.

Kobold

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:57 pm 
Oh, they understand there isn't a difference between rolling a die and pushing a button, and I'm sure I would lean toward their inclination if I was only running 1 monster at a time. However, letting it automate the rolls of players that are present takes some of the tactile nature out of the game. Its termed a paper-and-pencil game after all :)

Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:57 pm 
I have never used Rumbles FW, but normally there are macros that handle damage and adding states/effects. You may want to ask in the subforum for Rumbles FW.

Kobold

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:07 pm 
Oh my, I didn't realize there was a subforum for this. Thanks, I'll direct my question that way once I find it. *shuffling sounds*

User avatar  Offline
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:43 pm 
Just moved it to General > User Creations > Campaign Frameworks. I don't think Rumble's framework has it's own sub-sub-subform. ;)

User avatar  Offline
Giant

Post subject: Re: Rumble's framework - Attack/damage macro question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:33 pm 
RaineAndrews wrote:
Hello, I'm currently trying out Rumble's framework for my face to face games. My players like to roll the dice, and I like to automate my monsters' attack. The only customization available is a global option to have everyone (including monsters) roll a d20 and have the framework add the necessary bonus. Is there a way to set specific tokens (like the PC tokens) to declare their own attack and damage and I could just type it in. Thanks.

Yes there is a per-token over ride (assuming you are using his 4E Framework, Version 5). Click the Management macro, then click the Edit Character link, There are options for both attacks and damage.
Attachment:
ManualOverride.png
ManualOverride.png [ 68.85 KiB | Viewed 1727 times ]

Hope this helps.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]