Campaign Framework for HARP

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
starlord99
Kobold

Campaign Framework for HARP

Post by starlord99 »

Hello, I have put together a framework for HARP (High Adventure Role Playing). HARP is sort of a scaled down version of Rolemaster that uses percentile dice for everything.

This framework uses a bunch of macros from this site, which I modified for HARP. If you look inside the macros, you will probably find some unnecessary code, hopefully that won't cause a problem later! To be honest, I can't write the macros myself, only alter them, so if there is a problem, or something you would like added, I probably can't do anything about it! The people on this site are really good with these macros, so maybe they can help.

Some details:

First, there is no character sheet, you will still need one to play.

Campaign Properties: You will need to configure the tokens if you are using a spell casting class. If you don't like that, you can copy and paste each spell list into the basic token properties. I separated them out because the properties list was getting too long.

I did change the lighting options to match the ruleset.

Tokens: As there are numerous buttons, you will have to decide which ones you want on which tokens. I have include two sample templates (blank), two HARP monsters, and a mage. I encourage you to copy the templates and keep the originals clean. Sometimes a number likes to stick in a slot. It does not affect the die roll, at all, but it is annoying.

Dice: explode on a 96 or better. I created a button called HARP that just rolls the dice, no modifier. All skills, spells and manuevers are attached to the exploding dice, but you must enter the full bonus, including any stat or magic bonuses. When you enter your stats, only enter the bonus not the score. I have an edit button for each group and a corresponding maneuver button. Once the numbers are entered, the maneuver buttons will roll the dice with the correct bonus.

Offensive and Defensive Bonus: There is an edit weapon button in which you can add your attacks. Put your entire OB in, but leave the DB blank unless you have a special item that gives you a DB bonus only when you are using it. When you use the attack button a menu will come up with your attacks. Choose one and another window appears with the weapon's OB and DB. From here you can divide your bonus as you see fit. When the dice are rolled, the OB will come directly from that window, the DB will combine the window with your static DB. Both will be displayed in chat.

Initiative is tracked correctly, keyed to your initiative bonus.
I included a daily use button that is linked to the long rest button. The long rest button will reset your hit point and power points, reset the meter bars, and refresh the daily use button. If you use more realistic healing, you can always use the change hp and pp buttons.

There are four LIB tokens. The first one contains all the character macros for the game.
Also included is Plo's inventory manager, complete with most of HARP's equipment list. I used Raoden's token manager to clean out the 4e stuff. Unless you know what you are doing, I would stick with the ADD HARP gear buttons I created when adding to the database. Finally, Rumble's dice box, for miscellaneous rolls.

Well thats just about everything. I hope someone finds this framework useful!
Attachments
HarpRevised.cmpgn
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 285 times
Last edited by starlord99 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Campaign Framework for HARP

Post by wolph42 »

Very nice, checked it out and it looks quite comprehensive. Thank you for sharing!

I've moved it to the campaign frameworks as it belongs there!

starlord99
Kobold

Post by starlord99 »

Thanks! I hope people like it and find it useful.

starlord99
Kobold

Post by starlord99 »

A couple of small items. Dodge should be figured on Agility, but I have it set up on Quickness. Also, and I'm sure most of you already know this, but if you would like the chat window to display the damage type as well as the total roll just add the following to the attack macro on the Hero:Lib token, near the bottom,after OB but before the DB total:

Code: Select all

[WpnKeyword_]
That way you will know if its a Large Crush, Medium Slash, etc. If I make any more changes, I will update the framework. Eventually, I might make a similar framework for Harp Scifi.

starlord99
Kobold

Post by starlord99 »

Updated this framework a bit. Added all the herbs to equipment, added the encumbrance rules to equipment, added the additional skills from the new rulebook, and made some minor corrections. This will be the last update to it, hopefully some of you have found it useful!

baaaaz
Kobold

Post by baaaaz »

starlord99 - if you are still receiving (it has been 10 years after all!) do you have an update available for this framework in a more recent version of MapTool (like 12.2 or 13.2)?

Also raised in Discord: https://discord.com/channels/2962308222 ... 5740345394

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”