Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Gwendar
Kobold

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v1.6S [Fully Functional]

Post by Gwendar »

Im fairly new aswell but have been using maptoold a little longer than you. I think the updating you are looking for is achieved by clicking the character portrait on the character sheet.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Gwendar's right; I'm not really sure why Daelkyr changed that to clicking the token, it's not particularly intuitive. What problems are you having with making new characters?

El Tea
Kobold

Post by El Tea »

Thanks guys. Man! Clicking the portrait. Would never have noticed it, but that cleaned it up for me, thanks.

I think a lot of my other issues were actually related to not clicking the token first before clicking a link on the character sheet. It would be really sweet if that didn't work that way - my players ran into this issue again and again, though by the end of the evening they were mostly self-identifying the situation. I wonder if it would be possible to change that behaviour...

The character creation was only an issue with 1.6SW, but now that I'm using 1.6S it's not a problem for me. But if anyone is just starting out and heads to the end of this forum looking for the newest version, they might wind up on 1.6SW and hit the same issues.

I'll go reproduce and post the description here. Thanks for the help all.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

I'd appreciate it; I've been doing some modifications/code cleanup, and I'm a couple of weeks away from releasing something. Maybe it's something I can catch.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

My goodness. Has it really been two years since I started this Framework? I've got the long abandoned 1.7 almost ready in anyone is interested. I've been coding hard the last two days to make sure that this one will be backward compatible with 1.6. It has different sheets for PC's and NPC's. Attack rolls that tally totals with links to auto apply damage to targets (taking into account pierce, breach, and the option to change it more). Allowing ships guns to choose a PC as the gunner and using their stats with the ships damage. And the long overdue ability to record equipment, talents, and credits. There's more tweets as well, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head at midnight.

- Josh

El Tea
Kobold

Post by El Tea »

Wow! I don't think we ever expected you would pop back in. Fantastic! I've run two sessions in the last month using your framework, and my table loved it, thank you!

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Woah, he lives! Yes, I think I speak for everyone when I say yes, we want to see what you've done!

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

Okay! Here is the link for 2.0

My wife thinks that it was a big enough update that it needed a new numbering system. Give it a good shakedown and see what falls out. It SHOULD be backwards compatible with 1.6 and 1.6s tokens. But I won't know until you tell me what's wrong.

http://bit.ly/SWEotE2_0

Khain668
Kobold

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

Post by Khain668 »

Hi,

I love this framework, we have been using it for a couple of months now and its great. I tested the new version and I found a couple of rule technical issues. When you roll an attack it also adds one damage for the initial succes. For example if you attack with a blaster rifle with damage 9 and roll one succes you should do 9 damage, now it does 10 damage.

A nice extra feature would be default difficulty based on the range for attacks. Looking forward to where this goes in the future ;-)

Grts,

Wim

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Khain668 wrote:Hi,

I love this framework, we have been using it for a couple of months now and its great. I tested the new version and I found a couple of rule technical issues. When you roll an attack it also adds one damage for the initial succes. For example if you attack with a blaster rifle with damage 9 and roll one succes you should do 9 damage, now it does 10 damage.

A nice extra feature would be default difficulty based on the range for attacks. Looking forward to where this goes in the future ;-)

Grts,

Wim
AoR, p217, "3. Pool results and deal damage":
When making a combat check, if the attack is successful, each uncanceled success adds +1 damage to a successful attack.
Weapons never deal their base damage when they hit.

Khain668
Kobold

Post by Khain668 »

Thanks for the heads up, it seems I misread it entirely.

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

I know it has been almost a year since anybody posted in here, but thanks for the framework. Where does it show the Force level on the character sheet? Also, is there a way to reload the character sheet without having to reload the campaign?

EDIT: I just created a [MACRO] call button (for the character sheet) in the Campaign window. I suppose I might be able to edit in a Force Rank field. Time to get out the reference materials and dig into MTScript again.

Kal-El_Kenobi1138
Kobold

Post by Kal-El_Kenobi1138 »

I'm having a problem. The download button isn't working for me on the 2.0 version. Please help.

Idward
Kobold

Post by Idward »

I did not see if this was answered or not yet. Has the framework been updated to include the lightsaber skill or the ability to change which stat is used for the lightsaber? That would be very helpful.

Also how about force powers? I figure I could just use the dice pool to roll the force dice.

Thanks!

Alarith
Kobold

Post by Alarith »

Great framework. Thank you very much for your work!

Is there some kind of documentation how to add force powers to the character ?

Thank you and kind regards

Ala

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”