Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Daelkyr
Giant

Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

Post by Daelkyr »

Hello true believers! I have just posted version 2.0 of this fine framework on pg. 11 (scroll down). It's got a lot going for it and I want to know what's broken so I can fix. More info is on that page. Let me know how it works so I can update this page properly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Archived---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This framework is for the new Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG from Fantasy Flight Games.

The latest version (1.6S) has an integrated character sheet and dice pool that will allow players and GMs to run games using FFG's unique narrative dice pool mechanics. The framework will handle dice rolls, adding and subtracting wounds and strain, dealing critical hits, and rolling initiative. As well, the framework has Destiny Points for the GM and Players to use.

[1.6S Update]

New additions for the 1.6S update are the introduction of ship character sheets to the framework. You'll be able to set your token as a ship in the update menu while changing stats. How do you get to the character update screen? Click the new token icon that is on the character sheet now.

In addition to the ships, I've followed a few layout requests to move around stats. I've also included the notes section and damage as part of the attack dice roll to help people remember what is being rolled. I also think I squashed out the bug that would prevent character tokens from updating when not on the main page.

Tragiclly, I can't upload this file to the server, so here's the Dropbox link for it.

[1.6 Update]

I've rewritten the entire back end of the framework. If you're going to use old tokens with v1.6, you NEED to use the Update Token macro in the campaign framework. The new additions have broken the skills into General, Combat, and Knowledge. As well, you can choose to hide 0 rank skills for each group or show all skills.

Lastly, the framework will only show sheets that the players have ownership of. And a great new feature is that the character sheet will not redraw itself unless you choose a new token that you own or do something that will cause a redraw (ie. update skills/stats, add a weapon, take damage.)

I have not yet included options to record talents, equipment, or cash on the character sheet. As well, I have not created a ship sheet for players and GMs. All of these items and more, are things I plan to set up in a future update.

A a HUGE shout out goes to oggmosh and Jshock for really adding some awesomeness to the framework. Their contributions have really helped me further the work to date on this project.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them to this thread.

I run this program using:

MapTool Version: 1.3.b89
Max Memory 1024
Min Memory 64
Stack Size 3

- Josh
Character Sheet
ImageImage
Interactive Elements
ImageImage[/URL]Image
Screen Shot
Star Wars EotE v2_0.cmpgn
(5.08 MiB) Downloaded 181 times
(edit by W42, latest version including fix)
Last edited by Daelkyr on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Daelkyr
Giant

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Framework [Work in Progres

Post by Daelkyr »

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed now.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

Just updated the main post with the new version of the campaign file.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Woah, nice framework - me likey. Something I noticed while I was dorking around with it though - the dice output is getting cut off (see Tray'Essek's last roll):

The rolls expand out if you click on chat. Might be because I'm opening in b87, might not.

I'm planning on making a set of states for Edge of the Empire - will probably start this weekend. I'll update when I have something.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

I noticed that the first time I added the dice face images to my framework. I think it has something to do with the way the chat box parses html. But once clicked that seems to fix the issue going forward. So I'll have to see if I can work around it or add a disclaimer.

Glad you like it so far. I'm actually getting ready to add those talent and gear sections to the sheet. Looks like it's going to end up being a two-pager. I'm also looking on working initative into the mix. But I'm leaving that for later.

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

OK, here's my first stab at a state (prone):

Built assuming it was going to be used as a grid image. Any opinions (pro or con)?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

About the cut off: have you tried broadcast?
You can use the message function in my bag of tricks. Check the function manual for it's use. Link in sig.

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

Jshock wrote:OK, here's my first stab at a state (prone):

Built assuming it was going to be used as a grid image. Any opinions (pro or con)?
That is a beautiful icon. I'd love to see one for all the ongoing status effects (Staggered, Immobilized, Disoriented, Dead, Incapacitated, and prone.) And a grid is definitely the way to go.

Quinno
Kobold

Post by Quinno »

I just downloaded MapTools to GM EotE for my friends. I have a lot of questions, naturally(this program is less than easy for non-programmers).

Anyway, I downloaded your file and it looks cool, but if I click anything I get a stack overflow error.

<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.

I increased the stack from the default 2 up to 100 and still got the error.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Thanks

Daelkyr
Giant

Post by Daelkyr »

I've built the framework on a setting of stack 3 and a GB of memory. Try launching the game with settings st minimum memory 256, maximum memory 1024, and a stack of 3.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Quinno wrote:I just downloaded MapTools to GM EotE for my friends. I have a lot of questions, naturally(this program is less than easy for non-programmers).

Anyway, I downloaded your file and it looks cool, but if I click anything I get a stack overflow error.

<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.

I increased the stack from the default 2 up to 100 and still got the error.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Thanks
a stack of 100 is a staggering overkill and will certainly kill MT in the short run. Usual setting should be 2 although with the 64 processors 3 is becoming more common. I think I have one of the biggest and most complex frameworks build for MT and it currently requires 3, although before I understood how the stack worked, 6 was required (to give you an idea of sizes). For testing purposes I would never go higher then 10, but if thats required then you have one badly written piece of software on your hands.

anyway, most likely your issue lies somewhere else, e.g. its possible that you get an error report that is so large that it renders a stack overflow. So you'll need to be more specific in how to recreate the issue.

o and provide us with the debug info (its in the help menu)

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Post by inquisitor tremayne »

I can't remember where I found this, but someone created a decent framework for the Long Arm of the Hutt beginner adventure, it is pretty decent but could stand to use your character sheet!

Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ub56h7byar0g4m9/Hutt.cmpgn

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Thought I would post an update on the states I have done. I thought it needed some background texture, so I added a grid.

Prone:

Immobilized:

Disoriented:

Staggered:

Dead:

Still undecided on what I want to do for Incapacitated. Also plan on doing one for in cover (a common occurrence).
Last edited by Jshock on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”