Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Lawleslisa
Kobold

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v1.6S [Fully Functional]

Post by Lawleslisa »

When I drag a new token onto the map, I edit it (changing the attributes) and the updated attributes are reflected on the character sheet but the skills do not reflect the changed attributes. All the skills stay at 1 green die. This makes it almost impossible to roll any check without manually entering dice every time.

I am using maptool build 1.3.90.

I am unsure what I am doing wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lawleslisa

Omegatroll
Kobold

Post by Omegatroll »

Hi everyones,
I have run a Edge of the Empire campaign with this Framework. Now I want to run a Age of Rebellion campaign.
I struggle to add the "Warfare" Knowledge Skill. Then i read this :
Board index ‹ General ‹ User Creations ‹ Requests for HELLLLP!

It says that you can't import tokens from a previous framework if you change it only a litlle bit (or did I missread something?). I think my issue is here: I have manually created all the npcs and véhicules of the book. Now, with this upgraded version including the warfare skill, all the tokens are incompatibles, so i get the errors mentionned by other users.

I tried to change some properties of my campaign and in the lib:Sheet token. Maybe i miss something to change (i'm not good in this 'coding thing", but logic tells me where i must add the Warfare skill, viva copy-paste where all the skills are listed) but nothing works well. All Pc's and npc' sheets doesn't load anymore. But véhicule's sheet load well. (i didn't touch the properties of the vehicules).

So, does the information in the forum (Board index ‹ General ‹ User Creations ‹ Requests for HELLLLP!) are accurate? Or is it me who is inaccurate? I think to start the game from Zero again, with the new campaing file. I won't rebuilt a collection of token. But will I have the same issue with Force and Destiny with the new Lightsaber Combat Skill?

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

OK, a couple of things:
1. Your tokens aren't working because skills don't just go on the token. Let's assume you're making a new custom skill called Singing. Singing has to show up in four places:
  • "SWA_Skills" (Json; in both campaign properties and the token itself)
  • "Skills" (Json; on Lib:Sheet)
  • "SkillList" (String; on Lib:Sheet)
  • either GeneralSkills, CombatSkills, KnowledgeSkills, or CustomSkills, whichever is appropriate (String; on Lib:Sheet)
If you just put Singing on the token's SWA_Skills, the sheet won't load (the stuff that looks at the other 3 Lib:sheet properties doesn't see it on the list and the sheet macros break). Vehicles are exempt, since their sheet doesn't look at the skill lists anyway. None of this would be an issue if it weren't for...

2. The Update Token macro I published is borked and no one seemed to notice, including me. What I don't get is the only difference between Daelkyr's macro and mine is the added skill (warfare). Maybe it was always borked? Long story short, your tokens are salvageable, as long as any new skills are coded in properly:
  • copy paste text BETWEEN the elipses (...)!
  • "SWA_Skills": {... "Warfare":{"Rank":0, "Proficiency":0, "Ability":1}, ...}
  • "Skills": {... "Warfare":"Intellect", ...}
  • "SkillList": ... Warfare, ...
  • "KnowledgeSkills": ... Warfare, ...
I'm posting the code for "Update Token 1.6S to 1.6SW":

Code: Select all

[h: id=getSelected()]
[h: skillListNew="{}"]
[h: characterSkillList=""]
[h: skillList=getProperty("Skills")]
[h: skillFields = json.fields(skillList)]
[h: skillCheck = stringToList("Astrogation,Athletics,Brawl,Charm,Coercion,Computers,Cool,Coordination,Core Worlds,Deception,Discipline,Education,Gunnery,Leadership,Lore,Mechanics,Medicine,Melee,Negotiation,Outer Rim,Perception,Piloting - Planetary,Piloting - Space,Ranged - Heavy,Ranged - Light,Resilience,Skullduggery,Stealth,Streetwise,Survival,Underworld,Vigilance,Warfare,Xenology", ",", ",")]

[h:skillFinal=""]
[h, FOREACH(skill,skillCheck,""),code:{
[if(listContains(skillFields,skill)): skillFinal=skillFinal;skillFinal=skillFinal+skill+","]
}]

[h: skillFinal=stringToList(skillFinal,",",",")]

[FOREACH(skill, skillFinal,""),code: {

[h:skillName = skill]
	[h:skillRankNew = 0]
	[h:skillCharacteristicNew= json.get(getLibProperty("Skills","lib:Sheet"),skillName)]

[h:'<!-- calculating yellow and green dice based on stat and skill values -->']
	[h:skillCharacteristicScore=getProperty(skillCharacteristicNew, id)]
	[h:yellowDice=min(skillCharacteristicScore,skillRankNew)]
	[h:greenDice=max(skillCharacteristicScore,skillRankNew)-min(skillCharacteristicScore,skillRankNew)]

[h:skillProficiencyNew=yellowDice]
	[h:skillAbilityNew=greenDice]

[h:skillInfoNew  = json.set("{}", "Rank", skillRankNew,"Proficiency",skillProficiencyNew,"Ability",skillAbilityNew)]

[h: skillNew = json.set("",skillName,skillInfoNew)]
	[h: skillList = json.merge(skillList,skillNew)]

}]

[h: setProperty("Skills",skillList,id)]

[FOREACH(skill, skillCheck,""),code: {

[h:skillRankNew = json.get(json.get(skillList,skillName),"Rank")]
	[h:skillCharacteristicNew= json.get(getLibProperty("Skills","lib:Sheet"),skillName)]
	[h: characterSkillList = if(skillRankNew>0, listAppend(characterSkillList,skillName),characterSkillList)]

[h:greenDice=max(skillCharacteristicScore,skillRankNew)-min(skillCharacteristicScore,skillRankNew)]

[h:skillInfoNew  = json.set("{}","Rank",skillRankNew,"Proficiency",skillProficiencyNew,"Ability",skillAbilityNew)]

[h: skillListNew = json.merge(skillListNew,skillNew)]
}]

[H:setProperty("SWA_Race",getProperty("Race"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Career",getProperty("Career"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Obligation",getProperty("Obligation"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_XP",getProperty("XP"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Soak",getProperty("Soak"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Wounds",getProperty("Wounds"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Strain",getProperty("Strain"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Critical","")]
[H:setProperty("SWA_WoundsCurrent",0)]
[H:setProperty("SWA_StrainCurrent",0)]
[H:setProperty("SWA_CriticalCurrent",getProperty("CriticalCurrent"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Brawn",getProperty("Brawn"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Agility",getProperty("Agility"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Intellect",getProperty("Intellect"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Cunning",getProperty("Cunning"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Willpower",getProperty("Willpower"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Presence",getProperty("Presence"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Skills",getProperty("Skills"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_SkillList",getProperty("SkillList"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_SkillView",getProperty("SkillView"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Weapons",getProperty("Weapons"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Equipment",getProperty("Equipment"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Talents",getProperty("Talents"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_LastRoll",getProperty("LastRoll"))]
[H:setPropertyType("SWA")]
[H, macro("Sheet@Lib:Sheet"): json.set("", "Reload", 1)]
Token Updated!
Like I said, the only thing I changed in this is I added Warfare to the [h: skillCheck = stringToList on line 6. If someone cares to dissect it, I'm all ears.

Tyshalle
Giant

Post by Tyshalle »

I will say that I've added multiple skills to this framework (Animal Handling, Performance, Lightsaber, Galactic Civil War) and I even removed two skills (Core Worlds and Outer Rim Worlds or whatever), and I haven't experienced any problems with it. I did this about five months ago, so I don't remember my exact process but I think Jshock has the right of it. I will say that I've never added any skills to the "Custom Skills" field. I think I had tried that but I got errors when I did, so I wound up just adding skills to the primary 3 fields.

No idea if that's relevant to your problems, but I thought I'd just throw that out there. I'm also using b90, and haven't really had any major issues with it.

Ayesyn
Kobold

Post by Ayesyn »

Jshock wrote:OK, a couple of things:
1. Your tokens aren't working because skills don't just go on the token. Let's assume you're making a new custom skill called Singing. Singing has to show up in four places:
  • "SWA_Skills" (Json; in both campaign properties and the token itself)
  • "Skills" (Json; on Lib:Sheet)
  • "SkillList" (String; on Lib:Sheet)
  • either GeneralSkills, CombatSkills, KnowledgeSkills, or CustomSkills, whichever is appropriate (String; on Lib:Sheet)
If you just put Singing on the token's SWA_Skills, the sheet won't load (the stuff that looks at the other 3 Lib:sheet properties doesn't see it on the list and the sheet macros break). Vehicles are exempt, since their sheet doesn't look at the skill lists anyway. None of this would be an issue if it weren't for...

2. The Update Token macro I published is borked and no one seemed to notice, including me. What I don't get is the only difference between Daelkyr's macro and mine is the added skill (warfare). Maybe it was always borked? Long story short, your tokens are salvageable, as long as any new skills are coded in properly:
  • copy paste text BETWEEN the elipses (...)!
  • "SWA_Skills": {... "Warfare":{"Rank":0, "Proficiency":0, "Ability":1}, ...}
  • "Skills": {... "Warfare":"Intellect", ...}
  • "SkillList": ... Warfare, ...
  • "KnowledgeSkills": ... Warfare, ...
I'm posting the code for "Update Token 1.6S to 1.6SW":

[h: skillList=getProperty("Skills")]
[h: skillCheck = stringToList("Astrogation,Athletics,Brawl,Charm,Coercion,Computers,Cool,Coordination,Core Worlds,Deception,Discipline,Education,Gunnery,Leadership,Lore,Mechanics,Medicine,Melee,Negotiation,Outer Rim,Perception,Piloting - Planetary,Piloting - Space,Ranged - Heavy,Ranged - Light,Resilience,Skullduggery,Stealth,Streetwise,Survival,Underworld,Vigilance,Warfare,Xenology", ",", ",")]

[if(listContains(skillFields,skill)): skillFinal=skillFinal;skillFinal=skillFinal+skill+","]
}]

[h:skillInfoNew  = json.set("{}", "Rank", skillRankNew,"Proficiency",skillProficiencyNew,"Ability",skillAbilityNew)]

}]

[h: setProperty("Skills",skillList,id)]

[h: characterSkillList = if(skillRankNew>0, listAppend(characterSkillList,skillName),characterSkillList)]

[h:skillInfoNew  = json.set("{}","Rank",skillRankNew,"Proficiency",skillProficiencyNew,"Ability",skillAbilityNew)]

}]

[H:setProperty("SWA_Race",getProperty("Race"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Career",getProperty("Career"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Obligation",getProperty("Obligation"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_XP",getProperty("XP"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Soak",getProperty("Soak"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Wounds",getProperty("Wounds"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Strain",getProperty("Strain"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Critical","")]
[H:setProperty("SWA_WoundsCurrent",0)]
[H:setProperty("SWA_StrainCurrent",0)]
[H:setProperty("SWA_CriticalCurrent",getProperty("CriticalCurrent"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Brawn",getProperty("Brawn"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Agility",getProperty("Agility"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Intellect",getProperty("Intellect"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Cunning",getProperty("Cunning"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Willpower",getProperty("Willpower"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Presence",getProperty("Presence"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Skills",getProperty("Skills"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_SkillList",getProperty("SkillList"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_SkillView",getProperty("SkillView"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Weapons",getProperty("Weapons"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Equipment",getProperty("Equipment"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_Talents",getProperty("Talents"))]
[H:setProperty("SWA_LastRoll",getProperty("LastRoll"))]
[H:setPropertyType("SWA")]
[H, macro("Sheet@Lib:Sheet"): json.set("", "Reload", 1)]
Token Updated!
Like I said, the only thing I changed in this is I added Warfare to the [h: skillCheck = stringToList on line 6. If someone cares to dissect it, I'm all ears.
This is a few months late, but I managed to repair that update macro for my framework. It looks like it was meant to update an even older version of the tokens using entirely separate properties. So this failed on any attempt to update a recent token because it tried to poll the old properties to set it. I rewrote it to be functional for adding in new skills in the new format:

[h: skillList=getProperty("SWA_Skills",id)]
[h: skillCheck = stringToList("Astrogation,Athletics,Brawl,Charm,Coercion,Computers,Cool,Coordination,Core Worlds,Deception,Discipline,Education,Gunnery,Leadership,Lightsaber,Lore,Mechanics,Medicine,Melee,Negotiation,Outer Rim,Perception,Piloting - Planetary,Piloting - Space,Ranged - Heavy,Ranged - Light,Resilience,Skullduggery,Stealth,Streetwise,Survival,Underworld,Vigilance,Warfare,Xenology", ",", ",")]

}]

[h:skillCharacteristicNew= json.get(getLibProperty("SWA_Skills","lib:Sheet"),skillName)]

}]

[h: setProperty("SWA_Skills",skillList,id)]

[h:skillCharacteristicNew= json.get(getLibProperty("SWA_Skills","lib:Sheet"),skillName)]

}]

[H, macro("Sheet@lib:Sheet"): json.set("", "Reload", 1)]
Token Updated!
Note I also had to add a new Lib Property SWA_Skills with these values:

{"Astrogation":"SWA_Intellect","Athletics":"SWA_Brawn","Brawl":"SWA_Brawn","Charm":"SWA_Presence","Coercion":"SWA_Willpower","Computers":"SWA_Intellect","Cool":"SWA_Presence","Coordination":"SWA_Agility","Core Worlds":"SWA_Intellect","Deception":"SWA_Cunning","Discipline":"SWA_Willpower","Education":"SWA_Intellect","Gunnery":"SWA_Agility","Leadership":"SWA_Presence","Lightsaber":"SWA_Brawn","Lore":"SWA_Intellect","Mechanics":"SWA_Intellect","Medicine":"SWA_Intellect","Melee":"SWA_Brawn","Negotiation":"SWA_Presence","Outer Rim":"SWA_Intellect","Perception":"SWA_Cunning","Piloting - Planetary":"SWA_Agility","Piloting - Space":"SWA_Agility","Ranged - Heavy":"SWA_Agility","Ranged - Light":"SWA_Agility","Resilience":"SWA_Brawn","Skullduggery":"SWA_Cunning","Stealth":"SWA_Agility","Streetwise":"SWA_Cunning","Survival":"SWA_Cunning","Underworld":"SWA_Intellect","Vigilance":"SWA_Willpower","Warfare":"SWA_Intellect","Xenology":"SWA_Intellect"}

Gwendar
Kobold

Post by Gwendar »

Hi. I'm new to maptools and was gonna use this framework for a game with my friends on may the "force".

But as I was trying to change some character sheets in the framework i got this issue where i cant cancel or Ok the Changes. Only thing that comes up is an error:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at net.rptools.maptool.client.ui.htmlframe.HTMLPaneFormView.submitData(HTMLPaneFormView.java:117)
at javax.swing.text.html.FormView.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at net.rptools.maptool.client.swing.MapToolEventQueue.dispatchEvent(MapToolEventQueue.java:36)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Anybody here know what i've done wrong?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

not familiar with the error, but it appears your accessing some array at a none existing point: e.g. retrieving item 5 in array [1,2,3,4] can you provide the code/

Gwendar
Kobold

Post by Gwendar »

No sorry. I tried starting over from scratch so restarted everything and now it seems to be flowing without any errors. Seems to have gotten rid of some other minor issues aswell that i didnt bother with earlier.

Gwendar
Kobold

Post by Gwendar »

I played a game using maptools for the first time last night and it was awesome. This framework is awesome. Just a few questions though. I've read through all the posts so i Think i already know the answer to some of them, but i thought i'd better check.

1. Is there/will there be any sheets for gear/equipment or talents?
2. Does anybody have a smart way of handling the range bands in the game other then the more obvious ways like just adding the grid and stuff?
3. We were using the beginners game and the players decided they wanted to stick with the characters. What is important to "fix" with them to make them stay tuned with the core rules?
4. All you guys who did this framework. Are you gods or just heroes?
5. I messed around with ships and npc's. Found out how to switch the sheets to make stats and skills apply correctly. But I'm not sure how to handle PC's and Control of the ship. Is there a smart way to get specific characters stats to apply to specifik turrets and stations? While giving all characters access to the ship? (for example one guy is in a turret, his skills apply..Another guy is flying so his skills apply to that)
6. When I created my npc's i thought the players would see the soak/wound/strain of them by just mousing over them if i made them visible to the players. But alas i was wrong. Is there any way to do that without giving everyone Control over the npc tokens?

Thank you very much for the framework and keep up the good work :D

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Gwendar wrote:I played a game using maptools for the first time last night and it was awesome. This framework is awesome. Just a few questions though. I've read through all the posts so i Think i already know the answer to some of them, but i thought i'd better check.

1. Is there/will there be any sheets for gear/equipment or talents?
2. Does anybody have a smart way of handling the range bands in the game other then the more obvious ways like just adding the grid and stuff?
3. We were using the beginners game and the players decided they wanted to stick with the characters. What is important to "fix" with them to make them stay tuned with the core rules?
4. All you guys who did this framework. Are you gods or just heroes?
5. I messed around with ships and npc's. Found out how to switch the sheets to make stats and skills apply correctly. But I'm not sure how to handle PC's and Control of the ship. Is there a smart way to get specific characters stats to apply to specifik turrets and stations? While giving all characters access to the ship? (for example one guy is in a turret, his skills apply..Another guy is flying so his skills apply to that)
6. When I created my npc's i thought the players would see the soak/wound/strain of them by just mousing over them if i made them visible to the players. But alas i was wrong. Is there any way to do that without giving everyone Control over the npc tokens?

Thank you very much for the framework and keep up the good work :D
1. I started to add equipment and talent sections, then put everything on pause until the whole Mote debacle sorted itself out. Should probably get back on that, thanks for reminding me.
2. I've tried a few different ways of handling ranges. The one that seemed to have the most traction with my group was to use auras:

Personal ranges
----
5_Extreme: aura circle 72.5#333333
3_Medium: aura circle 24.5#999999
2_Short: aura circle 12.5#cccccc
4_Long: aura circle 48.5#666666
1_Engaged: aura circle 2.5#ffffff

Planetary ranges
----
4_P-Long: aura circle 30#666666
2_P-Short: aura circle 12#cccccc
5_P-Extreme: aura circle 42#333333
3_P-Medium: aura circle 18#999999
1_P-Close: aura circle 6#ffffff
The personal scale ranges are in meters; tweak to taste.
3. I had the same issue with my group; I just had everyone in the group rebuild to core rules, keeping whatever XP they had earned and applying it to the new characters.
4. To quote Winston Zeddemore: "If someone asks you if you are a god, you say YES!"
5. No, there isn't really a smart way to handle multiple people on the same ship. You can set up weapons on PC/ NPC tokens with ship's stats (for multiple gunnery stations), or you can set up a ship's token with ONE person's stats. Something to consider.
6. The stat sheet properties are set up to be owner visible only; if you go to "campaign properties" and remove the @ from all the properties in SWA, you'll get the behavior you're looking for.

Gwendar
Kobold

Post by Gwendar »

Thanks for the solutions and the quick answers.

Im planning on making a map containing not only space combat area but also a interiour of the ship. Thus allowing movement of pc tokens between terminals and ship areas while in combat.

Already worked out different roles and reasons why certain actions require specific terminals.
Think i will let the players use their sheets and skills normally while just adding a token for the ship for movement and seeing weapon stats.

Gwendar
Kobold

Post by Gwendar »

I tried google but didn't find Another thread for the issue. So I'm going straight here.

Issue: Saving the Campaign and then opening it again a few Days later seem to have resulted in a token mixup.
One token has retained all notes and such on the edit page, but the stats and name of the token seem to have been changed to Another tokens stats. I.e. I now have 2 tokens who are almost identical looking at the character sheet. (the weapons have not been changed though).

Cause: Is this caused as a problem via this framework or is it something more related to maptools itself?

Solution: Is there something I've simply done wrong or is this a problem that can't be avoided?

Jshock
Dragon

Post by Jshock »

Gwendar wrote:I tried google but didn't find Another thread for the issue. So I'm going straight here.

Issue: Saving the Campaign and then opening it again a few Days later seem to have resulted in a token mixup.
One token has retained all notes and such on the edit page, but the stats and name of the token seem to have been changed to Another tokens stats. I.e. I now have 2 tokens who are almost identical looking at the character sheet. (the weapons have not been changed though).

Cause: Is this caused as a problem via this framework or is it something more related to maptools itself?

Solution: Is there something I've simply done wrong or is this a problem that can't be avoided?
Something I've noted, which may or may not be related; if you select a token, and begin to edit it, you can select another token while the edit page is up... if you updated the (newly selected) token, it gets whatever was in the fields (presumably the first token's vitals). I'm trying to find a solve as I make my changes to the framework.

Gwendar
Kobold

Post by Gwendar »

That could very well be what I've done. Will try it and see if the result is the same when I get home.

In case it helps you with troubleshooting and finding solutions:

Things that were accidently copied between tokens:

Skill ranks, name and career.

Things that seemed to be somewhat reset to a standard 1 or 0:

Obligation, wound threshold, strain threshold, soak

Things that were unaffected:

Token picture, portrait, weapons list, edit notes, player token permission to use

El Tea
Kobold

Post by El Tea »

Well, I'm clearly very late to this party. Is there anyone still around?

I have spent a couple of evenings with Maptools now, along with versions 1.6, 1.6S, and 1.6SW of the campaign. My biggest issue at this point is that with 1.6S the button on the character sheet, "update" was removed. I don't see how my players are supposed to be able to update their tokens and all skills at once (on one nice form).

I spent enough time to learn some of the basics of macros and put the link back on the character sheet in 1.6S. I think it's working. Does anyone know why it was removed?

I would also second that 1.6SW is seriously borked. The legacy Oskara has issues the moment you open her, and I found similar issues when making new tokens. It might have been identified as to how to fix this in the text above, but I couldn't put it together. However, it looks to me like if you start with 1.6S (so you don't have to update tokens from 1.6) and you don't need the new skill in AoR, then you're probably good to go.

If anyone can back me up or correct me here, it would be appreciated.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”