Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
DJSalt
Kobold

Re: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire v2.0

Post by DJSalt »

Hi guys, I'm a massive noob and desperately want to get started with some friends who are also interested. The problem is I have no idea how to set anything up, I have imported it as a campaign map file but I cannot change the map or view the other tokens. I may this seem obvious but I have no idea how anything on this application works. If anyone could give me the basics of how to load the maps and tokens as well as the dice etc then that would be great as I can go on from that information.

Thanks in advance!

Idward
Kobold

Post by Idward »

A friend of mine looked at the star wars FFG and fixed the issue where the pc sheets weren't popping up after the 4.8.0 version. I don't know if others found the fix or not.

Code: Select all

Select "Lib:Sheet" in starfield
Select the "PCSheet" macro
Change the first line from [h: SWT_Page = getStrProp(macro.args, "Page")] to [h: SWT_Page = json.get(macro.args, "Page")]
Save
Select the "PCSheetNew" macro
Change the first line from [h: SWT_Page = getStrProp(macro.args, "Page")] to [h: SWT_Page = json.get(macro.args, "Page")]

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Idward wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:41 pm
A friend of mine looked at the star wars FFG and fixed the issue where the pc sheets weren't popping up after the 4.8.0 version. I don't know if others found the fix or not.

Save
Does anyone know why this sort of thing has to be changed in 1.8+? I've run into it with my framework, too, but the fix isn't quite this simple so understanding why this now needs to be done might help resolve the issue.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

there are two basic options:
1. the code was wrong already but with the more rigid bug tracing it finally reared its ugly head
2. some change in the macro argument passing in MT which I find highy unlikely as this would create massive incompatibility but its possible
3. a bug in mt.

would need to delve into the framework code to see where this takes a bad turn (which would be the argument provider function).

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:26 am
there are two basic options:
1. the code was wrong already but with the more rigid bug tracing it finally reared its ugly head
2. some change in the macro argument passing in MT which I find highy unlikely as this would create massive incompatibility but its possible
3. a bug in mt.

would need to delve into the framework code to see where this takes a bad turn (which would be the argument provider function).
Seems like Alias had to fix the same sort of issue here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26076&start=30#p277974

So that's at least 3 frameworks with the issue... ;)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Idward
Kobold

Post by Idward »

Full Bleed wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:00 am
Idward wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Save
Does anyone know why this sort of thing has to be changed in 1.8+? I've run into it with my framework, too, but the fix isn't quite this simple so understanding why this now needs to be done might help resolve the issue.

The code attempted to evaluate the string as a json, but would it evaluate with global permissions, which let it run on your system itself. So any malicious code put into a MapTool macro would affect your PC.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”