Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.8

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.3.1

Post by Fazza »

wolph42 wrote:I've got a method for that too. I quite often update small stuff in the BoT. in the ontokenmove lib waaay at the bottom there is a version button (black). This updates libversion property on the token so when you OCL you see which version it is. Minor updates I call e.g. 35a, 35b, 35c etc. and these are NOT announced on the forum until I move to version 36. then I move all the 35a,b,c,d, etc changes under version 36 and announce that on the forum. Check out the lib to see what I mean. I just released version 35e but its unannounced.
Okay sound man, thanks for all the advice I'm not really used to any of this so it's very much appreciated. I just wanted to get the last version out but I'll probably do something like that with the change log on the token and I'll post for more significant updates. And yeah dropbox is pretty nice to use as well.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.3.2

Post by Fazza »

Update

It's been a long time coming but I've finally gotten around to tracking conditions within the framework. A few other minor changes, if you've downloaded this recently you will probably have the majority of the new features aside from condition tracking as I've been making some small changes without posting about them, you can check the exact version you have by checking the black version macro at the top of the Lib:Pokemon token which outputs a changelog when clicked.

Version 1.4
Condition Tracking
  • Adding and removing conditions is done from the stats sheet. It will show the conditions a pokemon/trainer is currently suffering, by clicking on the individual condition it will bring up the details of the condition in a new frame. Additionally if the condition will do damage there will be a link to automatically inflict this damage and if the condition allows for save throws a link to roll this and output the relevant result.
  • When adding a condition that changes Combat Stages you will be asked whether to apply these or not, this is just because of abilities that change how conditions effect a pokemon. I'm planning to make it possible to change how conditions effect individual pokemon but for now this is how I'm doing it.
  • When disabled is selected an input window of all your moves will come up to allow you to select the move(s) that is/are disabled, note that when disabled you can still roll the move it will output that the move is disabled though.
  • When suppressed it will automatically change At-Will to EOT and EOT to Scene. However since currently the framework doesn't track PP Ups this will have to be done manually, I'll try to add it soon.
  • When asleep evasion is reduced accordingly. When blinded accuracy is reduced accordingly.
  • Added a Save Check bonus that can be set in the same way conditions are set. This will be automatically applied when rolling save checks. Temporary bonuses can also be applied at the time of rolling.
The Rest
  • Added links to recharge an entire party from the trainers party sheet.
  • Changed Accuracy roll display it shows the roll vs the AC as well as a new Hits EV number if this number is higher than or equal to the targets evasion it's a hit. Just removes a small bit of math
  • Damage rolls in the Damage Chart are now clickable
  • Added Version macro on Lib:Pokemon which displays what version you have is. When clicked it outputs the changelog.
  • Added info tokens. Clicking on these will display some info on how to use the framework.
  • Added rest to character sheet. Also a Rest Party to the Party sheet of trainers so resting yourself and your party should be easy
  • Fixed an issue with adjusting modifiers
  • Fixed an issue where one use scene/daily moves couldn't be recharged. Also EOT moves can be recharged now.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.5

Post by Fazza »

Update

Not looked at this for a while but a nice update that just make the game that bit easier to run to get me back in the swing of thing. Pokemon Centers and daily injury tracking are the main additions, before these required going through and manually healing pokemon and tracking daily injuries outside the framework so were badly needed. Luck/Pickup rolls were something that slowed the games I am in down considerably as we had to look at the table, roll d20, check what items were available count how many there are and then roll a dice to randomly decide on the specific item, this is now done at the click of a button. Various minor tweaks since the last update as well.

• Pokemon Center: for the GM they can select all the pokemon they want this to apply to and click the link. Trainers can apply it to their current party when they are on their home map. This will output a table containing the pokemon healed this way with details on what their old HP was and what they are set at after along with how long the pokemon center takes.
  • Injury tracking: The framework now tracks how many injuries a trainer/pokemon has taken in a day. This is based off the last use of a Daily Recharge, if you have taken zero injuries between daily recharges you will heal one automatically as per the rules. This also limits you to healing 3 injuries in a day from various menas, if you want to ignore this limit or add an injury that won't be tracked click on the injury link on the stat page and check the checkbox that allows this.
  • Luck/Pickup rolls: The GM has access to a link for the luck/pickup rolls that trainers or pokemon can use to find items on the ground. It will roll the d20 and then randomly decide on an item from that group, it will also provide a link to add it to the selected trainers inventory. This will not include items that do not have a cost for various reasons(type plate, mega stones, master ball etc.).
  • Added a statsheet when you mouse over a token that shows level, hitpoints,evasion defenses and movement(plus AP for trainers)
  • Evasion is now split into Physical/Special/Speed instead of showing the highest of physical/speed and the highest or special/speed. Specific evasion bonuses can now be set as well.
  • Taking damage from conditions is now private(self and GM)
  • Fixed issue where fainted, heavily injured and dead weren't being applied/removed during HP/injury changes.
  • Added Heavily Injured and Dead to conditions. Under other.
  • Added a checkbox to the HP Change Input that displays when the pokemon taking damage is heavily injured that if left checked will add the additional damage for being heavily injured to the damage taken.
  • When using a move while heavily injured it will output a link to deal damage to the selected token.
  • Double strike moves now display accuracy and damage checks on seperate lines as it became cluttered with the addition of "hits EV"
  • AP usage and drain are now replenished when doing a scene/daily reharge from the party page
  • Changed full recharge to daily recharge.
  • Fixed changing trainers speed combat stages during tourney matches counting against them.
  • Added a very basic way to track the number of vitamins used on the misc page.
  • Removed the Average Hatch Rate on Misc Page since this can be found in the built in pokedex now

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.5

Post by Fazza »

Someone PMed me asking how to get pokemon sprites as opposed to token images for the pokedex. I knocked a table up real quick and decided to throw it up here as well, it has the sprites of Gens 1-5 from Elemental Knight's sprite pack(don't fancy hunting gen 6 images down right now). They look pretty nice in the pokedex(see below) but the issue is it will generate tokens with the sprite image as well and I personally don't like using them as tokens but some people might.

How it looks:

So If anyone wants to use it, download it below, import it to the framework(click Window->Tables first) and change the table name to PokemonTokens and delete the old PokemonTokens table. I might try to incorporate them both into a future update but for now you'll have to do the dirty work yourself.

Link removed since this is now in the framework by default
Last edited by Fazza on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.6

Post by Fazza »

Update 1.6

Wanted to get this update out since I might not be able to work on the framework for a good while(haven't had much chance to lately)as such some of the features aren't quite fully polished but are still usable and quite handy particularly the evolution as that was a real pain to handle before.
Important Note for GMs:
A few changes had to be made to token properties as such type, teleporter movement and underwater movement will be reset. I included a link on the GM screen that updates selected tokens to their old values. You can either export the two Lib tokens(Lib:Pokemon and Lib:Trainer) and the various campaign properties and import them to your current campaign save exprt a map with all the tokens from your campaign and import them into the new framework file and update them there. Make sure not to have any duplicates of the Lib tokens
  • Evolution Handling: The GM can now evolve(and devolve) pokemon from the GM screen by selecting the pokemon they wish to apply it to and clicking the relevant link. This will update base stats, capabilities, abilities, type, weight, size and the token image. It will reset Level Modifiers It will also unfortunately remove bonus capabilities and skill bonuses so these will have to be re-added.
  • Mega Evolution: The GM can also Mega Evolve pokemon. This method is for mega evolution where stat changes are just added on top of current stats. It will change the token image to the mega form based on the image in the relevant table. Stat boosts will be added as well as the new ability(or a choice of abilities if the pokemon already has it).At the moment this can only be done from the GM Screen I will try to make this possible from the token itself soon.
  • Form Handling: On the misc page you can now set what the differences between forms are. Choices are base stats, mod stats, type, abilities, capabilities and skills since these seem to be all that changes between pokemon with multiple forms, token image differences is also stored. Also if you wish to use the mega rules where you redistribute level up stats this is a good solution.
  • Resting Changes: When resting multiple pokemon(such as your party) you can now select a checkbox to give tokens individual rest rates so if something has a bandage or something else that boosts it's heal rate this can be done with this. Tokens now track the amount of time rested in a day capping at 8 hours, to reset this a daily recharge must be done. Note that if a token is resting a full health this does not count towards the time rested as I think this makes sense. Also changed resting to be slightly more in line with what I believe the intent so each half hour is 1/16th(or whatever the healing rate is) rounded down, before it was x/16ths rounded down so inputting the rest all at once could often give you more health than inputting it a bit at a time. Removed campaign rest macro, this should all be done from the sheets now.
  • Type Changes: Mostly a behind the scenes change for now but types are no longer restricted to the strict 2 type system this is partially for form handling, partially for moves such as Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse and partially for homebrew stuff so if you wish to have Beedrill be Poison/Bug/Flying go for it. Trainers can also be given types for whatever reason as well. Currently this all needs to be edited manually in the token's properties, expect full integration soon.
  • Generating a pokemon with moves that grant capabilities are now automatically added to their capabilities. This is not yet handled when adding moves after generation.
  • Pokedex Aesthetics: Just an attempt to make it look nicer in general, I've added sprites that are viewed in the pokedex as opposed to token images since I think it has a nicer look.(credit to Elemental Knight for the majority of these and mickyd92 who hunted down the gen 6 sprites). Pokemon with multiple forms have sprites that change depending on the form selected(this goes for token generation where availible as well). Also mega forms now have images and the pokemons name is displayed on the upper left. Movements now have their full name.
  • On levelling up pokemon with multiple forms if the form name matches the form in the pokedex it will inform you of moves that the pokemon can learn during the level up.(this only worked for pokemon without forms before)
  • Teleport and Water speeds had to be changed to Teleporter and Underwater to match the PDF.
  • Issue with autohit moves asking for input fixed.
  • Trainer Accuracy Bonuses now work.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.6.1

Post by Fazza »

Minor Update 1.6.1
  • Default Combat Stages: These can now be set from the stats page by clicking the CS link at the top of the table. This is mostly for things such as ace trainer's base feature. Upon recharging or pokemon center use your current combat stages get set back to default. Note: Not when you recall your pokemon, not yet anyway.
  • Adding level up moves now easier: The output text that says a pokemon can learn a move upon levelling up can now be clicked to add it automatically.
  • Added a 1.5x multiplier to HP change, this is mainly for Solid Rock and Filter. This will not be automatically selected if the pokemon has either of these abilities so remember to change these when using one with one.
  • Error when changing speed combat stage if not in initiative now fixed.
  • Fixed issue where Trainers Current HP wasn't updating in line with new Max HP on level up.
  • Brought the mouseover stat sheet of trainers in line with pokemon
Also 1.6 had this change I omitted from the changelog
  • Relevent attack stat now displayed in damage on the move table in brackets, this is purely for convinience so you don't have to check the stats page if you are unsure.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.6.1

Post by Fazza »

Bugfix

Normally wouldn't post about an update where so little has changed but this is something that could come up a lot for anyone using it so I figured it was important.

Changelog 1.6.2
  • Fixed issue with GM pokemon center giving an error and not healing further pokemon if a pokemon had a condition.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.6.3

Post by Fazza »

Bugfix

Apologies for another post but another bugfix to sort out an annoying bug that I completely missed that threw up errors when trying to edit trainer capabilities. This will probably(hopefully?) be the last update until 1.7 which should be a pretty big one.

Changelog 1.6.3
  • Fixed issue with trainer capability editting

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.6.4

Post by Fazza »

Bugfix

And I lied, turns out some of the behind the scenes changes caused more issues than I thought. I caught an issue where STAB checking for moves was very wonky so this is a very important fix.

Changelog 1.6.4
  • Fixed issue with STAB calculation

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

Nifty. I didn't even know this tabletop existed. I'm not a huge Pokemon fan, more monster rancher personally although they are similar. This would be a fun game to one-shot and give a whirl. I may be surprised and really like it. :)

Fazza
Cave Troll

Post by Fazza »

And now I want to play Monster Rancher...

Yeah it's a surprisingly good system but it has a lot of things that slow it down by default and a load of paperwork to keep track of which is why I made this framework and it really helps with both of those and you can concentrate on the fun parts of the system(if I do say so myself).

Biggest slow down right now is probably inputting trainer features which is the next major thing I'm working on.

Faz
Kobold

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.6.6.6

Post by Faz »

Update 1.6.6.6

Fixed an issue that maptool had with Java 8 messing up this framework. Also 1.6.5 change log.

Changelog 1.6.5
Fixed Duklett.
Added Sweet Kiss.

Changelog 1.6.6.6
Put in work around so it would work with the twin devils of maptool 1.3b91 and java 8.
Removed daily recharge junk output.
Fixed issue with type chart not displaying immunities.
Fixed issue with berrys not displaying info.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.6.6.6

Post by Fazza »

Major Update V1.7

Okay so took a bit longer than I hoped but it's done to a level I'm happy to release. I'm sure there's something not working properly so please report any errors or issues that crop up.

Bear in mind this is a bit of a save breaking update. So it may be better to just remake all your tokens. There is a link to update all selected to 1.7 on the GM screen, this will reset all capabilities and skills so you'll need to redo all these manually and this may not work as well as I would like but it's there so if you have a lot of tokens this might be worth doing.

I will keep the last 1.04 version available if people want that for those games but I will no longer be updating it. You can get that here(Victini and stupid 13 bug fixed).
  • Updated to PTU 1.05, this is the big one all pokemon, moves, items, abilities, capabilities have been updated. Trainers no longer have attributes. Combat stage changes. Super effective changes. Status condition changes. Note: Images for new megas are missing but they are there.
  • As an extension of this a massive training overhaul to match new training. Train party now has check boxes as well as allowing you to set your training skill. Another option is train selected, this trains all selected pokemon selected that the player owns, this is based on token ownership so be cautious as a GM or if you allow players to have ownership of other's tokens.
  • Changed the way capabilities work behind the scenes, this is the main reason old tokens won't work. If you select your old tokens and hit "Update to 1.7" in the GM sheet, this will reset all capabilities so you will have to set their movements and the like. This was done for a few reasons, better form support being one of them.
  • You can now set any amount of types on a pokemon as well as set additional weaknesses/resistances/immunities and additional STAB types on the misc page. This can also be done for trainers.
  • Removed Jump capabilities from movement displayed on left and pop up sheet as this was rarely used in my games. They are still on the abilities sheet under capabilities.
  • Power and jump are now automatically calculated for trainers as well as overland and swim. Bonuses can be set in capabilities, the skills that determine them can also be set here.
  • Throw Range no longer has it's own line on the left section of trainer sheets. But it is displayed with movement now since it comes up pretty frequently. Bonuses and the skill determining it can now be set in capabilities.
  • There was an issue that caused generated pokemon to break base relation somewhat regularly, this "should" be fixed now. If you notice any issues here let me know.
  • Changed Features. Target and trigger are now split as are ingredient and access. Old features with these tags will need to be checked and updated as neccesary.
  • Skills now show rank level for trainers.
  • Pokedex can now be opened with F4 for GMs
  • Removed potential chat spam from injuries.
  • Also speed combat changes automatically change your movement capabilities.

Minor Update V1.7.1
  • Item changes. Due to fashionista and other mechanics held items and equipment are no longer limted to one item in each slot.
  • Digesetion. Rudimentary handling for now, basically you can eat any item to move it to digestion(yes you can eat a pokéball, if you make a mistake with this there is an "un-eat" option), from here you can use it. It's basically another slot for items.
  • Moves now roll a d20 if they have an ac OR a crit range. This is for moves like aerial ace which can crit even though they can't miss, I did not realise this was how that worked before now. The pre-stored moves have also been changed to reflect crit thresholds better(status moves default to none, non-miss moves are 20, moves that have extended crit range should be correct as well and work out of the box). Note this won't apply for moves that are already on tokens. Just as a note if you wish to output when trickster's pokemon crit with status moves set the crit threshold to 20 for them. Also double strike moves won't work with pass or fivestrike so don't even try it.
  • Training tweaks. Training now has a dropdown box to allow for bonus exp between 0 and 10 to be assigned. This is pretty much just for Trainer of Champions but I don't like to make rigid exceptions for single edges/features for various reasons. To handle Trainer of Champions simply set this to 5 when training(it will store this value for future training). Training exp has been brought more in line with giving XP from the pokemon sheet where the output will inform you of any moves that can be learned along with other milestones.
  • The level up output that has links for moves that can be learned is now only clickable by GMs or owners of the token.
  • Pokemon trained each day is stored for trainers, it is displayed beside train in the party sheet and refreshes upon a daily recharge.
  • When pokemon level up rather than open the input for stat modifiers immediately a link will be displayed in chat for the tokens owner/GM to click. This doesn't have to be done as the link on the stat page is still there but the auto opening could feel a bit overbearing if you didn't know exactly what you wanted to do with the level up.
  • Virtuoso no longer affects derived capabilities.
  • Fixed issue with derived capabilities not working on trainers
  • Fixed issue with creating trainer from scratch breaking on skills

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.7.1

Post by Fazza »

Minor Update V1.7.2

There should be a big update coming soonish but I've been putting it off. Did a load of bug fixes and tweaking along with some smaller additions to get my head back in it for now. As usual, let me know of any bugs encountered and I'll sort them out ASAP.
  • Added trainer progression chart. This can be accessed from the info page of trainers and the GM Screen.
  • Removed Egg Group from misc sheet of pokemon as this information is in more the pokedex and generated tokens never had egg groups assigned.
  • Added loyalty to misc sheet. This replaces egg group.
  • Swapped Long Jump and High Jump values in the pokedex due to clarification by devs that jumps are High/Long. There is a link on the GM screen that will swap all selected pokemons jumps to fix previously generated tokens.
  • Added Cheerleader conditions(Cheered, Excited, Motivated)
  • Vulnerable now sets evasions to 0
  • Rest input now has a dropdown selection rather than text box
  • Fixed issues with various moves that grant additional capabilities weren't actually being added to generated pokemon either due to inconsistencies in the PDF or mistakes on my end.
  • Fixed an issue where tokens being generated with individual moves were having their capability editting moves carrying over to subsequent tokens.
  • Fixed issues with certain moves with a hyphen in the pokedex having the hyphen being removed.
  • Fixed issue with setting pokemon skills not working.
  • Added Curse as it is in the book for reference. The two ready made curses are still there this is just so the pokedex has something to reference to.

Fazza
Cave Troll

Re: Pokemon Tabletop United(PTU) Kanto Framework 1.8

Post by Fazza »

Major Update 1.8

Okay this is a big one and with some things I've been putting off for a while but believe me it will make your life a whole lot easier, particularly if you're a GM. Features and edges are now pre-stored in the framework similar to how moves have been for a while. Adding them to a token takes just a few seconds compared to the old manual method. This is particularly useful for GMs making NPCs. Other than that a few other quality of life updates which you can read in more detail below.

This framework has come a long way since I started it back when I played PTA. It's not hugely popular I know, but I know there are a good few people that use it(if you haven't checked it out I would really recommend giving it a chance and if you have any questions on how things work don't hesitate to ask here). I've pretty much handled all the things that are needed for the games I play in and there's only a few more things to handle from the books. Beyond that supporting homebrew is a big goal of mine and is something I'll probably look at soon. Other than that it's mostly tweaks and just keeping it up to date with the core. But I would like to ask people that do use it for opinions on how I could improve it in any way. I can't make any promises but I'll at least look into any suggestions.

Important: If you are transferring old tokens into this version of the framework ensure you select them all and click the Update to 1.8 link in the GM screen. This will reset features, edges and conditions on these tokens. Unfortunatly this will mean you need to re add any features/edges that were on them before so I recommend you take note of this before hand. I made the decision that writing code to convert edges and features from the old format would be too much work and I wanted to get this out as soon as I could. I think you will see how easy it is to add features now though and that it will be worth it.

1.8 Changelog

Features and Edges now prestored: Adding features and edges should be very easy now. On the benefits page for trainers click on the features or edges header to add one. This will bring up a dropdown box that can be searched. It currently contains all features from the 4 main PDFs. If a feature has related talents like chef's recipes or martial artist's martial achievments these can be added in the relevant feature itself. Some features have this set by default but any feature can be edited to allow this. These are added in a similar way to features note that all recipes/martial achievments/blessings/etc are stored together.

Additional Conditions: This is a new tab on conditions to handle some things in the game as opposed to being actual status conditions. Cheerleader conditions have been moved here and new additions are detailed here.
  • Training and Orders: These are now handled as conditions similar to how cheerleader states were represented. These however automatically increase the relevant stats, this is just for the 4 main ones at the moment. The only thing that isn't handled nicely is Brutal trainings effect range boost since effect range has always just been a manual check in this framework. This is something I'll look at handling better soon.
  • Momentum: This is currently just for tracking the value since whether or not this should be added or not is determined by if the pokemon is targetting a tagged pokemon or not. I'll think about how to better handle this but for now bear that in mind. Once set you can view the momentum condition and increment it up or down from there pretty easily
  • Hardened: This currently prevents a hardened pokemon from having their max hp reduced past the fifth injury and the "Include Heavily Injured damage" checkbox in the HP Change input is by default unchecked even when heavily injured. Again I'll look into whether getting the other stuff is doable or not in the future but I think having it visually there is important.
  • Double Team: Another numbered condition more for tracking than anything else. Works like momentum in that once set it can be incremented from the info frame.
Other Changes
  • Capture Reset: There is now a capture reset option on the GM screen. Select any tokens that have been captured during an encounter and an input will appear allowing you to select who now owns that token. As a side note I recommend you make sure your players use the same name through out but that is something that is generally a recommendation in maptool. There is also an option to reset level modifiers which is ticked by default.
  • Skill Bonus: An all round bonus that you can set for temporary skill bonuses.
  • Experience Calculator Change: If you have tokens selected it will total up the levels(*2 for trainers as per the rules) and prepopulate the input, also it will store the number of trainers entered since this won't change too much to save a bit of time.
  • Efficiency updates: You may have noticed some things took a few seconds to work in this framework, in particular anything that has to deal with the pokedex and the capture calculator, which was a bit of an inevitability with how much data it has to deal with. So I changed the way that these work by front loading the work so it doesn't have to do it every time. As a result these should be noticably faster. Just a note on the capture calculator, rather than accessing the pokedex to determine how many stages are left it will check a property that is set when the token is generated or evolves, this however won't work on previously generated pokemon in which case it will use the older slower method.
  • Also a minor thing but something to note. Since maptool doesn't handle special characters in certain situations I've moved towards replacing the é in pokémon with a standard e. It's possible to deal with this by changing maptool settings at launch, but for the sake of simplicity for users I thought it made more sense to do this. I may change it back if maptool handles it better in the future or if I find a way that will work in the current version.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”