5e D&D Framework

Framework(s) for D&D 5e.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: 5e D&D Framework

Post by aliasmask »

dantarith wrote:The max weight calculation in "_DrawInventory@Lib:CharacterSheet" is incorrect according to PHB.
It should be:

Code: Select all

[r:Weight] / [r:Strength * 15] instead of [r:Weight] / [r:Strength * 10]
Or, am I missing some other modifier you are calculating?

***I really should use the preview option :lol:
Well depends if you're using the simple rules. Simple rules is Strength * 15 while variant encumbrance is above Strength * 5 (Encumbered, -10 move) and above Strength * 10 (Heavily Encumbered, -20 move) and disadvantage on ability checks, attack rolls and saving throws.

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

dantarith wrote:First off, thank you for creating this framework!

I have a question/request for you. On the "Ability Check" Macro would it be possible to
add a tab that says "Stat Check" and move the existing "Roll Ability" to that tab then make the "Roll Ability" tab a drop down selection with all the actual possible Ability checks i.e. Animal Handling etc? I know the current one works fine but we are still unsure of what stat goes for what check in 5e and have to stop to look them up and this feature would really help!
UPDATE: I have modified the listed skills on the "Skills" property on the Lib:CharacterSheet token with the suggested ability check modifier to make it easier for me. I figured I would post it here just to try to save someone the trouble of having to type them in too.
Spoiler
[" Saves: Charisma"," Saves: Constitution"," Saves: Dexterity"," Saves: Intelligence"," Saves: Strength"," Saves: Wisdom"," Stat: Charisma"," Stat: Constitution"," Stat: Dexterity"," Stat: Intelligence"," Stat: Strength"," Stat: Wisdom","(Expertise) Acrobatics (Dex)","(Expertise) Deception (Cha)","(Expertise) Insight (Wis)","(Expertise) Perception (Wis)","(Expertise) Stealth (Dex)","(Expertise) Thieves Tools (Dex)","Acrobatics (Dex)","All Armor","Animal Handling (Wis)","Arcana (Int)","Artisan Tools: Brewer's Supplies (Wis)","Artisan Tools: Mason's Tool (Dex)","Artisan Tools: Smith's Tools (Str)","Athletics(Str)","Climber's Kit (Dex)","Deception (Cha)","Disguise Kit(Wis)","Games: Dice Set (Dex)","Games: Dragon Chess (Int)","Games: Playing Card Set (Cha)","Herbalism Kit (Wisdom)","History (Int)","Insight (Wis)","Intimidation (Cha)","Investigation (Int)","Martial Weapons","Medicine (Wis)","Mounts - land (Wis)","Musical Instrument (Wis)","Nature (Int)","Navigator's Tools (Int)","Perception (Wis)","Performance (Cha)","Persuasion (Cha)","Religion (Int)","Shields","Simple Weapons","Sleight of Hand (Dex)","Stealth (Dex)","Stonecunning - History (Int)","Survival (Wis)","Thieves Tools (Dex)","Vehicles - Land (Int)","Artisan Tools: Carpenter's Tools (Dex)"]
Of course these are just suggestions but it's a start. :wink:

dantarith
Cave Troll

Post by dantarith »

aliasmask wrote: Well depends if you're using the simple rules. Simple rules is Strength * 15 while variant encumbrance is above Strength * 5 (Encumbered, -10 move) and above Strength * 10 (Heavily Encumbered, -20 move) and disadvantage on ability checks, attack rolls and saving throws.
Oh yeah that must be what he uses for his games. I opt for the "intentionally simple" option. Thanks again!
:wink:

afxxx
Kobold

Post by afxxx »

Hi!

Wonderful framework! Congratulations for you and your players! :)
Thanks a lot!

So far I just have two question:
1. Is there any auto/manual way to track the durations of the conditions/spells (like the Sleep's 10 turns)?

2. Is there an easy way to track the memorized spells?
I just duplicated the few memorized spell's button into an another button-group, but maybe its not the best solution?

Thanks!
A.

btw if there is any updated fw on your end, I love to test it. ;-)

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

This is awesome. I love this. Thanks so much for putting all this together.

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Hey, after quite a while I'm coming back to MapTools and D&D, this time with 5. edition, and I would very much like to try this cool framework :)
So first of all, a big thank you to all the people who contributed.

Now, I have experience with the Slim 4E framework, but as I said it's been a while and I'm currently wondering how to configure the health bars over monster tokens? I mean they show up, but they don't seem to react to HP changes and they also get shown in the wrong order I think (red, for Low, always shows if it's not hidden). Do I have to change the bar image order in the campaign settings? Why are the bars not updates when HP chagnes occur? I hope someone can help me :)

Cherno
Giant

Post by Cherno »

Found the solulution. The Change Health makro does indeed update the Health Bar... But there IS no Health bar in the campaign framework, the five bars are all named differently :) So I will just create my own Bar and name it Health, and it will work.

Psycher
Kobold

Post by Psycher »

Love your spell library, unfortunately I cannot transfer it to my campaign without reworking a couple hundred tokens to be compatible to your system.

Does anyone have something similar that can be used simply as a reference? You know, click the macro, get a spell description that pops up. I boggle at the work done to type ALL THAT INFO into macro form, my hat's off to the author, if any kind-hearted soul out there has such a reference and shares it I'll name a major NPC after you!! Hell, I'll make him/her a deity in my campaign! Like, "Lord of All Magic" =)

Dervish
Giant

Post by Dervish »

I was working on something kinda like AM's spell manager but i am no where near as skilled at coding

Psycher
Kobold

Post by Psycher »

Dervish wrote:I was working on something kinda like AM's spell manager but i am no where near as skilled at coding
I realize I need to buckle down and just do it myself. Still, a guy can dream!

Archiddeon
Kobold

Post by Archiddeon »

Amazing work!

I am very much a maptool novice having only created a few very simple maps and this is my first time using a framework. Following the steps of an earlier post helped a lot in terms of figuring out how to use macros, copy them from different tokens, etc.

My questions have to do with using the macros:
1) Say, for instance, I have Goldrek selected and want him to attack Erdain. Would I click on Goldrek's "attack" macro, manually compare the roll to Erdain's AC and, if it's a hit, click the "change hp" macro on Erdain to give him the damage? Or is there a way to select Erdain as the target and have these checks done automatically?
2) Some of the spell code doesn't seem to be displaying properly. If I have Jherek selected and cast "Command", I see the following:
Jherek: Jherek says "Approach".
« spellName = Command », Level « Slot = 1 », Min Level « minSlot = 1 »
Target(s): « Slot = 1 » Creature(s)
Casting Time: « castTime = 1 Action »
Range: « range = 60 Feet »
Component: « comp = V »
Duration: « duration = 1 Round »
Spell Save DC: « 8+SkillDie+Ws = 8 + 2 + 3 = 13 »
Effect: The target moves toward Jherek by the shortest and most direct route, ending its turn if it moves within 5 feet of Jherek.
Should that not read, on the second line for example, "Command, Level 1, Min Level 1"?
It gets a little more complicated with other spells. So still with Jherek I cast "Bless" and see the following:
Jherek: Jherek invokes a blessing of Deneir.
« json.get(jsonSpellData, "SpellName") = json.get({"SpellName":"Bless","MinSlot":1,"Type":"enchantment","Ritual":0,"CastTime":"1 Action","Range":"30 Feet","Target":"1 Creature per slot level","Components":"V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)","Duration":"Concentration, up to 1 minutes","Concentration":0,"VariableSlot":1}, "SpellName") = Bless », Level « slot = 1 » « json.get(jsonSpellData, "Type") = json.get({"SpellName":"Bless","MinSlot":1,"Type":"enchantment","Ritual":0,"CastTime":"1 Action","Range":"30 Feet","Target":"1 Creature per slot level","Components":"V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)","Duration":"Concentration, up to 1 minutes","Concentration":0,"VariableSlot":1}, "Type") = enchantment »
Casting Time: « json.get(jsonSpellData, "CastTime") = json.get({"SpellName":"Bless","MinSlot":1,"Type":"enchantment","Ritual":0,"CastTime":"1 Action","Range":"30 Feet","Target":"1 Creature per slot level","Components":"V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)","Duration":"Concentration, up to 1 minutes","Concentration":0,"VariableSlot":1}, "CastTime") = 1 Action »
Component: « json.get(jsonSpellData, "Components") = json.get({"SpellName":"Bless","MinSlot":1,"Type":"enchantment","Ritual":0,"CastTime":"1 Action","Range":"30 Feet","Target":"1 Creature per slot level","Components":"V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)","Duration":"Concentration, up to 1 minutes","Concentration":0,"VariableSlot":1}, "Components") = V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water) »
Target(s)/Range: « slot = 1 » creatures, « json.get(jsonSpellData, "Range") = json.get({"SpellName":"Bless","MinSlot":1,"Type":"enchantment","Ritual":0,"CastTime":"1 Action","Range":"30 Feet","Target":"1 Creature per slot level","Components":"V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)","Duration":"Concentration, up to 1 minutes","Concentration":0,"VariableSlot":1}, "Range") = 30 Feet »
Duration: « json.get(jsonSpellData, "Duration") = json.get({"SpellName":"Bless","MinSlot":1,"Type":"enchantment","Ritual":0,"CastTime":"1 Action","Range":"30 Feet","Target":"1 Creature per slot level","Components":"V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)","Duration":"Concentration, up to 1 minutes","Concentration":0,"VariableSlot":1}, "Duration") = Concentration, up to 1 minutes »
Effect: Whenever the target makes an Attack Roll or a Saving Throw before the spell ends, the target can add 1d4 to the Roll.
So any ideas how I can get it to display the results of the code and not the code itself? Do I have some setting incorrect?

Thanks!

afxxx
Kobold

Post by afxxx »

Hi,
Archiddeon wrote: 1) Say, for instance, I have Goldrek selected and want him to attack Erdain. Would I click on Goldrek's "attack" macro, manually compare the roll to Erdain's AC and, if it's a hit, click the "change hp" macro on Erdain to give him the damage? Or is there a way to select Erdain as the target and have these checks done automatically?
No, there is no other way.
Archiddeon wrote: 2) ...
So any ideas how I can get it to display the results of the code and not the code itself? Do I have some setting incorrect?
You should change your settings:
Preferences > Chat > Use ToolTips for Inline Rolls: [CHECK]

BEFORE:
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-1-OFF-preferences
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-1-OFF-preferences
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-1-OFF-preferences.png (7.14 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-2-OFF-Spells
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-2-OFF-Spells
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-2-OFF-varazslat.png (189.19 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
AFTER:
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-3-ON-preferences
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-3-ON-preferences
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-3-ON-preferences.png (7.2 KiB) Viewed 2753 times
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-4-ON-SPELL
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-4-ON-SPELL
ToolTips.for.Inline.rolls-4-ON-varazslat.png (70.19 KiB) Viewed 2753 times

Archiddeon
Kobold

Post by Archiddeon »

Perfect, thanks afxxx :D

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Hi all! I'm glad to see people are making use of my framework. I've made a major update (see the edited OP). Lots of new features, and I may be leaving some out, but here are the big ones:

*death saves are now tracked, and the system will take into account damage (and critical hits) while dying.

*The spellbook now contans all the new Elemental Evil spells.

*Various different player options in the PC tokens.

*A new intiative system that takes into account whether someone has advantage on initiative.

*New condition macros that indicate the effects of the condition.

*The optional system shock rules from the DMG are now an option.

*Tables and macros for the optional DMG madness rules.

Probably other stuff I'm forgetting now. I also separated all the monster and NPC tokens and put them into a separate file. I've made many more since the last update.

The cmpgn file: http://bit.ly/1NWSkaP
Monster & NPC tokens: http://bit.ly/1NWTe73

afxxx
Kobold

Post by afxxx »

Splendid! :-)
Thanks for the update, I'll try it!

Return to “D&D 5e Frameworks”