Another ADND 2nd Ed Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
malarian
Kobold

Another ADND 2nd Ed Framework

Post by malarian »

Dear All
Please fin enclosed my current framework :
Base0.cmpgn
(4.22 MiB) Downloaded 240 times
I will describe in the following post the content of it. Please feel free to comment and add value to this topic
Last edited by malarian on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

malarian
Kobold

Re: Another ADND 2nd Ed Framework

Post by malarian »

First of All
Please consider it as a testin and everyday evolving Framework. I have created it as we are 6 players spread around the world to play our old favorite game AD&D2.

To be clear at the beginning our group was quite reluctant to play via a Virtual tabletop but i think now i have managed to convince them. The approach was quite clear Lets try to keep it As simple as possible.
In order to stick to this philosophy i have tried to reduce at maximum the complexity of the macros.
In the next post i will try to provide you more information about the content of the framework.

malarian
Kobold

Post by malarian »

First :
Libraries used from other Frameworks

Lib:cifGroupSelect : Wolf42
Dice Box : Rumble
Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts) : lmarkus001
RPedit - Macro Importer/Exporter : aliasmask
Disguise : [Drop-In] [aliasmask]Disguise: Save/use multiple tkn images :aliasmask
These element are absolutely unchanged, and thanks alot :lol: :lol: to all of the programmer and contributors are these macros are unvaluable.

List of the functionnalities from the framework
Group : Communication :
1) AFK : Away from keyboard : Easy way to tell the other players you are not available (and also visible into the initiative panel)
2) Clear chat : Easy way to clean up the chat at every moment
3) Disguise (cf lib token used)
4) Whisper (cf lib token used)

Group : Communication :
This list of macro use also the initiative panel. Intent of these macro it to enable players to keep track of the passing rounds of combats from one side and to enable the GM to keep trak of the NPCs initiative (also take into consideration multiple attacks). Players are considered to be able to raise the hand when their initiative is coming.

Group : Combat:
1)StartCombatE1 : Clear the initiative panel, set round to 1, launch the the macro StartInitE1 (select NPC not dead token, set initiative) launch addAttE1 (for each token, set initiative using Json, add duplicate of initiative in case of multiple attacks, sort token by initiative for 1 to last initiative value)
2) NewroundE1 : Clear the initiative panel, define initiative for the new round and launch the macro, StartInitE1 and addAttE1.
3) EndCombatE1 : Print into the chat the infos about end of initiative. purpose of this macro is to enable the launch of specifica macros to be trigerred at end of every round
4) ClearInitiative : Clean up of the initiative pannel
Comment: All these macro are store in a combat lib token. in addition to these macro there is a simplier version were only the information sent to chat are encoded and nothing regarding init panel.

Group : Dammage:
1) Dammage : Ask via input for the damamges, prepare the output via use of the Output define user, manage Hitpoint bar, manage a visual state to define the level of damage visible by players from nothing to the following states : wounded, light wounded, heavily wounded, uncounsious and up to dead.
Comment: a difference is made between PCs and NPCs, wouds states are sets to 1%, 50%, 75%
1) Hit Points Max: Set hit points to maximum and mamnage hit bar and states
1) Dead: Set state to dead without changing Hit point values, or hit bar

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

moved topic to frameworks
malarian wrote:Lib:cifGroupSelect : Wolf42
Dice Box : Rumble
Lindsay's Generic Tools (Whisper, Move Tokens, Handouts) : lmarkus001
RPedit - Macro Importer/Exporter : aliasmask
Disguise : [Drop-In] [aliasmask]Disguise: Save/use multiple tkn images :aliasmask
These element are absolutely unchanged, and thanks alot :lol: :lol: to all of the programmer and contributors are these macros are unvaluable.
out of curiosity. Why didn't you install the Bag of Tricks. it contains ALL of the above drop-ins, consolidated into one drop-in, that AND I've made considerable improvements to them and checked compatibility AND there's a lot more available. Moreover, when someone *does* install the BoT afterwards, you will run into compatibility issues.

malarian
Kobold

Post by malarian »

Dear Wolph

To be100% honest I am quite disappointed by the difficulty to instal your BoT into an existing FW
Nevertheless i understand your point of view and will try to install it again based on your last updated version and comments
From time to time it is good to be challanged
:D

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

malarian wrote:Dear Wolph

To be100% honest I am quite disappointed by the difficulty to instal your BoT into an existing FW
Nevertheless i understand your point of view and will try to install it again based on your last updated version and comments
From time to time it is good to be challanged
:D
I spend a lot of time in making it easy to install, but improvement is apparently required. What is it with what you have difficulty with?

malarian
Kobold

Post by malarian »

Dear Wolph42

I finnally run the BOT
Following to the word here is the result

After launching initial settings
First part is OK
Spoiler
Current online GM's are: Nic  
This campaign runs in Maptool version 1.3.b91  
This campaign if powered by version 37o of the Bag of Tricks (check for updates)  
This Maptool version supports automatic vision blocking manipulation, this functionality will be enabled
All necessary Bag of Tricks tables are installed  All lib:Tokens have no owners set (this is good!).

Second part concerning states is not
Spoiler
The following states are currently NOT defined for this campaign:
- Locked: used in the Bag of Tricks for doors so the gm can lock them (doors will NOT work without this state)
- isButton: used in the Bag of Tricks for the switch buttons to operate doors
- Special Area: used in the Bag of Tricks for creating special areas (like movement limitation)
- editFieldMarker: used in the Bag of Tricks for used for Map Editor Utility
- pathFeet: used in the Bag of Tricks for path tracking (blue and red feet) If you're not planning to make use of any of these functions, you can ignore this message.
This can be easily solved so real issue

Spoiler
The following Tokens are currently NOT present in this campaign file:
- GridCoordMarker: used in the Bag of Tricks for the transparent field tokens required for the Map Editor If you're not planning to make use of any of these functions, you can ignore this message.
Where to find the token missing ? 

But i must admit a huge work has been done to ease the installation
Now need to test all functions

skotkolr
Kobold

Post by skotkolr »

I was wondering if everyone has not seen this posting?
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26076
zigged when he should have zagged.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”