Revised d6 Star Wars framework ... still in progress

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
ziltmilt
Dragon

Revised d6 Star Wars framework ... still in progress

Post by ziltmilt »

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... dJdZKIiHps

I'm sharing this file here because the Campaign Frameworks sub-forum is locked.

Someone on here uploaded a basic Star Wars d6 framework. I've taken that, along with a macro from another user to calculate distances from 2 tokens, and expanded upon this logic.

At the moment, all a token can do in combat is fire a ranged weapon; i've still got to add logic to handle the effects of cover and damage to cover. There's lots more to add to this framework: vehicle combat & movement, melee attacks, grenades & area attacks, etc. In the event I'm hit by a bus before completing, here's what I've got so far ...

EDIT -
Updated 3/6/16

It now takes cover into account and cover damage, plus I've fixed various things like Character Point usage.

EDIT -
Updated 3/24/16

Combined actions added; non-combat skill & attribute rolls

EDIT -
Updated 7/31/16

Two big updates today:
- explosives! in the Stock Characters map, there's icons for 2 different explosives. Explosives have their own set of properties and an 'Explode macro'. Depending on their ranges and damage, they'll hit entire groups of opponents.

- creatures. Creatures use the Basic property set, just like any character. After defining their Attributes, give them Special Abilities for each special attack they've got. They can then engage in melee combat using these abilities. They can also be given skills, like any character.

EDIT -
Updated 2/25/17

- added logic to pass generic damage, either energy or physical, to a token
- added the capability to split the results of a combined action between the attack roll and the damage roll; previously, the bonus all went to the attack/skill roll
- added a couple more stock characters

EDIT -
Updated 8/14/17

- 'Fire Ranged Weapon' displays a list of targets; previously this target included objects as well as tokens. Now only those objects on the token layer are displayed
- 'Move Vehicle' was updated to correctly subtract an action from a pilot token, depending on speed and terrain difficulty
There's other misc updates from the past few months, which I can't recall. But, I've cleaned up quite a bit of stuff.
Last edited by ziltmilt on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Re: Revised d6 Star Wars framework ... still in progress

Post by ziltmilt »

Given how much help I've gotten from this community, it's nice to finally be able to return the favor in some form. I'm also planning on writing up documentation on how to use the framework, once I get it closer to completion.

There's a lot of d6 Star Wars gamers still out there, so I imagine this tool will come in handy.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

I'd like to re-upload the file as I make progress. Is it OK to simply reply to this thread with a new attachment or should I overwrite the original attachment? i'm not sure how to do the latter.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ziltmilt wrote:I'd like to re-upload the file as I make progress. Is it OK to simply reply to this thread with a new attachment or should I overwrite the original attachment? i'm not sure how to do the latter.
the latter. you can edit the topic

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

Still at work, though sporadically on this framework. I've updated a couple of things since last time:

- movement & terrain logic

- setting weapons to stun

The next big thing i want to work on is grenades. There's been several threads on here on how to build logic to handle area effects that feature decreasing damage from the bulls-eye. It looks like this won't be as difficult as I had initially feared, being that GetTokens can return all tokens that are a specific distance from a specific point.

It would be fantastic to automate tossing grenades, cause one thing I always hated when GMing was when a player tossed a grenade. It was either several minutes of determining damage or hand-waving the results.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

Updated. Framework now handles Melee Combat as well as Ranged.

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

just posted another update

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

Preliminary documentation:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share ... 0F8V0YOlC2

Hot key list for players:

F2 - Fire Ranged Weapon
F3 - Grenade
F4 - Melee Attack - opposing token must be adjacent to your own
F5 -Number_of_Actions - enter a number of actions your character will take in the current round
F6 - Skill or Attribute Roll
F9 - New Round - players won't need to use this option; it's GM only
F10 - Full Reaction - if you anticipate just doing a full reaction in the current round, click this option before resolving any attacks
F11 - MinusAction - subtract an action in the round, if you do something that's not an attack, such as movement (if that movement requires an action), First Aid, etc
F12 - Defender Attacked - use this to resolve an attack on your character, whether ranged, melee or grenade. You'll know to do this after seeing a small burst symbol appear on your token. You'll get prompts, as needed, for character points, reactions, etc

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”