[ORE Games] One Rule Engine Games Framework

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
booga
Dragon

Re: [Framework] One Roll Engine Games

Post by booga »

Hi Rumble,

you're probably uber busy already, but in case you have some spare time, I'd like to make you an offer. If you'd be willing in making a Framework for CthulhuTech, I'd buy you the core rulebook (either printed or pdf version, your choice) to make up for your effort. I don't need anything pretty, just something functional. The dice rolling system is beyond my scripting skills I'm afraid.

Let me know if you'd be interested.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

booga wrote:Hi Rumble,

you're probably uber busy already, but in case you have some spare time, I'd like to make you an offer. If you'd be willing in making a Framework for CthulhuTech, I'd buy you the core rulebook (either printed or pdf version, your choice) to make up for your effort. I don't need anything pretty, just something functional. The dice rolling system is beyond my scripting skills I'm afraid.

Let me know if you'd be interested.
I'd love a free book, but I can't promise that I'll have time to actually ever make the framework, and I don't want to take your money and then fail to deliver. I do this in my very spare time, as do we all, and (to be a bit selfish) I don't want it to feel like a "job" (as in, I have to get it done because somebody compensated me for it).

I will have to decline, although it's a very nice offer, and I appreciate it.

I suggest, though, that you look up Palmer, on these forums - he was working on the Framework for Framewerk (isn't that what the system is called in C-Tech?) and was making some good progress. He might have something you can try on for size!

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

No problem,

I understand perfectly your point of view :)

You're right C-Tech uses Framewerk, so I'm going to look into your referal : it may be exactly what I need, or at least give me something to start from (I'm better at reverse engineering than scripting from scratch).

Take care.

F.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Quick bump to say that I had a request for a "lite" ORE campaign, that pretty much just has the roller in it.

That was easy, so here it is.

It contains a single Library Token, Lib:ORE, with three macros - a simple dice roller, an 'advanced' dice roller, and onCampaignLoad.

onCampaignLoad defines the function ore(), which takes a single argument, the size of the dice pool. So, to use it, just use:

Code: Select all

[ore(7)]

to roll a 7d dice pool.

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

cool,

thanks a bunch for notifying me ! I'll check it out.

Booga.

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

I'm considering using ORE to run a game when my turn to GM rolls up next. And here I thought I'd have to do some work to get it up and running and then I find you've already done a framework. Excellent. Now I can go back to being a lazy bastard. Thank you very much.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

metatheurgist wrote:I'm considering using ORE to run a game when my turn to GM rolls up next. And here I thought I'd have to do some work to get it up and running and then I find you've already done a framework. Excellent. Now I can go back to being a lazy bastard. Thank you very much.

You're welcome, you lazy bastard. ;)

In seriousness, does the framework still work properly? I haven't touched it in a while (it was basically a dice roller setup, IIRC).

metatheurgist
Dragon

Post by metatheurgist »

I just had a quick play with both of them. The ore-lite is just a dice roller, the one at the top of the post is a basic framework with a character sheet. I won't be going too deep into it yet since it'll be a while before I have to GM again.

One of the NPCs gave a json error when I tried to roll one of his skills (not sure if thats an intentional demo of the known bug with <4 skills). I thought I saw one roll that didn't count a set but I could've imagined that.

It seems to work well enough (AFAICS) for my purposes. Certainly better than writing a framework myself. :wink:

It might be month or 3 before I have to seriously start looking at planning a campaign.

IceShade
Kobold

Re: [ORE Games] One Rule Engine Games Framework

Post by IceShade »

Hello,

I have recently started a Reign campaign and came across your ORE framework for maptool. It is pretty decent for dicerolling, but a lot of functions are unfinished.

Are you still planning on updating this, or has it been trashed?

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Ah, sorry; I have no plans to update it. Shitcanned it a long time back; I'm not writing frameworks or using MapTool anymore.

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

Rumble wrote: I'm not writing frameworks or using MapTool anymore.
:cry:

Sorry to hear that. I hope its because your life is busy full of exciting stuff!

booga
Dragon

Post by booga »

Rumble wrote:Ah, sorry; I have no plans to update it. Shitcanned it a long time back; I'm not writing frameworks or using MapTool anymore.
Sorry to hear that Rumble, I hope it's because you moved on to other good things. Thank you for all your help on the forums and all the great frameworks you've shared with us !

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”