[Hero 5th ED] brad's Hero5thMacros.cmpgn

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Re: Hero 5th ED macro set, brad's

Post by Beowulfe »

I noticed the note with the campaign file that stack size needs to be set to 3. Is that for players too or just the host?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Beowulfe wrote:I noticed the note with the campaign file that stack size needs to be set to 3. Is that for players too or just the host?
Everyone. There is only one macro that I know of that breaks the bank, but it is key. The combat sheet on the character sheet. All of the calculating of combat stats I guess.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

Glitch or intented?
A power built using charges displays this in chat window
"name=Flash-Bang Arrows; amount=1; max_amount=2; clips=1; max_clips=1; Zen attacks with Flash-Bang Arrows!"
instead of just
"Zen attacks with Flash-Bang Arrows!"

Is that an output error that was supposed to keep the charges hidden?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

That is a long ago fixed glitch. Well I fixed it in the branch/personalized campaign file I made for my dark champions campaign. Sorry, I just fixed it and updated the campaign file. It was just a [r:] where a [h:] should have been. Just put in the new lib:gm token to fix.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

brad wrote:The campaign file has been updated. You will need to update both the gm:lib token and the campaign properties.

Changes:

1) Bug when checking the two-handed fighting box. It wasn't giving you the advantage of not starting the -2 cumulative penalty to OCV until the third attack. Now it is doing that.

2) If you want the default location setting to be "whole body", open up the gm:lib token and change the very first property "switch" to 1.
Ok, I am missing this. When you say open the token, you mean double click and look at properties in there? I do not see a 'switch' property to change.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Yep double click on the lib:gm token. It is the first property on the list. I just check and it is there. You updated both the lib:gm token and the campaign properties in your campaign files, right? If you don't update the campaign properties that new property won't show up.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

Ok, I gotta be doing something stupid here. I went into campaign properties and added switch:1 (also tried Switch:1) and did update so it shows in the properties on the tokens now. But when I go to make an attack, it is still defaulting to none. What am I doing wrong?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Beowulfe wrote:Ok, I gotta be doing something stupid here. I went into campaign properties and added switch:1 (also tried Switch:1) and did update so it shows in the properties on the tokens now. But when I go to make an attack, it is still defaulting to none. What am I doing wrong?
Don't go into Campaign Properties to change the property. If the property in that token has ever been changed, changing the default value of the property in the Campaign Properties will do nothing to it. I tested the switch out, so I changed the value a couple times.

Double click on the token lib:gm. Click on the Token Properties tab. The very first property at the top of the list is "switch". Change the value to 1. Save that token so you can drag it out into any campaign file. Export the Campaign Properties, so you can use that. You are now good to go.

Any of that not working?

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

Ok, got it working now. I just pulled up a fresh copy of the campaign file and copied my tokens into it. Changed the switch 1 and it worked.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

I know you said you were not doing any major changes but I just wanted to throw this out.

Is it possible to move the macros to the global window? So instead of having to select a token first to get the macros, the macros would just be in the global window and accessed from there. When you click it, it would just prompt you which token to use.

My thinking is this would maybe decrease duplication even more and remove having to have your token selected. For Players, not a big deal. For a GM, that could mean having to select more. Just a thought. Do you think that would even help improve any performance?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Beowulfe wrote:I know you said you were not doing any major changes but I just wanted to throw this out.

Is it possible to move the macros to the global window? So instead of having to select a token first to get the macros, the macros would just be in the global window and accessed from there. When you click it, it would just prompt you which token to use.

My thinking is this would maybe decrease duplication even more and remove having to have your token selected. For Players, not a big deal. For a GM, that could mean having to select more. Just a thought. Do you think that would even help improve any performance?
It would not improve performance. The macros would still have to run like it does now. You would still have to select a token before you ran the macro, so it new what token(s) to run the macros on. If you have the "run on selected tokens" checked on a global macro and nothing selected, it just does nothing.

To help out the players you could have them start impersonating their tokens and using the Impersonate macro window. Then their macros would always show, even when they had nothing selected, as long as they kept impersonating. That wouldn't work so well for the gm obviously.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

Well, that works. Took me a minute to figure out what you meant. I have actually never used that window. I have always used the Selected one. That definitely makes the Find Token useful now. :D Thanks for the work.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

Ding! Me again. Passenger 27h.

Is there an easy way to set it so that when you execute a macro, the character sheet loads in the background instead of popping to the front? I have it set so that the windows are in tabs but it brings that tab to the front. I just didn't know if there is a switch or something to tell it not to do that. Thanks.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

The only way I have found is to pin the character sheet to the side and just click on it when you need it. Then it updates, but stays pinned out of the way.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

Is it fairly easy to change the output of the macros? And by that I mean instead of having the popup box for the gm, can the results of the die roll just be displayed in chat? I know they used to be so I did not know how much of a change it would be or where in all the code that is located. Thanks.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”