[Hero 5th ED] brad's Hero5thMacros.cmpgn

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
brad
Great Wyrm

Re: Hero 5th ED macro set, brad's

Post by brad »

Beowulfe wrote:Is it fairly easy to change the output of the macros? And by that I mean instead of having the popup box for the gm, can the results of the die roll just be displayed in chat? I know they used to be so I did not know how much of a change it would be or where in all the code that is located. Thanks.
It could be changed back and some of the information trimmed back. Not that much work. Since you are probably the only one using this framework(I have a customized version for my Dark Champions campaign) I can switch it back for you. Simple code, it is just in a half dozen places. So, give me a little time.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

Thank you sir. Glad to know your work is not just sitting idol. No big rush on it.

Bengalelf
Dragon

Post by Bengalelf »

Hey Brad,
I know it has been awhile since we talked. I still use your macros every other Saturday.

I have a question about one of your macros for 5th Hero's. Under the macro Power Effect, Mind Control. I notice after the information is entered into the macro and it runs, it gives a printout in the chat window that says "Succeeded if Postivie". It then displays a number. My question is about this number. Is this the number that the mind control has left over after the desired level is achieved? I have noticed that sometimes the number is greater than 5. According to page 118 of revised rules, it says that the Breakout Roll is modified by -1 for every 5 points of effect rolled over the minimum needed to achieve the desired level of effect.

If I am correct, I would start modifing Breakout roles. I just added an egoist to the party, so we just recently started using the mind effect marcos. :-)

Also do the macros work with the lastest edition of maptool? I am still using version 1.3b 63. :-)

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Beowulf, sorry I have taken so long. I got involved in other projects and forgot. I am still out of town for a few more days, but I will work on that first when I get back. Bengalelf. Happy to hear my work is still getting use. With 6th edition out I had figured that myself and Beowulf were the only ones using it. I believe you are correct about the print out being the excess. I will double check when I get back into town. I have never used these macros past b63. That is what I am still using. With the changes I am aware of they should work. If not you would just throw an error, but as macros go I don't have any real advanced stuff in there so there shouldn't be a problem.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Bengalelf. Had a quick minute to glance at this tonight. For Power Effects, the mental stuff gives you how much you beat the target number by. It takes into account your ego, defense, and all the other stuff it asks for. I did find a bug under Mind Control though. I accidentally have the, "is the order worded well or poorly" as a check box. It should be a list and is defaulting to "worded poorly" because of this. I will fix this when I modify the output format for Beowulfe. Just uncheck it for normal, for the time being.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Updated. The fix for Power Effects/Mind Control, so the there is a list instead of a checkbox for how well a command is worded.

Beowulfe. Tell me if the fix is good for you. I am assuming your issue wasn't that a bunch of the information was put into storage, but rather that it was always popping up to the gm. It wasn't supposed to be unless you clicked on the link and I am still not sure why it was. Though I have had some quirky issues with [g:] before and it may have been that. In any case I changed it so the link should just always print to everyone now. Though how it works is it will give the extra output for whatever token is selected. I guess now you can select tokens you can't own, so I don't know if players will be able to access the info for a NPCs last roll or not.

Tell me how it works for you. I will be testing it this Wednesday.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

We were using this last night and came across an error when I use the macros. Seems to work for others but when I ran the macros, they seemed to work but also got this message:

« " " + macroLink("Extra Output", "extra@lib:gm", "none", "", "selected") = "
" + macroLink("Extra Output", "extra@lib:gm", "none", "", "selected") =
Extra Output »

I have stacks set to 4. Any ideas?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

CoveredInFish wrote:Probably a preferences thing, please read this post.
That is the reason.

todwag
Kobold

Post by todwag »

Awesome work on the macro set, Brad. I'm glad I'm not the only hold out that likes Hero System:) Your tutorials are outstanding and quite professional.

I'm having a problem and I hope you know the solution. Whenever I click the Attack Powers macro on your test token, Yakov, and fill out the values (or leave them default) I get a stack overflow error as shown below.

I'm brand new to Maptool and have only used it for a week or two so I'm thinking this is a setting issue somewhere. Also I get a very similar error when using the Dicebox macro set from rptools.

Any help is appreciated.

System info:
Window 7
Java 1.6.0_23 (latest)
Maptool 1.3.b80
HeroSysMacro 10/16/2010 (from this thread)
MAXMEM=512
MINMEM=64
STACKSIZE=4
JVM=javaw
PROMPT=true
Attachments
StackOverflow.PNG
StackOverflow.PNG (389.84 KiB) Viewed 3794 times

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Glad you like the macro set and the tutorials.

I am very surprised you are getting a stack overflow with a Stack of 4. I found it needed 3 and always ran it with 4 just in case I would add something more at some point. Though I have never run this framework in anything past b63. I wonder if there could be a change that is eating more memory somewhere. I would say try a stack of 5 and if that doesn't work 6 and just for test purposes even 7 and 8(though that is getting high). If none of those work I will look into it. I won't have the time for a month or two. I am just getting a Call of Cthulhu campaign up and running and any spare gaming time is going into that at the moment.

todwag
Kobold

Post by todwag »

Thanks for the fast reply. I think I solved my problem. It's a long story but maybe some other person with this problem will read this.

My real problem is one with black windows. See http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... ck+window+

In fixing my video issue, I modified LaunchMapTool.bat to include -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false and lost my stack size setting. I didn't realize that launching maptool with this bat instead of MapToolLaunch.exe ignores the mt.cfg file. Without mt.cfg setting my stack size to 4M, I got the stack overflow error.

My final bat file that solves my black windows and sets my memory to what I need is:
javaw -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Xmx512M -Xms128M -Xss4M -jar maptool-*.jar run

PS: I know my video problem is a driver/directX issue but both are up to date and this is the only solution I know.

Beowulfe
Cave Troll

Post by Beowulfe »

It's me again, passenger 27h.

How difficult would it be to modify the output of the initiative tool you have to spit out either the start of each new phase/turn or at least put that in the line "blank has recieved initiative"?

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Beowulfe wrote:It's me again, passenger 27h.

How difficult would it be to modify the output of the initiative tool you have to spit out either the start of each new phase/turn or at least put that in the line "blank has recieved initiative"?
Hey Beowulfe. I would think that would be very easy. I am out of town at the moment though. Give me a week or so.

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

Added the feature requested by Beowulf. When you hit "End Phase" it now says. "(insert name of token receiving initiative here) receives initiative."

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”