[Hackmaster Basic] HMB_Lite / HMB_Template

MapTool campaign files that encapsulate properties, tokens, and macros for a particular ruleset or game world. "Framework" is often abbreviated "FW".

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Forum rules
This forum is LOCKED. If a thread belongs here, use the "Report" feature of the post to let a moderator know to move it. General discussion should occur in the User Creations or MapTool forums.
Sir Flak
Dragon

[Hackmaster Basic] HMB_Lite / HMB_Template

Post by Sir Flak »

This is a framework for Kenzerco's Hackmaster Basic Fantasy Roleplaying game.

Lite Version

This version contains the Lite version of the framework. This version is intended to supplement face to face games or low automation play styles. It basically only includes the Init tracker. To use unzip the folder. Drag the lib token into your campaign. Then import the campaign macro set. Tokens to be used in the initiative tracker must be setup with the setup macro.
HMB_Lite_b84v1.00.zip
Lite Framework. The zip contains a Lib:Token and some Campaign Macros.
(37.24 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
InitTrack.png
InitTrack.png (6.32 KiB) Viewed 10646 times
Full Version

Ok I've been working on a character sheet for Hackmaster Basic. I believe it is at a state in which its usable for a game. A special thanks to Pyro's Universal Inventory System, as I used it as the base for the equipment management. I added several modification's and new functions to it to allow tokens to reference the master inventory databases on the Lib token.

The character generator is working well enough to prep your token for play. You'll notice as you use it, it doesn't do all the character generation steps. Their will be some step you can just do manually. I'd recommend having your Character on paper and basically just entering the data that the character sheet is currently tracking (mostly combat related stuff).

I disabled the auto-refresh of the Character Sheet due to performance issues. If you make a change and it doesn't seem to show up press F5 again or click a tab or something and it will refresh.

I'll keep this link updated with the latest version of the frame work.
Hmb_Template_b86v1.95.cmpgn
Full Version.
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 621 times
Loading Framework
1: Download Maptool version 1.3b86 or higher.
2: Download the Campaign File above.
3: Run On windows run MaptoolLauncher.exe Make sure the memory is set for 512, 64, 2.
4: Once maptool has opened go to click File->Open in the menu.
5: Navigate to where you saved the framework campaign file and Open it.

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Setting Up a New Character Token
    1: Drag a new token onto the Map
    2: Change its Properties Type to "HM_PC"
    • Double Click Token
    • config tab
    • Properties drop down
    • Select "HM_PC"
    • If you want: you can also make it visible to player, assign permissions, and make it a PC at this time
    • Click OK to Close Dialog
    3:Impersonate Token (note if you change the name you have to un-impersonate and then re-impersonate)
    4:Run the Character Generator on the Token (this will set up all the variables correctly)
    • Click F5 or Click the "DisplayGenCharForm" Campaign macro
    • A dialog appears, Enter the PC's Final Ability Scores, Race, Class, and HP roll on the class hit die.
    • There will be a couple second pause as the macro populates your skills (ie builds the data structure and puts scores into your universal skills).
    • Pick your class and enter BP spent.
    • Click "Skills"
    • Type in the total amount for each skill that you put points in to master (the untrained universals should already have the correct scores)
    • For skills with subtypes type in a subtype in the box and then the total amount. Note you can only add one subtype at a time.
    • CLick Next and after a slight pause it will bring you back to the STP page. If you need to add more subtypes click "Skills" again.
    • Proficiencies,Talents, and Specializations have an ugly GUI in the character generator. I'd suggest just adding them directly to the character sheet later.
    • If you don't care about ugly you can click through each one of the STP buttons and add stuff.
    • When you're done Click Next to finish.
PC_Entry.png
PC_Entry.png (8.14 KiB) Viewed 9469 times
  • Opening The Character Sheet
    1: Make Sure the Token you setup is Impersonated
    2: Press F5 or click "ShowCharacterSheet" campaign macro.
  • The Main Sheet
    The Main Sheet Has 4 Areas, several of the sub areas can be expanded or collapsed by clicking their respective arrows on the left hand side. Collapsed areas take up less room but also require less macro calculations so collapsing areas allows the sheet to draw faster as well. The skills section seems to be the slowest part. I may change the way I'm organizing skills at some point to see if that improves.
    ShtMain.png
    ShtMain.png (9.4 KiB) Viewed 10648 times
  • The Particulars Sheet
    The Particulars Sheet Has 3 Areas: Specialization,Proficiency, Talent.

You can add a specializations by pressing the button. You'd then select what weapon you are specializing and what bonuses you have. I consolidate all my specs for each weapon into one entry to save on bloat. So a longsword with 1 spec in everything would be {Longsword,+1,-1,+1,+1}. You can edit an existing one by clicking details. Specializations are used in calculating combat profiles on the main sheet.

You can add a proficiencies by pressing the button. You can name it, select an appropriate type. Note: At the moment whether or not you have a weapon proficiency has no affect on your combat profile. So its pretty much just for reference. If you'd like to give yourself a penalty in a weapon that your using but don't have proficiency just add a specialization/talent in that weapon on put negative modifiers in it. Proficiencies can be added with the "Detail" button.

You can add Talents with by pressing the ADD button. You can give it a name and description. The type is important. For it to affect your combat profile you must choose a combat effect. Constant means the modifiers are always in effect regardless of equipment (ie. elven defense, dwarven reach). Weapon and armor provided their modifiers only when you have that item type equipped. Select the type from the next drop down. The modifiers for the talent are at the bottom. Non combat talents ignore the modifiers. You can edit a talent with the "Detail" button.
    ShtPrt.png
    ShtPrt.png (7.86 KiB) Viewed 10647 times
  • The Equipment Sheet
    The Equipment Sheet Has 5 Categories: Armor,Melee, Range, Shield, Misc.

You can add equipment with the ADD button at the bottom of the page. Note: At the moment only a GM can add a Magical/Masterwork combat item (they will see an area with special properties in the add item dialog). To add the item: click the button, select the item and quantity, and Press ADD. A the moment no custom items can be added, only items from the book (though a GM could modify the master database and add more stuff). Use you paper character sheet for random stuff. Items can be edited with the Detail button.

Equipping there is simple logic for equipping items. It does not check for illegal setups (ie longbow/2Hsword with a shield). Equipped Items affect your combat profile. Note: if your combat profile ever seems like it hasn't refreshed, equip/de-equip an item. It will run a new calculation for the combat profile.
ShtEquip.png
ShtEquip.png (7.64 KiB) Viewed 10646 times
Attachments
NPCEntry.png
NPCEntry.png (11.19 KiB) Viewed 9469 times
Last edited by Sir Flak on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 am, edited 83 times in total.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Re: Aces & Eights: Framework

Post by Sir Flak »

reserved

Sir Flak
Dragon

Re: Aces & Eights: Framework

Post by Sir Flak »

reserved

Sir Flak
Dragon

Re: Aces & Eights/Hackmaster Basic: Framework

Post by Sir Flak »

Posted a beta version of the changes I'm working on (ie character sheet & character generator). Let me know if you have any ideas for making the interface more intuitive.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Posted an update v5. This version should be usable. I'll hopfully be playing on tuesday so I'll get a better idea of exactly what more people would like once my players get a hold of it.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Screen shots updated and instructions posted.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Fixed a couple of small bugs, in the character generator. Also added a little feature in the initiative tracker I thought of while playtesting. You can now put equations into the box when adjusting your count. So you could modify your current count by 1d4 or something.

It is useful when you get a knock back or something and it resets an enemy's weapon count. Instead of trying to to the math in my head or move them back to the current count then add their weapon speed back on, I just type the current count plus their speed with literal checked. Something like 27+12. It will evaluated it before adjusting the count of that token. Kewl.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

posted a small update that fixes a bug in the equipment section of the sheet. Before the miscellaneous items would not let you add more than two items. This is fixed.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

A few more fixes and some new features.

I split all the Init stuff into its own LIB token. Since It keeps track of all the stuff in variable on the LIB token that means it gets passed back and forth every time someone updates their init. Having only the functions it needs on there should reduce overhead. When you update your initiative the number now defaults to your weapon speed instead of 0.

Changed around what campaign macros are available. Wound management features got built into the character sheet's functionality.

Added a half damage button. It should figure out how to roll half damage correctly based on the damage type of your equipped weapon (crushing,hacking,piercing).

Fixed a bug in the edit item dialog.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

Posted an update to the HMb development version. I added combat stat calculations up to level ten from the KODT previews. I also fixed a few things like some weird cases where some range weapons not auto filling their speed correctly when your updating the count of your token.

I am still playing around with a Monster Sheet but its not ready yet.

I also added some states to the campaign that I thought would be useful, and changed some of the state pictures to popular ones from adybaby.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

v1.59 released

Added Ranger and Rogue Classes from KODT/Hackjournal.

Updated the skill check to let you choose difficulties and opposed rolls.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Re: Hackmaster Basic: Framework

Post by Sir Flak »

v1.60 released

There was a character gen GUI bug in the radio buttons for selecting class. I had added two buttons for the ranger and rogue but on the dialog they both said "thief". I corrected this.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

v1.61 posted

Added popup dialogs for in the attack and defense macros. This required an update to the campaign properties.

Fixed The UpdateInit macro button it wasn't pointing at right library.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

V 1.62

The new attack and defense macros were not displaying "CRIT" or "perfect defense" properly (only showed up if you rolled no penetration after you rolled your 20). The old ones did so I tweaked it to fix this.

Sir Flak
Dragon

Post by Sir Flak »

v1.64

Changed the Character input forms.
Fixed a couple typos in the skill chart.
I have some NPC stuff in here that is still in the BETA stages. You can mess with it if you want but it will likely change in future versions.

Return to “Campaign Frameworks”