Forest encounter map

For everything about graphics/tokens developed by users and offered for others to use in their games.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

simonutp
Giant

Forest encounter map

Post by simonutp »

Here is the map I made for the second encounter of "Armageddon's echo" : hunters in the forest.
In this encounter the PCs are ambushed by forst drakes flying from huge tree branches.
I tried to make a new (for me) kind of forset map, not using the beautifull top down trees found in the dundjinni forums, but only their trunks and shadow of foliage.

What do you think of it?

JML
Dragon

Re: Forest encounter map

Post by JML »

Nice… in a very dark mood.

kyuss11
Giant

Post by kyuss11 »

I like the dark setting this forest brings,and it would definitely make for a easier surprise ambush attack from above.Very nice :)

Toby
Giant

Post by Toby »

I like the slightly confusing background - it does a pretty good job of capturing the feeling of limited vision due to undergrowth and the variety of visual stimuli present in the woods.

Did you put vision blocking on the tree trunks when you used it? (or will you)

Toby

Teiwaz
Kobold

Post by Teiwaz »

Any chance of making your versions of these trees available? (Assuming you have them as separate objects.) This is precisely the style I'd like to use in my campaign, as it's clear that they're trees without all the foliage in the way obscuring the gamespace.

Return to “Tilesets, Token Libraries, and Complete Maps”