RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:59 pm 






Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Previous topic | Next topic 

  Print view

Author Message
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: [Map] Dwimmermount complete
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:32 pm 
I have completed a project to make a MapTool campaign for the mega dungeon Dwimmermount. The project includes levels 0 to 8 using the set of tiles from Torstan, and the cave walls by Fuzz (thanks to both, they are fantastic). Level 7 is the direct map from Tim, as I could not find any other way of making it justice. Level 9 is a city / wilderness level, so I will not be adapting it.

I have created a full campaign file with my ACKS framework, and the individual levels are also to download as separate files, see below. The version of the campaign file is 1.3.b87. All the maps include line of sight. I have not added many elements to the dungeon besides the walls and the few symbols that appear on the original map.

Downloads:
Credits
Full campaign file
Level 0: The Divintarium
Level 1: Path of Mavors
Level 2A: Laboratory
Level 2B: Reliquary
Level 3A: House of Portals
Level 3B: Reservoir
Level 4: Halls of Lesser Secrets
Level 5: Halls of Greater Secrets
Level 6A: The Ossuaries
Level 6B: The Manufactory
Level 7: The Deep Hollows
Level 8: The Prision


Last edited by zapicm on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:25 am, edited 13 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 am
Posts: 9440
Location: Netherlands
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st level
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:48 am 
Very nice, quite a bit of work. Thanks for sharing
One thing, I was checking out how the caves looked from the players perspective when I noticed you forgot a vbl on coord 13,87 and 16,82 (you can see coords on the lower right of your screen)

If you're going to do other levels, you can connect them by using the teleport pads from my bag of tricks (link in sig.) check it out.

_________________
GETTING STARTED WITH MAPTOOLS - TUTORIALS, DOCS, VIDEOS, TOOLS, ETC

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st level
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:26 pm 
Thank you for noticing the vbl. I was so focused on the external walls that I forgot some of the internal areas. Also, I never realized about the coordinates, so thanks for adding that tip. I have updated the file on the original link.

I am planning to keep adding levels, so I will definitively take a look at your teleporter pads. I am still not sure on the final implementation, but it really covers one area that I was not sure about.

Thanks again!


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Dragon
 
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:37 am
Posts: 739
Location: Limoges/Guéret, France
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st level
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:48 am 
Oh great !
I plan to play an occasional campaign set in Dwimmermount (when we can't play the regular ones, short of a player, for exeample) and this will come handy.
THanks.

_________________
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st and 2nd levels
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 am 
I have updated the map with the second level, and revised the VBL on level 1. I am working on incorporating a macro to move tokens from map to map, but I am still not sure on how to do it simple. Wolph macro is awesome, but I am too green to understand how it works.

Enjoy!


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 am
Posts: 9440
Location: Netherlands
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st and 2nd levels
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:11 pm 
zapicm wrote:
I have updated the map with the second level, and revised the VBL on level 1. I am working on incorporating a macro to move tokens from map to map, but I am still not sure on how to do it simple. Wolph macro is awesome, but I am too green to understand how it works.

Enjoy!


Watch the vids

_________________
GETTING STARTED WITH MAPTOOLS - TUTORIALS, DOCS, VIDEOS, TOOLS, ETC

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st and 2nd levels
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:22 am 
Thank you, that was very informative. I am trying to keep the map as simple as possible, so I am not planning to include the bag of tricks directly. What I will do is to rename all the stairs tiles with the naming convention that your macros use, so it will be easier for anyone to incorporate the macros to their games.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 am
Posts: 9440
Location: Netherlands
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1st and 2nd levels
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 am 
zapicm wrote:
Thank you, that was very informative. I am trying to keep the map as simple as possible, so I am not planning to include the bag of tricks directly. What I will do is to rename all the stairs tiles with the naming convention that your macros use, so it will be easier for anyone to incorporate the macros to their games.

Thanks!


thats a nice alternative!

_________________
GETTING STARTED WITH MAPTOOLS - TUTORIALS, DOCS, VIDEOS, TOOLS, ETC

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A and 3A levels
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:49 pm 
Level 3A is ready, same link as before. I have used a different technique for the VBL this time (full VBL and carve the rooms vs. outline each room), and it was much easier than before. I will keep it for the other levels.
I have also included the naming convention for the teleporters from Wolph42's bag of tricks to the stairs. The module itself is not included in the map.

Enjoy!


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Deity
 
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 am
Posts: 9440
Location: Netherlands
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A and 3A levels
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:48 am 
zapicm wrote:
Level 3A is ready, same link as before. I have used a different technique for the VBL this time (full VBL and carve the rooms vs. outline each room), and it was much easier than before. I will keep it for the other levels.
I have also included the naming convention for the teleporters from Wolph42's bag of tricks to the stairs. The module itself is not included in the map.

Enjoy!


holy cow batman, those maps are HUGE, awesome work.
I did run a check on your maps with the bag of tricks and got a couple of errors:
Error: found only one InterPad 1 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 2 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 3 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 10 on map Level 2A

for the interpads to work, they need to be paired, e.g. 'interPad 1' on 'level 1', is connected to 'interPad 1' on any other level. If another 'InterPad 1' is not found on another level, then obviously it can't be paired and will thus not work. To fix this you simply need to make sure that those two pads have (stairs on lvl 1 connected to stairs lvl2) have the same number.

_________________
GETTING STARTED WITH MAPTOOLS - TUTORIALS, DOCS, VIDEOS, TOOLS, ETC

My stuff
Excel Tools: Table and Light editors
MT Tools: Bag of Tricks: Tools for Maptool, Dungeon Builder I, Dungeon Builder II,onMouseOverEvent and
DPI.
Frameworks: Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War, SET Card Game, RoboRally
Wiki: Debugging Tutorial, Speed Up Your Macros, Working With Two CODE Levels, Shortcut Keys, Avoiding Stack Overflow, READ THIS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A and 3A levels
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:32 pm 
wolph42 wrote:
zapicm wrote:
Level 3A is ready, same link as before. I have used a different technique for the VBL this time (full VBL and carve the rooms vs. outline each room), and it was much easier than before. I will keep it for the other levels.
I have also included the naming convention for the teleporters from Wolph42's bag of tricks to the stairs. The module itself is not included in the map.

Enjoy!


holy cow batman, those maps are HUGE, awesome work.
I did run a check on your maps with the bag of tricks and got a couple of errors:
Error: found only one InterPad 1 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 2 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 3 on map Level 1
Error: found only one InterPad 10 on map Level 2A

for the interpads to work, they need to be paired, e.g. 'interPad 1' on 'level 1', is connected to 'interPad 1' on any other level. If another 'InterPad 1' is not found on another level, then obviously it can't be paired and will thus not work. To fix this you simply need to make sure that those two pads have (stairs on lvl 1 connected to stairs lvl2) have the same number.

Thanks for the feedback. I missed the stairs that connect to InterPad 10 completely on map 3A. The pads 1 to 3 are there for the level 2B, that it is still in the works. I have renamed them to InterPadx in the meantime, so they don't trigger errors. I have uploaded a new version with just those changes.

Yes, the maps are really huge; I am loving the challenge :) I am half way there at this point, unless the final release of the module have more maps in stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A, 2B and 3A levels
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm 
Added level 2B to the map


Top
 Profile  
 
User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm
 
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:35 am
Posts: 1001
Location: California
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A, 2B and 3A levels
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:23 pm 
Great job a lot of work went into this thanks. It's too bad I can't get the module to go with it. The kickstarter seems to be closed to donations.

_________________
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2A, 2B and 3A levels
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 pm 
I am sure that they will eventually publish it for sale. Maybe by that time I would have finished, the current levels are just half of it :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Offline
Kobold
 
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 16
 Post subject: Re: [Map] Dwimmermount 1, 2 & 3 levels
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm 
Updated map with level 3B. I have also recreated the VBL on level 2A.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 243 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest





Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

Style based on Andreas08 by Andreas Viklund

Style by Elizabeth Shulman