Tileset: Simple Bevel Edge 50px

For everything about graphics/tokens developed by users and offered for others to use in their games.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Tileset: Simple Bevel Edge 50px

Post by Jagged »

I play entirely online, so I like to build maps for quickness. All at 50 pixels a square. Quick to build and quicker to download. So I am a big fan of tilesets. I wanted a simple bevelled edge tileset, but couldn't find one. So I thought I'd offer mine, for anyone else that wants to build low-resource maps quickly.

To use the tileset: Set your map to 50px grid. Pick two textures, one for walls and one for floors. Selecting the background layer, block in the background in the wall texture. Then block in the rooms and corridors with the floor texture, making sure to stick to the grid.

Drag a tile to the background, set it to snap to grid, position it, then copy it to all similar positions. Continue with the other tiles. I usually start with the inner corners, then the walls and finally the outer corners.

Finally set your draw colour to the wall texture, set the thickness to 10, and the fill colour to empty, and draw round the walls. This will create an "in-fill" of 5 pixels that will sit underneath the bevelled edge of the tiles. Job done!
Simple Example
Real Map Example
Tileset
Last edited by Jagged on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cherno
Giant

Re: Simple Bevel Edge Tileset 50px

Post by Cherno »

Looks good :)

Return to “Tilesets, Token Libraries, and Complete Maps”