IC: Between Session RPing and information

Moderator: tygaran

imperialjunkie
Giant

Re: IC: Between Session RPing and information

Post by imperialjunkie »

Miriam briefly glances at the slain succubus with disgust, and then looks down at the body of one of the humans that attacked the Radiant Blade in league with the devil. She stares especially at the swirl of harsh color on her neck-- the aberrant dragonmark that secured her acceptance into the demented House Tarkanan.

"What could move a woman to serve such a vile creature?" she says audibly to herself.

More thoughts swirl in her head. Was it the mark that brought the madness? Or was it her own free will? Did the world reject her for it, driving her to find others of her kind among Tarkanan?

She speaks out loud again, this time to the others. "For Tarkanan to move this openly, there must be powerful forces at work. The portents of doom swirl around you, Aristillus. The Draconic Prophecy continues to tilt towards Khyber. We must make haste to Arcanix and find this Morac before all hope is lost. I just wish that something beyond your own investigations were leading us there."

Miriam mouths a prayer for guidance from the Voice of the Flame.

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Since one player missed this...

After the battle with the trolls...

GM: Suddenly, Aris and Sid feel another Manifest Zone incursion overlapping with this one. One ice wall cracks open and a huge tentalce emerges near Amarok...a Kraken! It whips its tentacle about him and starts constricting as it pulls him downwards...and as the Zone starts collapsing!

Siddhartha: Is there no escape from this particular zone?

GM: The last thing you see as the two vanish is the double shard pop off amarok
GM: A flash of energy seems to streak towards Besty and the group finds just the metallic Sphere Amarok first found

Siddhartha: *raises his staff to defend Amarok as yet another planar strike assails the group!*

(GM as) Aristillus: "It just had to be a real Kraken. Figures"

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

(because I missed this before we all took off for the night)

*smiles briefly at Samuel's comment*
It is... interesting... that you would think it... odd... for me to be standing in my own tomb. *slightly more solemn* I would think this... mundane... for one who himself could not be slain even once.

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

*while the other party members mend their wounds and Aristillus begins examining the newly opened portal, Siddhartha wanders the vast chamber the Radiant Blade now occupies. He attempts to find meaning and order in the strange symbol winding its way throughout the entire room, searching for traces of power - corrupt or otherwise. Following his thorough study, he proceeds to the darkest recesses and far eastern sub-structure, looking for any hint as to what purpose this terrible place now serves. Moving slowly and deliberately, he is also seen to be keeping one careful and concerned eye on poor Betsy, who seems to have been most affected by the power here.*

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Terri reporting.

Lady Thiera, Commander Aristillus and the Radiant Blade have set out into the Mournlands to recover the Diamond Shard. My standing orders are to only contact them every three days, so will report further once I contact him again. I felt it prudent to detail the status of each Shard, as we know them, so Inspector Alora and Master Quoros are informed about where to continue their own investigations. It is our understanding that there are 13 Shards in total, each connected in some fashion to the outer planes of Eberron.

Daanvi, the Perfect Order... Diamond Shard... Currently under investigation by the Radiant Blade

Dal Quor, the Region of Dreams... Dreaming Shard aka Star Shard... In the hands of Commander Aristillus; attuned. Also of note here is the spiritual presence of a star entity said to be a Daughter of Siberys. This being, called Aurora, appears to be integrated into the Nightstar itself.

Dolurrh, the Realm of the Dead... Empty Shard... Believed to have been absorbed into the Shade of Carolin Alcomi. Lady Carolin appears to be a sentient Shade under the influence of one Lady Corvus, a powerful entity within the Shadowfell

Fernia, the Sea of Fire... Flaming Shard / Crimson Shard... Currently acquired by the Radiant Blade, but has gone through several hands. Information obtained in Gatherhold suggests this Shard has become 'flawed,' but the exact meaning of this is unknown among the Radiant Blade. Currently stored in the Nightstar's vault

Irian, the Eternal Day... Dawn Shard... In the hands of Master Samuel; attuned

Kythri, the Churning Chaos... Warp Shard... Once belonging to the Mercenary called Morac, this shard fractured upon his death. However, it has later been restored and then absorbed into the star entity called Realis; possibly another Daughter of Siberys. Realis is currently aboard the Nightstar

Lamannia, the Twilght Forest... Moon Shard... Moonspeaker Fiora is believed to know the full details of this Shard. Based on various pieces of information, this agent believe the shifter, Miss Rain, to be attuned to the Moon Shard

Mabar, the Endless Night... Dark Shard... Known to be in enemy hands. Possessed by an ex-Priestess to Lady Corvus named Markella; current whereabouts uncertain. Inspector Alora's last report suggested Markella has begun to operate out of Atur, in Karrnath

Risia, the Plain of Ice... Frost Shard... Once possessed by "Boss" Shananna of the Radiant Blade, this Shard was also in enemy hands until recovered by the Radiant Blade. While it is also reported to be "flawed", upon Master Siddhartha's recommendation this Shard has been magically tied to the Nightstar's Sending Stone, and can contact "Boss" Shananna in a place called 'Rimekeep', presumably within Risia itself.

Shavarath, the Battleground... Shard of Battle... Once embedded in Amarok, this Shard lost its attunement to him when Amarok disappeared into a Manifest Zone. While Amarok has returned, a re-attunement has not occurred. The Shard is currently stored within the Nightstar's vault

Syrania, the Azure Sky... Sky Shard... Status uncertain. Priestess of the Silver Flame, Miriam, last known to be in possession of this Shard. However, upon her return to the Radiant Blade, the Shard was not in evidence. GM NOTE: I don't recall offhand if Miriam has informed the Radiant Blade what has occurred to this shard between Morac's Sanctuary and Miriam rejoining the Blade

Thelanis, the Faerie Court... Fey Shard... In the hands of Master Siddhartha; attuned

Xoriat, the Realm of Madness... Morphic Shard... In the hands of miss Betsy. True attunement is uncertain. miss Betsy has been known to transform into a being calling itself Elyxza, a Daughter of Siberys. Due to the connections of this shard, such statements can either be fact or a mad belief.

Personal reflection
This agent has recently come to the conclusion that the power of the Shards stems from these "Daughters of Siberys," and hence that more such beings might be found within Eberron. This is mere speculation at this point, but this agent felt the conjecture worthy of note.

End Transmission

Kakigogo
Cave Troll

Post by Kakigogo »

Some Entries from Betsy's Diary over the down time we had.

Diary Entry # 602

Wood God still perplexes me. Of all the horror stories of him my father told me, none seem to be true, with the exception of his power in battle. I’m starting to think maybe my father had something against Wood God personally, but I will still remain on my guard. One thing Wood God is useful for is his knowledge of… everything. I decided to speak to him about this dragon inside of me. He told me many things, most of which I don’t really understand. It appears that he is genuinely concerned with my well-being, or maybe he is just interested about what goes on inside my head, or maybe both. He told me about the connection to the shard, making the dragon come to light, and that he wasn’t sure if it was a good creature or not. One thing he did notice is that I appear to be able to use some of the dragon’s powers. Over the next few days he spent time with me, showing me how I could use the force of the dragon to my advantage, and to exploit the weakness of our enemies. I don’t know how I feel about using this newfound power, but if this dragon uses me, I might as well return the favour.

Diary Entry #603

I spent some more time with Sam on the journey back to the Collage. He is getting much better at cards, I am finding I have to cheat much more now in order to win. I wonder if Sam knows I’m cheating, I don’t think he would say anything if he knew. I think he just likes to play cards to relax or maybe to think. I wonder what Sam thinks about. I know what I think about when I play cards; winning. It’s one of the few things I can do to keep me distracted from this stupid dragon and my hunt for its horde.

Diary Entry #605

We have finally settled down after obtaining the diamond shard. It is good to see Lady Theira again. Sometimes I think she is the only one who understands me. I also wonder if she set me up with my new friends for more than just the bounds of gold they have led me too.

Aris lately has been a little more agitated lately, I think it’s because of Amarok. It’s not that Aris doesn’t like Amarok, I just think Aris doesn’t like to express himself other than by shouting (or swearing in deep speech). I personally think Amarok is crazy, but then again for all the stuff we seem to do, crazy might be a good thing.

I heard that Ila had completed her magic forge, she had been working on it for sometime and I had some great ideas for some cool new magical weapons. I also really wanted to show her my pet goat, Aris Jr. Suffice to say she was much more impressed by the figurine than Aris Jr. himself. I sent her a letter outlining the new magical trinkets I wanted made. A ring that turned what ever I touched into gold, and necklace that made people who look at me give me their gems, gauntlets that exploded whomever I gave a hug too, and bracers that were specifically attuned to Aris’s vocal chords. Apparently Aris had already spoken to her about the “limitations” I was allowed on new items, so I ended up with some modifications to my bow, new gauntlets, and a new belt. She also gave me a pair of rings specifically at the request of Aris, apparently to help “when I do something stupid”; I knew he cared for me deep down inside.

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

Siddhartha takes the finely woven silvery scarf of astral thread into both his hands, looking from Betsy to Miriam. "If this is not... desired... I would... make use of it."
It appears he would like to take advantage of its divine properties, wrenching an even larger amount of residuum from it than he was previously capable... assuming, of course, others did not find it of a different kind of value...???

(it is a pretty fantastic piece and Siddhartha hasn't studied it in any greater detail beyond breaking it down)

imperialjunkie
Giant

Post by imperialjunkie »

((Well before DEing something it's probably good to determine what it is in the first place. My impression was that it was just a piece of valuable cloth, and thus monetary treasure. But you seem to indicate it's magical. Did tygaran give you information on it?))

Doopri
Cave Troll

Post by Doopri »

((Whoops badly worded at the end there - only ASKING PERMISSION to break it down - despite what that last line sounds like :) - and no he didn't give me any additional info on it, but I'll "check it out" tonight / before I do dischant it. Right now I was seeing if Miriam or Betsy wanted to wear it - I added the extra stuff just because it sounds so spectacular - astral thread, a silvered scarf, pretty neat! Though now that you mention it I'll pay it some more mind juuuuuust in case))

Kakigogo
Cave Troll

Post by Kakigogo »

I'm all up for supplying the"wood god meth lab" so go ahead! (besides I have some much nicer cloth pieces in my hoard anyway :D)

imperialjunkie
Giant

Post by imperialjunkie »

((Something has to be magical for you to disenchant it. So if it isn't a magic item, then it is simply a pretty scarf, and the only value it has to us is for gold.))

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Siddhartha's Calling...

RECAP: The Radiant Blade has their way through sewers and a portion of the Vaults of the Dead. After making quick work of a flooding room trap and some nasty four-armed skeletons, they find a ramp leading upwards. After a short walk you emerge into a starless night. Dimly before you is a tall Dark Tower....
Sid has been lost in thought of late, a subtle sense of wrongness far away infringing upon his mind. As he looks upon the midnight shrouded area, a verdant green circle appears near his feat. A voice familiar to some emanates from it...

Shivay: "Xoriat is infringing. The Seals are Failing. One is needed. Come..."
Siddhartha: "I am ... sorry.. my friends. But i..must.. return to the Greenheart to combat this... threat. Perhaps we shall meet ... again."
Betsy: what? wood god?
Siddhartha: "It is a .. threat ... I have faced before. If they are calling me, it much be .. serious."
Amarok: I am sorry that you must go. though if I know one thing of this world, it's that we shall meet again
Aristillus: "I see"
* Betsy starts to get teary eyed
Betsy: WOOD god
* Betsy runs up and hugs wood god
Samuel: We all have to tend to our own sometimes. Good luck to you Sidd.
Siddhartha: "Try and .. trust .. yourself, Betsy. In .. all .. aspects." * steps into the green circle *
Betsy: sniff*
Amarok: shall we safeguard your shard, or shall you protect it from within the green?
Siddhartha: "I feel I shall have .. need ... of it."

With a swirling of prismatic light, The Deva Siddhartha fades from view... just as Terri makes her 3 day contact via sending stone...

tygaran
Dragon

Post by tygaran »

Second 'Death' of Samuel Ward...

Masi: * a whispering voice, as if from a distanche * ... "Sam"
* Samuel glances about him as if he heard something.
Raefn: * from the shadows... * "Samuel Ward. You are called to Duty..."
Amarok: Sam - do you know this woman?
Samuel: Whatever and wherever you are, I'm already doing my duty.
Masi: "Markella has revived more of the Vaults than you have seen. She attack the temple."
Raefn: "Sam, my one time protector, raised by my hand. You are needed Here."
a figure faintly appears by Sam
Betsy: Nooooo SAMMM you cant leave as well
* Betsy grabs sam
Samuel: I figured you'd call on me eventually.
the elvish woman is fair of skin, a dragonmark surrounding her right eye
Samuel: A man doesn't promise anything and then end up not paying.
Samuel: I'm sorry friends, I must go with her.
* Betsy hands sam the deck of cards they used to play with
* Samuel looks down at the cards and gives Betsy a smile
Samuel: "I don't expect there will be much time for cards, but I'll try to get better for the next time we meet."
Raefn: "We know your tasks at this tower are important. But if the temple falls, then six of the argent pillars will have fallen. A seventh spells the awaking and release of all Overlords."
Amarok: this shall not be the end Sam. go and defend your temple; and return if you can
Masi: "Take my hand, brother in spirit..."
Samuel: Try not to get yourselves killed before I finish up.
Betsy: ill try
* Samuel takes a hold of Masi's hand
Samuel: "Lets go save your temple then"

The already extremely dark area grows darker still, as Sam and the soft golden light form his shard pass brom Mabar and into Dolurrth

Return to “Thiera's College of Adventurers”