Resizing the Token Ring?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Griogre
Kobold

Resizing the Token Ring?

Post by Griogre »

I would really like a 32 pixel token ring. Right now there are 128 & 64 pixel templates. I there an easy way to make a 32 pixel ring?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Creating new templates is super easy, there is documentation on how to do it here:

http://rptools.net/tokentool-doc.php

It doesn't go into detail on how to do it in specific paint programs, although tutorials have been submitted for Paint Shop Pro and Gimp, which I've been negligent in posting (been focused too much on MapTool).

I'll go ahead and get them posted tonight, I'll put them at the same URL.

As a side note, soon as we get MapTool 1.0 out the door (any time now) I'm going to basically rewrite TokenTool with all the feedback we've been collecting, including the ability to simply specify the size of the final image.

Stay tuned !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Griogre
Kobold

GIMP Tutorial?

Post by Griogre »

I may be missing it, but I don't see the GIMP tutorial. Have you had a chance to post it yet?

trevor

Re: GIMP Tutorial?

Post by trevor »

Griogre wrote:I may be missing it, but I don't see the GIMP tutorial. Have you had a chance to post it yet?
Ahh crap. I got distracted and forgot to put it up.

As a matter of note, we're replacing the website in a couple days to a wiki that will make it easier to keep the documentation up to date. You can get a preview at docs.rptools.net

I'll post them there. In the mean time, you can send me your email address via private message and I'll send them directly to you.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I think that you should zoom the overlay rather than the art w/ a chckbox to switch somewhere. Eliminates most focusing problems while still allowing via checkbox pen and paper token to be made.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Need to do both, we might need to play with a bit to find a good balance

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Ah well, as most people (I think) use it for maptool, how about the default zooms the ring, a checkbox or setting somewhere switches the default, and holding shift overrides whatever mode you are using...
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

rkathey
Giant

Post by rkathey »

Lets go further and allow the setting of light and other default states in token tool along with the size.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the RPTrolls are readying another attack of proposed functionality on the developers.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Intruiging.

I've been playing with the idea lately of creating a .map file that contains a map, any stamps, grid layout, notes, and annotations. That way you can download the map and run it without having to set it up.

The same idea would be pretty cool for token tool to set up the tokens: name, properties, sight, whatever, that could then be loaded into maptool.

At some point these could be combined into a campaign file that has everything you need to run a module. This is a great place for people to create and share, and perhaps even sell.

The tricky part about modifying the token tool this way is that lots of people use tokentool outside of maptool, so the default behavior of just creating images needs to remain.

Perhaps a new CampaignTool that set pulls the images from tokentool, and maps, and text files and stuff and lets you combine them into modules.

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

trevor wrote: Perhaps a new CampaignTool that set pulls the images from tokentool, and maps, and text files and stuff and lets you combine them into modules.
Cool, post a new thread in the New Tools forum to discuss implementation... :)
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Return to “TokenTool”