Ultimate Token Archive 7000+

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Moleman
Kobold

Re: Ultimate Token Archive 7000+

Post by Moleman »

wolph42 wrote:Here a link to my dropbox. I will remove this eventually, but I guess people will repost then anyway.
Thanks!

scibat
Kobold

Post by scibat »

I don't suppose some kind soul will post a link for those tokens one more time? :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I downloaded this last time it was posted. I uploaded it to GameFront where it will stay as long as people download it. If the link is ever broken, just repost and I'll upload it again.

File is 55+ megs zipped, 70 megs uncompressed with 7102 files and 41 folders.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20482392 ... _by_CS.zip
||| Folders |||
folders.jpg
folders.jpg (119.6 KiB) Viewed 7903 times
edit: Includes updated readme which adds the following:
Special Note (6/25/11): Apparently these were collected from a user named Thruxus.

http://thruxus.shadows-angels.com/Miniatures/Mini.htm

Currently that site has over 10,000 tokens, so that means this collection is out of date.
Last edited by aliasmask on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

scibat
Kobold

Post by scibat »

Yay! Thank you very much! :D :)

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:I uploaded it to GameFront where it will stay as long as people download it.
What's the status of these images regarding copyright? If they are CCA (or similar) we could host them on rptools.net directly.

Otherwise, the geek in me says an automated download function (once a month?) would suffice to keep the file current on GameFront. 8)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I don't know. The "Read Me" says this:
/// README.TXT \\\

Code: Select all

Enjoy the Largest Archive of Tokens and Avatars for Digital Battlemaps on the net. There is any Genre from Dungeons & Dragons, Sci Fi Avatars, Monsters, and More! 

Total: 7,080 Tokens

OpenRPG: Upload these to a Web-Server (like freehostia.com ) and hotlink using the URL to the Miniatures Option in OpenRPG. You can also use the built-in graphic server located at Plugins > CherryPy.

Maptools: Click and Drag onto Map. Or copy your favorite Tokens into c:\user\(profilename)\.maptools resource folder to replace or add onto the basic ones that come with Maptools.

FantasyGrounds: Browse to Directory Where the Tokens were saved. Right Click > Add to Map.

This Collection is brought you to by Captain Sinith 

http://www.wiijii.com/nihilcon   - RPG COMMUNITY - Signup and Create Profiles , Write Blogs , and Upload/Share Gaming Files. 

_____       _____        
____________ __________  /______ ___(_)______ 
_  ___/  __ `/__  __ \  __/  __ `/_  /__  __ \
/ /__ / /_/ /__  /_/ / /_ / /_/ /_  / _  / / /
\___/ \__,_/ _  .___/\__/ \__,_/ /_/  /_/ /_/ 
             /_/                              
       _____       ________________  
__________(_)_________(_)_  /___  /_ 
__  ___/_  /__  __ \_  /_  __/_  __ \
_(__  )_  / _  / / /  / / /_ _  / / /
/____/ /_/  /_/ /_//_/  \__/ /_/ /_/ 

edit: As for how often it needs to be downloaded, I'm not sure. The files I have there now usually get at least 1 download a week and have been there for over a year. I did have some other non resource files there which were removed after a short period of time with no downloads. My guess is 2 weeks. I suppose I can upload a file and see how long it takes to be removed.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I'd be pretty concerned about the provenance of these tokens. If there is no verifiable copyright notice, these were most likely pulled from all over the web, maybe from commercial sources.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:I don't know. The "Read Me" says this:

Code: Select all

[...]
Maptools: Click and Drag onto Map. Or copy your favorite Tokens into c:\user\(profilename)\.maptools resource folder to replace or add onto the basic ones that come with Maptools.
[...]
I agree with Steel_Rat; I don't think we'll be hosting those files here.

Regarding the quoted part of the README file: don't ever do this! The technique they espouse risks losing the images if you ever need to use MapTool's Help > Restore Default Images function!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, I wouldn't do it that way. I just set up a folder as a resource.

Thruxus
Kobold

Post by Thruxus »

I love how someone decided to take my Miniatures Page, that I created for OpenRPG, and compile it all. Not that I didn't do the same. But a little appreciation could have been sent my way, in regards to the Readme file attached to the file.

http://thruxus.shadows-angels.com/Miniatures/Mini.htm

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I got your PM, Thruxus.

If you got these images where you say you got them, then we won't be hosting them here.

Since you wanted attribution for the effort you put into collecting/creating them, your post gives you that. :). To be sure that your efforts are recognized in the future, may I suggest you provide a zip file with a README file embedded inside it? That way you can direct people back to your site (or whatever you wish). And if it ever shows up on another site in the future, you'll get your recognition. :)

Oh, and welcome to RPTools!

Thruxus
Kobold

Post by Thruxus »

Thanks,

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I just updated the readme to include your name and website at the top. I did notice this one is out of date (only 7000 tokens). If you have a full zipped collection, I can mirror it for you if you want.

Return to “TokenTool”