Very neewbe question

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Vilus
Kobold

Very neewbe question

Post by Vilus »

I just started working with maptool and tokentool (It is the most amazing free software i have ever seen for RPG) and i have a problem with the size of the tokens...

I try to create a top down token with a base in from a downloaded image in tokentool.
When i put it in Map tool... It is smaller than a square and not centered... What am i doing wrong? Normal round token no problem!

Thx poeple

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Very neewbe question

Post by Azhrei »

Wlecome to RPTools!

(Thank you for the compliment. :) We certainly like it. 8))

Your image probably has a bunch of blank space around it. MapTool uses the image size to determine how to size the token so you will either need to either:

(a) Use TokenTool and create a new token (which won't look good for a top-down token), or

(b) Open the image in a paint program and remove all of the blank area around the image.

If the size isn't off by very much, you can also use the token editor dialog's Config tab to resize the image. Position the mouse over the image in the bottom-left corner of the dialog and use the mouse wheel to resize it. You can also left-click-drag to position it within the allowable space.

Vilus
Kobold

Re: Very neewbe question

Post by Vilus »

Hello,

It must be it then! I will try to remove the space.

Thank you very much sir!

Return to “TokenTool”