Drag area or resize area, press ENTER to commit.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Re: Drag area or resize area, press ENTER to commit.

Post by Xaelvaen »

For SnG, I thought I'd muck about figuring out when it does, and doesn't happen, and I came upon something rather interesting. When taking a snapshot of the Tokentool itself centered in the window, no text was captured. Then, I just snapped a shot of the tokentool folder (where I save many of my tokens), and voila - text captured!

So I'm wondering if screen capturing a windows-based 'window' (odd phrasing that) has some sort of impact here.

Edit: So I went about testing this on many, many different things with some nifty results.

Firefox (no text)
Acrobat Reader (text)
Acrobat Reader - Fullscreen (text)
Maptools (no text)
Windows Folder (text)

At first, I thought perhaps the amount of white-space, as it were, was some sort of major impact (the pdf file I was viewing was just a very simple text over white file) - same for a windows folder, but after making a white-background maptools map and trying a much 'prettier' pdf, the results remained the same.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

Return to “TokenTool”