Drag area or resize area, press ENTER to commit.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

wrathchild
Dragon

Re: Drag area or resize area, press ENTER to commit.

Post by wrathchild »

To writ, this behaviour doesn't occur at my end.

The label was squarely placed over the avatar.

edit: Also noticing that my label text is of much better graphic quality - I would also say that OP is probably suffering from some sort of driver issue.
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I do get the text in all of my captures, but it is easy to work around unless you are capturing a very large region.

dglas
Cave Troll

Post by dglas »

wrathchild wrote:
edit: Also noticing that my label text is of much better graphic quality - I would also say that OP is probably suffering from some sort of driver issue.

Hmmm. Now THAT'S a possible. I'll look into that.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Neofax/Dglas,

What graphics cards do you guys have?

At any rate, update to the latest drivers (use the latest BETA drivers if it's an Nvidia card because the 190 series of drivers from them have other java issues), and report back.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

First, I am not on a Winblows machine. However, my drivers are NVIDIA 185.xx (default on Karmic Koala) on two machines and Intel's xf86-video-intel on one laptop and the xf86-video-ati for the other. All of them have this, so my assumption was the program was behaving normally.

dglas
Cave Troll

Post by dglas »

Full Bleed wrote:Neofax/Dglas,

What graphics cards do you guys have?

At any rate, update to the latest drivers (use the latest BETA drivers if it's an Nvidia card because the 190 series of drivers from them have other java issues), and report back.
Sorry for the delay; I debate on internet forums. Kinda eats up the time. ;)

I have a Nvidia GEForce 9500 GT. I have downloaded the latest driver, but not the beta ones. Issue still arises.

How boring - just stating the facts. ;)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

dglas wrote:I have a Nvidia GEForce 9500 GT. I have downloaded the latest driver, but not the beta ones. Issue still arises.

How boring - just stating the facts. ;)
If you don't use the beta drivers or older 18x drivers then some issues with Java applications are going to be there with the Nvidia drivers.

I'm not saying that this is the silver bullet, I'm just letting you know that the 19X drivers (pre beta) are known to have issues with some Java apps.

I have a 9600GT on this computer and I do not have the problem you're describing on an XP (32) or Win 7 (64) OS installation.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

osman
Giant

Post by osman »

Is it worth mentioning that I have the exact same problem? The captured image ALWAYS includes the text, as well as the resizing frame. It's infuriating. Obviously, if I'm using a PDF that has the images properly embedded, I can just drag them directly into the TokenTool window, and everything works great. But in some cases I can't. I can get my images onto the clipboard, but as far as I can tell, there is no direct way to use clipboard data within TokenTool? So I'm stuck suffering through the agony of the screen capture tool, trying to make the capture region twice as large as my image/screen so that the text falls outside.

(Also: ATI Mobility Radeon x1400 on Windows XP).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

osman wrote:I can get my images onto the clipboard, but as far as I can tell, there is no direct way to use clipboard data within TokenTool?
Hmm, weird. You're right.

Of course, if it's in the clipboard you can past it to a file on the desktop and then drag that file into TT.

thecyberwolfe
Dragon

Post by thecyberwolfe »

Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS running on Windows 7 Ultimate Beta x64 and it works fine for me. Sorry guys, can't help ya.
The Cyberwolfe
----------------
Them: "Name one thing a PC can do that a Mac can't!"
Me: "Right-click."

Oompa
Cave Troll

Post by Oompa »

I had this problem once to.. but i just restarted tokentool and it was gone..

Have an ati radeon card in my laptop.. Don't know the number..
Keep rollin them dice...

Jackethan
Kobold

Post by Jackethan »

I have this same problem. Every time I try to make a token using the screen capture tool it retains the text and border of the selection tool. The last post in this thread is over six months ago, are there any plans to fix this issue?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Jackethan wrote:I have this same problem. Every time I try to make a token using the screen capture tool it retains the text and border of the selection tool. The last post in this thread is over six months ago, are there any plans to fix this issue?
This issue is only present with some video cards. TokenTool has no knowledge of video cards, although the Java virtual machine probably does and, of course, the operating system.

I wouldn't expect a solution to come from the TokenTool developers since it doesn't appear to be a TT problem. Perhaps the entire tooltip can probably be turned off. To be honest, I've never looked at the TT source code though.

Xaelvaen
Dragon

Post by Xaelvaen »

I'm aware this is a rather old post, but just thought I'd add some information here that I've only recently been able to discover. I've gone through two different video cards on the same machine (both properly installed) of both manufacturers (ATI and Nvidia). I start with an Nvidia (blah) and now have a 2gig ATI (blah) on a Vista machine. I have the 'capturing the text as well' dilemma.

All drivers up to date in both cases, both cards properly uninstalled an reinstalled. Not sure if its a big help to the powers that be, but alas, information as best I can deliver it.
"An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person." - Leo Tolstoy

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Hmm, I never used that tool until just now. I did not have the problem described. I use Win7, java 6.38 and Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT.

Return to “TokenTool”