zone tokens

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Kethoth
Kobold

zone tokens

Post by Kethoth »

My group plays DND 4ed, and I want to make some tokens for zones that stick around in an encounter.

TokenTool is proving problematic, for the reasons below;

1. I don't want a base at all. I just want, for example, a 3x3 zone of fire that is semitransparent.
2. The sizes seem knackered up. When I put the size into the tokentool builder, they tend to come out as medium tokens anyway. I can use the 'native' setting to make them the size they are supposed to be, but my 5x5's (256x256 px) are off-centre, even though 'snap to grid' is clicked.

I am ultimately trying to make some great-looking, semi-transparent web zones (5x5 and 7x7), but I'm slamming my head against the wall just now...

Thanks for you help.

Kethoth.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: zone tokens

Post by Azhrei »

Kethoth wrote:I am ultimately trying to make some great-looking, semi-transparent web zones (5x5 and 7x7), but I'm slamming my head against the wall just now...
You're really using the wrong tool for that.

Check out the links to GIMP and Photoshop tutorials in the MapTool forum and on our main web site under "Tutorials".

Some forum users have written tutorials for various MT-related stuff: AidyBaby for token states, for example. I mention that because you may see certain names pop up a lot.

Return to “TokenTool”