Token Size

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

avendesora
Kobold

Token Size

Post by avendesora »

TokenTool gives you different size options (256x256, 128x128, etc). Do these sizes correspond to anything? I plan to print out these tokens for a 1 inch x 1 inch based tabletop rpg. Which sizes can I use to make 1 in x 1 in, 2x2, 3x3, etc, tokens? Thanks.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Token Size

Post by neofax »

No meaning other than the pixel size. My suggestion would be to make the tokens and then paste one into GIMP. Change the measurement from pixels to inch and scale the image so it is 1x1. Then change the measurement back to pixel. This will give you what size to use in TokenTool. Once you have quite a few done, I would use OpenOffice Write to make an Avery label setup and then just paste one token per cell. Then you can print them to 1" Avery labels. If not this, then back to GIMP and paste them lining them up and then use PosteRazor.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Token Size

Post by Azhrei »

As neofax says, pixels has no relation to dpi (dots per inch) unless you want it to.

For example, say your printer can handle up to 300 dpi. If you want your printed images to be 1"x1" then your image would need to be 300x300 (duh!).

TokenTool is optimized for use with online VTTs so the sizes chosen are the ones that "play nicely" in an online environment (horizontal pixel count a multiple of 8, for example).

As neofax suggests, using a paint program might help a bit in this regard. The first question to ask is, "How are you going to print them?" Whichever program you plan to use for that should have instructions on how to scale your images for a particular print size.

Return to “TokenTool”