New Feature: Under or Over Frame

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

johnzo wrote:Image
If you use my original PNG you won't have the white pixels ;)

johnzo
Cave Troll

Post by johnzo »

Hawke wrote:I especially am curious for a means to have part of that image bleed out.
I've got a space marked out in the TT code that will write base dimensions and coordinates into the PNG file's tEXt node, but I couldn't make head or tail of com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGMetadata and I couldn't find any online documentation for it.

Once TT is writing that info out, MT will have to be modified to respect it, so this will be a bit of a job. :)

johnzo
Cave Troll

Post by johnzo »

Dracorat wrote:If you use my original PNG you won't have the white pixels ;)
Ah! Didn't realize it was in the gallery.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Dangit Johnzo, now I'm just gonna have to make MT allow tokens to exit their cell :)

My plan is to make the existing TT (along with a fix for the screencap bug) the version 1.0 release, then I'll apply your patch and make a development build. Expect that in a day or two.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Hawke wrote:
Phergus wrote:Excellent start! Now we need a token format finalized so that MapTool can correctly place them into a single cell.
Exactly!

I especially am curious for a means to have part of that image bleed out.
Been talk about that for quite a while. It is really important for the top-down style miniatures.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

johnzo wrote:I've got a space marked out in the TT code that will write base dimensions and coordinates into the PNG file's tEXt node, but I couldn't make head or tail of com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGMetadata and I couldn't find any online documentation for it.
Have you looked at the PNGImageWriter.java source?

Link here

johnzo
Cave Troll

Post by johnzo »

trevor wrote:Dangit Johnzo, now I'm just gonna have to make MT allow tokens to exit their cell :)

My plan is to make the existing TT (along with a fix for the screencap bug) the version 1.0 release, then I'll apply your patch and make a development build. Expect that in a day or two.
Okay, I'll figure out how to write out the base info into the png metadata then -- and let me know if you have any preferences for how that should be done.

Not sure when it'll happen, but soon!

johnzo
Cave Troll

Post by johnzo »

Phergus wrote:
johnzo wrote:I've got a space marked out in the TT code that will write base dimensions and coordinates into the PNG file's tEXt node, but I couldn't make head or tail of com.sun.imageio.plugins.png.PNGMetadata and I couldn't find any online documentation for it.
Have you looked at the PNGImageWriter.java source?

Link here
That's very helpful, thanks!

(what's with the docs being hosted at an .fr domain when it's a com.sun package? weird.)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

johnzo wrote:(what's with the docs being hosted at an .fr domain when it's a com.sun package? weird.)
There are archives of the Java source all over the place.

I think I had originally grabbed that file off of the Sun site but the .fr domain was the first one that popped up when I went looking for a link.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Man, this is very exciting stuff! Thanks a bunch! Can't wait until I can start using it! :)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

trevor wrote:Dangit Johnzo, now I'm just gonna have to make MT allow tokens to exit their cell :)
This would be very helpful, especially for top-down. For instance, I just made a cool Griffin token recently, but its wings come way outside what the "base" would be. Using it in MT is problematic because it tries to crush the entire wingspan into the cell size.

This is one of the areas that Battleground excels. Images sit on "bases" that reflect the size of the creature (which can be invisible if you want), and you can size the token itself to any size you want and it doesn't matter if it goes outside its cell/base.

MT and Fantasy Grounds seem to have been largely developed for token type markers... whereas I'm a big fan of top-down.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Full Bleed wrote:whereas I'm a big fan of top-down.
As am I. I'm a huge fan in fact. I am really hoping to have all the supers in my game as top down figures, and with the multiple image per token functionality they will be able to "turn on" their powers so to speak as they will switch to the top down image with the force field glowing for example.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

heruca
Dragon

Post by heruca »

RPMiller wrote:I am really hoping to have all the supers in my game as top down figures, and with the multiple image per token functionality they will be able to "turn on" their powers so to speak as they will switch to the top down image with the force field glowing for example.
Off-Topic: If you find a good source for top-down Supers tokens, please let me know. That's got to be the hardest genre to find top-down tokens for.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Really? Well we'll have to do something about that. ;)

ImageImage

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

RPMiller wrote:Really? Well we'll have to do something about that. ;)
Still OT, but figured I would give you a heads up. I started a new thread at Dundjinni for superheroes. Here is my first:

You can find the thread here:
http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/forum_p ... =9036&PN=1

ImageImage

Return to “TokenTool”