Gallery Administrator Token Overlays?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

McQ
Kobold

Gallery Administrator Token Overlays?

Post by McQ »

First time posting and new to the RPTools but I love having a fog of war VT versus using pieces of paper to hide map portions!

I scoured the forums and the contributed galleries for the overlay used for the 3.5 Monsters posted in Tokens and Stamps by the Gallery Administrator.

I thought at first it may have been dorpond's work, but could not find the overlay in his gallery, though I found many like it.

Is this overlay perhaps the WoTC default token frame?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Gallery Administrator Token Overlays?

Post by neofax »

Can you post an image so we have some reference to go by?
Time-Zone information UTC -5

McQ
Kobold

Post by McQ »

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's dorpond's -- it's been around since the beginning of time. You might try PM'ing and asking. If it's not his he may remember where it came from.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Time-Zone information UTC -5

McQ
Kobold

Post by McQ »

It seems that Brisingre has the MM1 Tokens with the specific Overlay I'm talking about. Doesn't seem he has the overlays themselves available.

patnodewf
Cave Troll

Post by patnodewf »

Is this what you're looking for?
My form-fillable PDF Character Sheet for Pathfinder can be found here.

McQ
Kobold

Post by McQ »

It seems as though what I'm looking for is an older version of the DefaultFrame. I found a few posts when it was mentioned and had images displayed. In one with Steel Rat, it was mentioned that this token did not exceed 128x128 without a lot of pixelation. Perhaps it was changed to the recent one? If someone might have an earlier version of Token Tools with this Default frame somewhere in their "Overlay" folder, could you send it my way? Would love to have my Tokens match with the MonsterManual Tokens, and the paint programs available to me haven't done well to edit the frame.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

When I first found this site, I noticed that TokenTool was using that frame. I immediately noticed how low quality it was so I made higher resolutions of it for Trevor.

I never understood why there were three colors around the edges, and why two were the same and the other was not - I didn't ask Trevor and just made my versions pretty close to the original. Well to find out later, the colors didn't need to be there and they meant nothing! LOL :P

That was when we decided to change them altogether.

Let me look in my archives and see what I can dig up. If anything, I won't have the original low resolution one, since I didn't make it, but I may have a higher resolution one.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

This was all I could find. I remember finding RPTools, talking with Trevor, asking him if I could make more up-to-date frames, he agreeing, me making an attempt, then discovering we didn't need to have dots on the frame, then fighting with the whole magenta / shadowing issues in Token Tool... At the end of the day, I don't even think we used these updated ones - I can't recall.

This is all I have to offer you since I didn't create the original ones.
TokenTool Frame 3.png
TokenTool Frame 3.png (32.22 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Not sure if this helps you at all, but I took the one that you provided above and made it so that you can use it in TokenTool. I haven't tested it, but it should work.

Good Luck!
TokenMod.png
TokenMod.png (12.75 KiB) Viewed 3713 times

McQ
Kobold

Post by McQ »

I should have checked the posts before sending you that Private Message, Dorpond. But you, Sir, are a steely eyed missile man. Thanks a TON for digging this out for me. I can tell it doesn't increase in size well, but it's just a spectacular mixture of colors, I was really curious as to why it disappeared, thanks for giving me the back-story. :D

Return to “TokenTool”