[F-REQ] Frame Organization

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Matrissa the Enchantress
Giant

[F-REQ] Frame Organization

Post by Matrissa the Enchantress »

Currently, every new frame added to TokenTool is placed in one long list. Once there are more than 15 frames, this becomes unwieldy.

I would like to see a more complex organization for frames - something akin to the image explorer in MapTool - where users can group their frames into folders and sub-folders.

A "nice to have" addition would be to supply five or ten frame quick picks in the GUI that a user can click to access his most frequently used frames. It could be handled in one of three ways:

1. Customizable. The user selects a specific frame for each quick pick position. The tool provides a default set based on the frames that come with it.

2. Frequently used list. Frames that the user frequently uses (based on what frame is active when a token is saved) are shown in the quick picks, sorted in descending frequency.

3. Recently used list. Each time a different frame is used (again, based on what frame is active when a token is saved) it is displayed in the first quick pick position and pushes other frames down the list. If that frame was already in the list, it is removed from its original position, allowing the frames that were ahead of it to slide down to that point. If that frame wasn't in the list, the frame in the last position is removed from the list.

~Matrissa~
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

very useful....
Game On!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Actually, I was thinking about this the other day. I was toying with the idea of dropping in a panel that works just like the image explorer does in MT. That way you could organize your overlays (and soon to include underlays/bases) on your filesystem, and have them all pretty for your TT.

Which would have a dual purpose, because I'm planning to rework TT so that I can embed it on the token properties dialog, so having an overlay directory that you can share between TT and MT would be neat.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “TokenTool”