Token tool wont let me drag and drop images.....please help

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

micah226
Kobold

Token tool wont let me drag and drop images.....please help

Post by micah226 »

Hi I am using windows 8 64 bit, first time trying to use this program. Tutorial videos show everyone just dragging and dropping images into token tool but when i do that nothing happens. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Token tool wont let me drag and drop images.....please h

Post by aliasmask »

I just installed it and it seemed to work. How big is the image you're dropping in to the TokenTool and what's the image type (jpg,png,bmp)?

micah226
Kobold

Post by micah226 »

ive tried all sorts of different sizes and types nothing works it just gives me a circle with a line through it every time i try, like a no entry circle type thingy. Do i need to set it up somehow to be able to drop images onto it?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

That actually sounds familiar and may be in the forums elsewhere, but I don't know the solution off hand. Perhaps you either didn't unzip the file and you're running it from zip folder or the location where you unzipped it is not allowing the program to save files there, like the root directory of C. I recommend unzipping a new copy in your my documents area to make sure.

micah226
Kobold

Post by micah226 »

tried doing that now a couple times even with the different builds and get the same thing

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Well, not sure what's going on then. Try removing all versions of java, restart computer then install java 7 64bit.

micah226
Kobold

Post by micah226 »

tried that also still no luck. This is driving me insane..... I just want to use the tool for a couple tokens it shouldnt be this blasted hard

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Put an image on your desktop. Now drag from desktop to application.

micah226
Kobold

Post by micah226 »

that doesnt work either still gives me the no access symbol no matter what image i try or where its from. I extracted all the files, uninstalled java8 and installoed java 7. removed and reinstalled tokentool. would my antivirus block it somehow?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I wouldn't think so. I suspect it may be a windows 8.1 privileges setting or related to maybe a gaming pad? Do a search for "drag and drop windows 8.1 not working" and there a couple of solutions/workarounds.

Try this one. Right click on tokentool jar file and select open. Try to drag n drop. People have complained about other applications where the drag and drop stopped working when using admin privileges which seems backwards to me.

Return to “TokenTool”