No window

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

heroman84
Kobold

No window

Post by heroman84 »

TokenTool used to work just fine for me, but now the gui doesn't appear when I launch the app. I see the app running in the start bar, it loads instantly, but no interface appears like it used to. Is there anybody that knows how to fix this? I'll be using TokenStamp2 in the meantime, but I really need an offline app, and this is the only one that does what I need, when it works...

Thanks!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: No window

Post by JamzTheMan »

I do package TokenTool with my MapTool fork. You can download it at maptool.nerps.net (and ignore the maptool part if you want).

It's at least a fix until I post a stand alone update...
-Jamz

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

The first possibility that comes to mind is that it is starting positioned off your screen. Assuming you using Windows (there should be similar functions in other operating systems, but you'll have to figure them out on your own), you can right-click on a blank part of the task bar and select Cascade Windows. This will put all open programs on the desktop, where you can arrange them as you please.

If that doesn't work, then something is seriously wrong. You could try re-downloading it, or try Jamz excellent fork.

Nergal
Kobold

Post by Nergal »

Got the same problem, and I suspect that the problem is an image I deleted before closing TT2.0 (or something similar). Now it is trying to open said image (when I win+tab through, I see the software with said image on the screen).

Maybe you could tell me where TT2.0 stores its data so I can delete it and "reset" the app?

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

It appears (assuming you're using Windows) the settings are saved at:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\net\rptools\tokentool\client

There's "lastFileSaved" and "lastPortrait" keys, among others.

The last portrait key points to a cache in the user files (C:\Users\user\.tokentool-nerps\cache\last_portrait.png), which has a copy of the image (presumably for previews). It doesn't look like the original image actually needs to be available.

Nergal
Kobold

Post by Nergal »

Thanks. I've nuked Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\net\rptools\tokentool\client and now it works.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Yeah, that would be a bug if it having an image go missing keeps the gui from opening.

Return to “TokenTool”