Modifyable layered tokens

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Jector
Great Wyrm

Modifyable layered tokens

Post by Jector »

I was thinking about the bases and halos and was thinking it could be nice to have several layers to play with. If we could freely rotate, position, and scale images it would be possible to make token pieces that could be combined for a large variety of individualised tokens.

For instance, we could have images for legs (kneeling, running, sitting, etc), torsos (holding various implements and poses), heads. There could be add-ons like backpacks, wings, shouldered weapons, and such.

Thoughts?
I cast firecube! ~4E

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I think having layer support would allow for a lot of things. You could then pull off what you are looking for and also place overlays on the frame/ base like runes, lighting effects, objects on the bases (like those real minis when we used to glue little clumps of grass, stones or whatever to the base to make it look cool). Imagine placing a little cat or wolf on your token base or a something. The possibilities are endless. :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Sounds like an interesting upgrade to the token format.

Much of this will be easily handled with multiple token images though. But I could certainly see some other advantages to being able to add and subtract objects.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

I figured it would be a nice addition to the tool. Personally, I'm likely to keep using PaintShop as it gives me more control and I'm a finicky bastard (no offense to TokenTool, it's a beauty). But it would be nice for people who don't have the programs or knowledge to fiddle with art at that level to have a simple way to throw together unique tokens with a database of pieces.
I cast firecube! ~4E

Return to “TokenTool”