How to remove the "shine" effect?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

voodoo
Dragon

How to remove the "shine" effect?

Post by voodoo »

I can't say how much I love this tool but on my token, there is this "shiny" effect on the upper right of the token (at "1 hour") which I'd like to remove, but I don't know how and couldn't find in the manual.
Any help would be appreciated

(and what is this small icon on the right of "width" and "height" anyway ? The one which looks like a battery icon)

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

Is this only on one specific token or any of them?
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: How to remove the "shine" effect?

Post by trevor »

voodoo wrote:I can't say how much I love this tool but on my token, there is this "shiny" effect on the upper right of the token (at "1 hour") which I'd like to remove, but I don't know how and couldn't find in the manual.
Any help would be appreciated
The shine is actually part of the overlay image. There are a couple of things you can do. The easiest thing to do is grab a couple of the nifty overlays that Vry and Dorpond have created, drop them into the overlay manager, and use them instead:

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/vry/tokens/
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/mr ... 3.png.html

Perhaps for version 1.1 we could add a "shine" layer so you can add/remove whenever you want. But for right now, you'll have to use a different overlay.
voodoo wrote:(and what is this small icon on the right of "width" and "height" anyway ? The one which looks like a battery icon)
It locks the aspect ratio of width and height. I need a better icon :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

I dis as you suggested. I was a little bit skeptical at first, since your explanations seemed a little bit skimpy.
And then I discovered that it IS that simple. I don't know what is your background, but your ability to make things simple (from making tokens to setting a grid scale) must be a gift (if it is a learned thing, you and Bill Gates didn't go to the same place).
I am still amazed.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Happy to hear that !

trevor

Post by trevor »

In case you are interested, there are a couple good tutorials on creating your own overlays. They can be found as sticky posts in the TokenTool forum.

I have very little graphical ability, but was able to follow the instructions very easily to make overlays of the colors that I want.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Voodoo,

You can download more of mine here if you need them: http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Do ... s/200X200/

Take care!

Griogre
Kobold

Re: How to remove the "shine" effect?

Post by Griogre »

trevor wrote: The shine is actually part of the overlay image.
That's a shame because I really like the plain frames, thought the frames in the link given are very nice.

Return to “TokenTool”