Screen capture spoiled!

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

voodoo
Dragon

Screen capture spoiled!

Post by voodoo »

When I use screen capture, I get a frame and, in the middle of it, a big fragging "drag or resize area - presse enter to commit". The not-so funny part is that when I "press enter to commit", the screen capture I get has "drag or resize area - presse enter to commit" in the exact middle of it which kinda makes it useless.
It is too bad since it would have made my token tooling from pdf files much much easier.
Hope it can get fixed.

(thanks in advance if it can. Sorry if I sound a little pissed off but I was so happy when I discovered this option)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Known bug, waiting for a fix.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Till then, here is a free screen capture program you could use: http://www.provtech.co.uk/software/screenprint32.asp

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

or you can just capture a larger area where the message is not in the main focus of the view
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

Thanks to both of you for your answer (didn't think about using a very large capture zone).
I'll do with prinkey (a screen capture program dorpond indicated a while ago or try that new one) until the bug is fixed
Thanks again

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

You know you can copy directly from pdf? I believe you can drag and drop from the marquee tool in the pdf to tokentool (please don't quote me on that as I can't guarantee it's true).

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Torstan wrote: I believe you can drag and drop from the marquee tool in the pdf to tokentool (please don't quote me on that as I can't guarantee it's true).
Well it does work like that under Windows. Under Linux I just had the options to Save to Clipboard or Save to File.

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

torstan wrote:You know you can copy directly from pdf? I believe you can drag and drop from the marquee tool in the pdf to tokentool (please don't quote me on that as I can't guarantee it's true).
That's great! I didn't know that (hadn't thought about doing it). If it works, it solves all my problem and definitly makes token tool one of my top five programs ever (sometimes, size doesn't count after all)

Return to “TokenTool”