HELP!

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

DragonSlayer123
Kobold

HELP!

Post by DragonSlayer123 »

i need some help.I'm currently hosting a dnd game and found some objects(sprites)i could use for a top down image.Problem is i can't figure it out.I've watched the tutorial on token tools and it really didn't help me out enough.I figured out some things i didn't know,but not exactly how to create one without using a base.
In god we must trust,for who else will guard our souls from the harvester of death?

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

If you mean a top down image that is just the figure without any floor attached to him, you need a program that will allow you to modify and save PNG files. That's what we use for baseless top down images. You erase around the figure and save as a PNG. Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, and Gimp (a free program) are just a few that let you do this.
I cast firecube! ~4E

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

DragonSlayer123, I'm a bit confused what you are attempting to do
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

DragonSlayer123
Kobold

I'm attempting to create a top-down model without using one of the bases so i can use it for a dnd game.
In god we must trust,for who else will guard our souls from the harvester of death?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Where are you getting the original image for the top down ?

It sounds like you just want to cut out the image from a larger image ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

DragonSlayer123
Kobold

I'm attempting to use sprites from various games.Only problem is most of the ones i'm getting either have screenshot captions in em(as in the terrain etc. from the game it's from)or els there models from some site or another(like warhammer models).But even if that were not the case,i'm attempting at uasing various images from diffrent games to make my models more realstic.Making them top down would be all the better.

RedDog
Dragon

Post by RedDog »

Jector's suggestion is right on. If you want to remove part of the image so that only the top down figure remains and the rest is transparent or a single color, it needs to be done manually in a graphic editor such as GIMP or Photoshop. I suggest you use a PNG format as it allows alpha layers (i.e. transparencies).

What Token Tool does is allow a user to crop a portion of an image from a larger image, adjust the resolution, apply a custom border or base, and then save it as a new PNG file. For what it does, the program is really works well...but that is essentially all it does.

Return to “TokenTool”