A Little Lost

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Jonise
Kobold

A Little Lost

Post by Jonise »

I am trying to move all of my tokens I made into maptools so they are there for me to move into my maps. But I can't seem to figure it out. So any help you could provide would be helpful.

Thanks--Jonise

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

What you are looking for is the Add to Resource Library operation in the MapTool File menu.

Assuming you have your tokens all nicely organized in a folder somewhere, start MapTool and then in the File menu select "Add to Resource Library...". This will open up a file browser that will allow you to select the folder where you placed your tokens.

After doing that you should see that folder show up in the Resource Library browser within MapTool.

I highly recommend that you go through the MapTool video tutorials.

http://www.rptoolstutorials.net/

This question and many others are answered in the short, informative videos.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Another option is to have tokentool (TT) and maptool (MT) open, compose your token in TT, and click-drag from the top right preview window, and drop into the MT window (on a map)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Jonise
Kobold

Thank You

Post by Jonise »

Thanks for the help--I appreciate it.

Neve12ende12
Kobold

Resource Library Crashed MapTool

Post by Neve12ende12 »

Anytime I click on Add To Resource Library, Map Tool freezes up. How do I fix this?

Full Bleed
Demigod

Re: Resource Library Crashed MapTool

Post by Full Bleed »

Neve12ende12 wrote:Anytime I click on Add To Resource Library, Map Tool freezes up. How do I fix this?
I've had this happen to me and I think it's related to having an external storage device. It's a game killer when it happens.

The only way I know how to fix it is to force close Maptool, delete your Maptool asset cache, and reload.

The asset cache is located here in Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\.maptool\assetcache

Return to “TokenTool”