Token Question

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

nickmayhew47
Kobold

Token Question

Post by nickmayhew47 »

Hi,

I tried to create a token from a .PDF file that I was looking at. For whatever reason, I was unable to do so. Please help. Thanks,

-Nick

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Click on the little camera at the top of the page that says "Snapshot tool" if you hover the mouse cursor on it. Then click and drag a box around the part of the image you want. This copies it to the clipboard. Open an art program and hit ctrl+v which should paste it as an image in the program. Save the image. Use TokenTool as normal on the new image.
I cast firecube! ~4E

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

PDFs are not currently supported, you'll have to extract the image first. I could take a look at what it would take to support pdfs.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Duvik
Giant

Post by Duvik »

You could also just use the PrintScreen button to capture full screen shot to clipboard... then open image editing program and paste it in.
Get Paid to Run Games! Check out The Elite Array at The Tangled Web

The Tangled Web A community for players and DMs that prefer to play online pen and paper style rpgs using freeware Virtual Gaming Tables like MapTool. Connect with Game Masters that need players or else recruit for your own game. Now offering pay to play games in addition to our free games! Run with a professional GameMaster and you can rest assured that the show will go on week after week.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Duvik wrote:You could also just use the PrintScreen button to capture full screen shot to clipboard... then open image editing program and paste it in.
Good idea

Dracorat
Dragon

Post by Dracorat »

trevor wrote:PDFs are not currently supported, you'll have to extract the image first. I could take a look at what it would take to support pdfs.
Too much, I assure you. I have tried to get PDF data in some of my apps in the past. Just to get ahold of the API costs almost two thousand dollars. And I did find some PDF examples on the Web before and reading PDF ain't no picknic either.

WRITING a PDF file is a different story however. There are tons of tools out there completely ready for you to "print" an EPS image to them and they will write a PDF in the blink of an eye.

Go figure.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Dracorat wrote: Too much, I assure you.
Good to know, thanks !

Return to “TokenTool”