Is online the same as the offline version?

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

icemanjmw
Cave Troll

Is online the same as the offline version?

Post by icemanjmw »

I just wonder because normally I use the web launch. However I have a ton of pictures I want to turn into tokens, and I figured I could do it at work today. Problem is I don't have any wireless network in range for my laptop at work, so I would have to use the offline zip version. Will I be able to use that version at work to make tokens, then when we actually play use the web launch and still have access to those tokens?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Absolutely :)

The webstart version is just a convenience.

Also, the final content that TokenTool creates is a PNG file, which is totally independent of TokenTool. So you can get the zip version, take it to work, create as many PNG tokens as you want, then just copy them back to your main machine when you get back connected.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

icemanjmw
Cave Troll

Post by icemanjmw »

Cool, I thought that was how it would go but I didn't wanna spend hours at work making tokens that I couldn't use for the game.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

One of the neat things about TokenTool is that it is totally game tool agnostic. You can use the tokens in MapTool, or any other virtual tabletop that supports PNG images.

You can even just print them out on paper (I've heard of people doing that and putting them on poker chips) :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “TokenTool”