Making the most of my cold!

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Soooooo..........is there an easier way to upload tokens to Mapshare? I just uploaded 227 creature tokens and I had to do it 4 at a time.
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Most sites, even our gallery, will limit the uploads 4 at a time.

It is a grind but the only way you can get around that is to zip them all and post the zip file up there. Then you just make a little thumbnail to assign to the zip file.

Now, I get to check out your stuff! :)

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

The RPTools site starts at 4 but by hitting the "more" link on the bottom you can keep adding to that number. not a perfect system but it works pretty decently.
I cast firecube! ~4E

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

thelevitator wrote:Soooooo..........is there an easier way to upload tokens to Mapshare? I just uploaded 227 creature tokens and I had to do it 4 at a time.
Might have wanted to ask this there ;)

I do appreciate the uploads!

As Jector mentioned, as with the RPtools gallery, you can click the More link below the last entry and it will give you another set of fields. Not sure if there's a limit to that... RPGMapshare and the RPTools gallery use the same gallery software.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I have blown weekends using tokentool. I uploaded most of what I did to my gallery, and most of it sucks. I lost anything else in a hdd reformat recently.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

brisingre wrote: I uploaded most of what I did to my gallery, and most of it sucks.
That is not true my friend; your stuff is great!

All stuff is valuable stuff - you have no idea how nice it is looking for just that right token to match our minions. Your collection is a great asset!

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Everything anyone adds to the Gallery here only adds to the value of the program, so everything added is a great asset for the program!
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Thanks. I might do some more if I ever get the time, what with homework and games to write and a website of my own to maintain and a git father with a crummy computer. I am realizing how pixelized most of my stuff is, and how quickly jpegs lose quality on a zoom. Ah well. I think I will find an overlay I like and use that for the next batch of tokens. Maybe one of DOrpond's.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

brisingre wrote: Thanks. I might do some more if I ever get the time ..... I am realizing how pixelized most of my stuff is, and how quickly jpegs lose quality on a zoom.
Cool! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

If you are not liking your zoom results, make your tokens at a higher resolution. I think I made mine 200X200 instead of the default 128X128. That will ensure they look prettier when blown up to larger size.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

thanks!

I generally make my tokens from WotC book art. I may look for other galleries of fantasy art...

voodoo
Dragon

Post by voodoo »

I'd have liked them in the RPtools gallery, but mapshare is fine too.
Have you managed to upload them and could you tell us where you put them ?
Thanks in advance, hope the cold is better!
(Remember : an untreated cold lasts one week, a trated one lasts seven days... ant that's from an MD)

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I need to mention here, that unless you have permission to copy and re-distribute the art used for your tokens, you shouldn't upload them anywhere. Many of those uploaded by The Levitator on RPGMapshare are questionable, some are obviously from movies, like Highlander, and Willow, and I'll have to remove them. This also brings the rest of them into question.

Just because the images exist on a web site doesn't mean you can use them and distribute them publicly.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I give wizards credit in the album name, at least. I don't think the images are actually public domain, but I don't in any way claim ownership of them.

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

Here let me help....if it is owned by WotC, is not in the public domain. :roll:
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

brisingre wrote:I give wizards credit in the album name, at least. I don't think the images are actually public domain, but I don't in any way claim ownership of them.
Giving credit doesn't cut it, unless WOTC specifically has a public license that says that's all you'd need to do. That goes with any web site. You can't assume you can use it freely unless it says so.

This probably means that 99.9% of the token images are illegally posted here, I hate to say. The ones I've posted are from my own renders, so I know they're good.

You have to cite the source, people, if it's not your own work, and that source had better say you can use it all you want.
Steel Rat
-----------
Discord Server

Return to “TokenTool”