Making the most of my cold!

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

thelevitator
Dragon

Making the most of my cold!

Post by thelevitator »

Holy Crap! I've been sick for the last couple days, so I've had a hard time getting any work done. So, I started making tokens. Lots of tokens. Lots and lots of tokens. I've been basically sitting here making tokens while watching MSNBC and CNN for the last 2 days. I decided to take a break and count them up. So far, I've created more than 750 tokens! 765 to be exact. If anyone needs tokens, just drop me a line. I have them separated too. My folders are Creatures & Characters. In the characters folder I have them further separated by gender and race too.

I think I need to see a shrink! :shock:
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Heh, you so crazy !~

So, now the golden question, what would make the tool do its job better ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Nothing! It's so easy to drag, drop, size and name. I use Namemage for naming all of the tokens. Each token only takes about 15 seconds or so to create. The only thing that would make things cooler for me is if it would rename the original image to match the token. I used to name the images first and then match the tokens to the original, but once I got on a roll, I was using a ton of images that I hadn't named yet. I'll probably just plan on dropping the images onto an unbounded map and zoom in really tight on the token when I want to just show them a portrait of someone important.

I think I'm going to try and see if I can get 1000 tokens done. That should make populating bars and villages pretty easy!

James Anthony

trevor

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote:That should make populating bars and villages pretty easy!
Heh, that's for sure !

ego093
Giant

Post by ego093 »

Holy cow.

Actually - I found myself doing the same thing while my wife watched old Six Feet Under episodes. I hit about 180 and realized that the process couldn't be any easier.

trevor

Post by trevor »

ego093 wrote:realized that the process couldn't be any easier.
heh, rock on !

huhlig
Giant

Post by huhlig »

If you guys dont mind I really think we should make a "GFX Pack" all the nifty Graphics that you can download in one chunk that complement maptool. Without having to go into every album and select more GFX. I need tokens!!!
Stamps too!

trevor

Post by trevor »

Heh :)

Actually, one plan we've had is to make it possible to add an online repository to the Image Explorer, then you just browse the repo, and it gets updates appropriately.

There hasn't been a timeframe set on that feature yet though.

huhlig
Giant

Post by huhlig »

Big problem with that is you would eigther need a local cache(which wouldnt be bad) or you need an internet connection always. I play without an inet connection when I am at Dragon(local university gaming club) so its not an option. In Maptool is there anyway to sort tokens on the board(on the left token list). So I can have a monsters folder, a pc folder, an NPC folder and such. Otherwise if I preload a map with tokens I seem to loose who is who.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

What's the memory limit in the Gallery if I wanted to put the tokens there? I don't want to hog too much space. I could also put them in the Token folder at rpgmapshare.com.

James Anthony

trevor

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote:What's the memory limit in the Gallery if I wanted to put the tokens there? I don't want to hog too much space. I could also put them in the Token folder at rpgmapshare.com.
Either is fine, you might put them in the rpgmapshare.com so that non rptools people can find them easier, but you don't have to worry about memory from the rptools gallery if you prefer that one

trevor

Post by trevor »

huhlig wrote:Big problem with that is you would eigther need a local cache(which wouldnt be bad) or you need an internet connection always. I play without an inet connection when I am at Dragon(local university gaming club) so its not an option. In Maptool is there anyway to sort tokens on the board(on the left token list). So I can have a monsters folder, a pc folder, an NPC folder and such. Otherwise if I preload a map with tokens I seem to loose who is who.
There is no way atm, but look forward to being able to create your own arbitrary groups :)

snikle
Great Wyrm

Post by snikle »

huhlig wrote:So I can have a monsters folder, a pc folder, an NPC folder and such. Otherwise if I preload a map with tokens I seem to loose who is who.
Yeah, I agree on that, that would make a GMs life a little easier, would like to see this implemented.
• snikle •
snikle.wordpress.com

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I would love to see your tokens up here Levitator! Share Share Share!

:)

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I"m so bummed. I must have miscounted. I think I may have counted a folder twice or something. The actual total is around 640, but still a buttload of tokens. I'm off to RPGMapshare to start getting them online.

I should mention that in the interest of speed I mostly used the same token ring, since I was planning on sheer volume. I will be adding to the gallery even more as I get time to add more tokens.

James Anthony

Return to “TokenTool”