Paint.NET use

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Dalna
Dragon

Paint.NET use

Post by Dalna »

I know this might be asking much...but maybe you can tell us how to do things in Paint.net It has alot of features and its FREE off the net. I know that sounds harsh, but I am on a very limited budget...so I take free programs over paid ones, and when they are great quality like MapTools and Paint.NET, I cant see why not use it and endorse it.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

you mean to make tokens with ? Unfortunately I haven't used Paint.NET much, so I can't say, but if there's something that TokenTool isn't providing you, I'd love to hear about it so I can improve it.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Dalna
Dragon

Post by Dalna »

What I meant was for like overlay creation and such. Paint.Net is one of the best free drawing programs out there and can do PNG files also. Just thought it might be of use for some of the things that Token Tool cant do. but since I am new to token tool...I will leave that upto you all...I just know I cant afford to buy software...so I download what I need.

But I just took a look at GIMP and didn't know it was free...sorry...guess that Paint.net might be not needed.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Ahhh, I gotcha :)

Actually, you may find Paint.NET to be more conducive than the gimp (at least that's what I've found personally)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I don't know what the paint.net interface is like (this is the first I've heard of it) but basically the only odd thing you need to do to create an overlay (now, there has been talk of an advanced overlay format, or at least there was a while ago. I have been gone for a while) is how to put in an alpha value (transparency). An overlay consists of an image of what you want it to look like with transparency where you want the art to show through and #ff00ff (255,0,255--Pure violet) where the final token will be transparent. I should check out paint.net...

-Brisingre (hooked on parentheses)
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

Return to “TokenTool”