OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.42 [VIEW ANIMATIO

Post by wolph42 »

ok. updated the message macro. it now allows for an additional parameter to set the width of the message. See function manual for more detailed instructions.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:ok. updated the message macro. it now allows for an additional parameter to set the width of the message. See function manual for more detailed instructions.
Thanks.

I went ahead and did it a slightly different way, adding an optional width field to the header text argument:

Code: Select all

[h,if(argCount() > 1): headerText	= arg(1) ; headerText	= ""]
[h, if (indexOf(headerText, ":width=") != -1), CODE:
	{
		[h: break = indexOf(headerText, ":width=")]
		[h: width = substring(headerText, break + 7)]
		[h: headerText = substring(headerText, 0, break)]

};
	{
		[h: width = "100%"]
	}
]
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Ah yes, that's also a possibility. Ive aded that in the BoT as well. (That is, alternatively you can use either the headertext width or arg(7), where arg(7) precedes the headertext. Manual is also updated with this. bot version 42d

Arcueid
Kobold

Post by Arcueid »

I tried to import the tools and a few other parts, but i'm getting an error saying this was meant for 1.4.1.5 and if i continue it gives a java exception.
I don't see that it on the download page anymore, but that would still put it in the development release as the version i'm running is the stable 1.4.0.5.

Are those development versions good to use, or am i just doing something wrong and it shouldn't be giving me this popup?

battlemagus241
Kobold

Post by battlemagus241 »

I've downloaded and loaded the Bot onto my maptool campaign. The problem I keep having whenever I try to press onCampaignLoad I get a error in body roll.

"Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h,if(getLibProperty('maxGroupSelect','lib:EventMacros') == "")       Statement Body : setLibProperty("maxGroupSelect", 500,"lib:EventMacros")"

Is what pops up everytime. So I'm wondering if I missed something, or could it be possible, that it will not work cuz I changed some of the Campaign Properties.

I wold please like to know what I can do, for I would really like to use some if not most of the BoT features.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thats a really weird error. I'll need to have a look. Could you share your campaign file (e.g. link it through dropbox) so I can have a look directly in it?

battlemagus241
Kobold

Post by battlemagus241 »

I got the BoT feature to work but when I was finished. I save the campaign and closed Maptool. Then when I reopened to adjust the campaign it no loger works I get a new error.

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): H       Statement Body : disguiseMacro = getLibProperty("am.bot.disguiseMacro")

Is the new error code. So I have decided even though BoT is a nice feature and you put a great deal of time and effort, but I will not use it for it is just one problem after another, I thank you for your time and looking into the matter but all I wanted to use was the walk on teleports but guess it just doesn't work for me.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

@Sereptus: as it turned out the comment in the settings was a bit misleading. What I meant was: you can give any value to the token property 'movement' as long as its numeric (e.g. [r:strength+toughness*agility]).
But thats not what it specifically said.

So I updated the limitmovement macro in lib:Eventmacros and I updated lib:DH to allow for ANY property (like "spd") to be set in the limitmovement section of the settings.

In other words: if you replace BOTH lib:DH AND lib:EventMacros AND run the settings again (as all the settings are store on lib:EventMacros) and go through them, then it should work.

Let me know whether it actually does.

Sereptus
Giant

Post by Sereptus »

wolph42 wrote: In other words: if you replace BOTH lib:DH AND lib:EventMacros AND run the settings again (as all the settings are store on lib:EventMacros) and go through them, then it should work.

Let me know whether it actually does.
It does! and thank you soo much! I really appreciate that! Just threw the tokens on, updated settings, saved campaign and reloaded. Good to go except for one glitch where the invisibility toggle was checkmarked and it spit out an error as I don't have the appropriate props set for that. Thanks again. 8)
OOOHH RegEx....YOU BITTER-SWEET BEAST!!!

Dougal
Cave Troll

Post by Dougal »

404 file not found

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43 [EMBARKATION]

Post by wolph42 »

NEW VERSION 43 1.4.0.5+ compatible

The new Features:
Added Embarkation. This allows you to move tokens into a vehicle, move the vehicle around and when required disembark the tokens once more. See manual for more info.

Other changes are:
- fixed bug in limit movement.
- fixed bug in delete properties.
- fixed bug in disguise button.
- added 'cycle disguise' macro, not added to the enchilada
- added bot_message() width parameter also to header text on suggestion of full bleed.
- added additional parameter to bot_message() to allow you to set the width of the table.
- updates to the function manual.
- added bot_getTokCDistance() including manual entry. Function calculates distance between the corners of two tokens, returns distance in either cells, pixels or dpc
- added back link to the introduction window
- fixed error message on clean install

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43 [EMBARKATION]

Post by JamzTheMan »

Embarkation you don't say?

Doe this perhaps keep them in there seat too? ie if you rotate the bus I'm assuming they rotate with it properly?

Real question, does it require a vehicle? Can it be used to, say, just keep a "Party" together moving around a dungeon? If you want a side challenge, if you could move a group of say, 6 tokens, in a standard party order, that can be rotated, and automatically shrinks/expands if walked into a smaller/larger room (ie keep the tokens out of the vbl/walls), well then, that would be spiffy! :D

In the meantime, gonna have to check this out!
-Jamz

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”