SpeakForMe: Speak as a token without impersonating it

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Raoden
Dragon

Re: SpeakForMe: Speak as a token without impersonating it

Post by Raoden »

Thanks! Yeah, it's easy to miss a post here and there, even on "your" own threads. But even with this one slip-up, the average helpfulness level of this Forum, and Rumble in particular, is still quite high. :wink:
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Our game upgraded to b70 today and it seems whatever you did earlier to try to get word wrapping to work now works in b70. Yay!
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

plothos wrote:Our game upgraded to b70 today and it seems whatever you did earlier to try to get word wrapping to work now works in b70. Yay!
Warn't me - kraagenbrink (kragenbrink? kraggenbrink?) updated the source to get wrapping to work in frames; I just happened to have the proper wrap settings in my frame in the hopes that one day someone would do that!

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Yeah, I figured that was it, since we hadn't changed any tokens.
Drop-In Utilities:
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I have a problem in B70 with SpeakForMe using Lindsay's 3.5/Pathfinder Framework. When I try to launch SpeakForMe, I get an error about "Error executing switchToken unknown token XXXX.". No matter what I do, I get this error if there is a PC token on the map. So, I tried troubleshooting and I get an error if any of the States have a space in them, such as Protection from Good, Protection from Evil... The error is when the states are being read into the JSON as it asks for value exProtection when it should be exProtection from Good. Is there a way to run a replace looking for spaces and replace it with _ and then reverse it later?

barinax
Giant

Post by barinax »

Hey Rumble et al,

I am trying this for the 1st time and I get an error when I try to use it:

Undefined function: rspk.configStates

Is there some post that describes how to set this up?

Thanks in advance.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Did you reload the campaign or manually click onCampaignLoad? I'm just guessing, but that's probably a UDF that didn't get initialized.
Drop-In Utilities:

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

neofax wrote:I have a problem in B70 with SpeakForMe using Lindsay's 3.5/Pathfinder Framework. When I try to launch SpeakForMe, I get an error about "Error executing switchToken unknown token XXXX.". No matter what I do, I get this error if there is a PC token on the map. So, I tried troubleshooting and I get an error if any of the States have a space in them, such as Protection from Good, Protection from Evil... The error is when the states are being read into the JSON as it asks for value exProtection when it should be exProtection from Good. Is there a way to run a replace looking for spaces and replace it with _ and then reverse it later?
OK, the States with spaces problem doesn't seem to be a problem as I just have to keep clicking OK. However, it seems that some tokens do not work with SpeakForMe. On the surface, they look the same and act the same in the FW. So, I am stumped. Attached is a token that does not work with the SpeakForMe resource.
Attachments
Johah al-Bimin.rptok
(64.87 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

neofax wrote:OK, the States with spaces problem doesn't seem to be a problem as I just have to keep clicking OK. However, it seems that some tokens do not work with SpeakForMe. On the surface, they look the same and act the same in the FW. So, I am stumped. Attached is a token that does not work with the SpeakForMe resource.
Not sure if this is something you checked, but just to be sure, since it's tripped me up before:
How exactly is this not working for you? Are the tokens just not showing up in the drop-downs? If so, are you running it as GM? Because the lists there are determined by the current view on screen. Zoom in and fewer will be available, when you refresh the lists or start the window anew. (Determining factor is when the lists are populated, of course).

Just making sure you knew that before anybody looks deeper into token props and such.
Drop-In Utilities:

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I don't even get the frame. I only get an error in the chat saying switchToken did not work. However, it is strange as I can delete the token after saving it and then reimport it and then it works. However, I should not have to do this.

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

neofax wrote:I don't even get the frame. I only get an error in the chat saying switchToken did not work. However, it is strange as I can delete the token after saving it and then reimport it and then it works. However, I should not have to do this.
Possibilities - there's an unknown character, a comma, a single quote, or simply an extra space in the token name. If so, speakforme might be trimming it, and it turns out that the tokens "John" and "John " are different tokens. so if the error is "unknown token ____" it probably means the name being sent to switchToken is not the actual name of the token, but differs by some small amount.

I apologize for not seeing this sooner; I'll check it out when I get a chance. I can't keep up with my threads! :oops:

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Good call, that does sound like the most likely cause.
Drop-In Utilities:

LeopoldVonRanke
Giant

Post by LeopoldVonRanke »

Hi Rumble, I have a problem with wanting to send text to the chatbox without an author symbol;it's only indirectly related to your drop-in, but still...
see the thread at http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 74#p177574

I'm afraid this needs your help, I couldn't figure it out...

Thanks for your time...

Leo

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”